Would Gaga have won?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would Gaga have won?

• Yes, for both
    • Yes but only for best pop album
    • Neither

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Inferno said:

Why did her team not submit them though?

5 minutes ago, JustJames said:

Wait- she seriously didn’t submit BTW or EOG? It’s so strange seeing You And I as the sole representation. I honestly think LG has been screwed out of so many accolades; how common is it for someone to win both categories? BTW was a commercial success and cultural changing point. The era lasted a year and its singles and songs were diverse yet cohesive. It should’ve won AOTY, and Adele Pop Vocal Album; BTW should’ve been nominated and perhaps snagged SOTY and EOG should’ve been at the top of ROTY and maybe a Rock nomination? 

Would MTN or BTW qualify for any Dance awards? 

Hopefully somebody else can fact check this, just in case, but her 2012 nominations were as follows:

Spoiler

Album of the Year: Lady Gaga "Born This Way"

Record of the Year: Lady Gaga "Judas" ; Lady Gaga "You and I" ; Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga "The Lady is a Tramp"

Song of the Year: Lady Gaga "Judas" Lady Gaga "You and I"

Pop Song Performance: Lady Gaga "Judas" Lady Gaga "You and I"

Best Pop Vocal Album: Lady Gaga "Born This Way"

Short Form Music Video: Lady Gaga "Born This Way" Lady Gaga "You and I"

Long Form Music Video ; Lady Gaga: Inside the Outside

So BTW was submitted for short form video, but (as @Aquarius mentioned) they ultimately nominated the Weird Al parody instead of the actual video. I remember fuming.

But yeah, if these indeed were the actual nomination submissions, I'm still mad about it. BTW and TEOG had a better chance of scoring nominations, in my opinion. 

3 points in and ready for more

Inferno
49 minutes ago, Miel said:

Hopefully somebody else can fact check this, just in case, but her 2012 nominations were as follows:

Hide contents

Album of the Year: Lady Gaga "Born This Way"

Record of the Year: Lady Gaga "Judas" ; Lady Gaga "You and I" ; Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga "The Lady is a Tramp"

Song of the Year: Lady Gaga "Judas" Lady Gaga "You and I"

Pop Song Performance: Lady Gaga "Judas" Lady Gaga "You and I"

Best Pop Vocal Album: Lady Gaga "Born This Way"

Short Form Music Video: Lady Gaga "Born This Way" Lady Gaga "You and I"

Long Form Music Video ; Lady Gaga: Inside the Outside

So BTW was submitted for short form video, but (as @Aquarius mentioned) they ultimately nominated the Weird Al parody instead of the actual video. I remember fuming.

But yeah, if these indeed were the actual nomination submissions, I'm still mad about it. BTW and TEOG had a better chance of scoring nominations, in my opinion. 

never knew that, but the fact that the weird al parody was nominated over the actual video goes to show what the "industry" or general people involved in voting felt about lady gaga at that time, especially considering how grammy worthy you and i itself was and they still paid it dust. proof of definite wrist slapping from then onward.

RochestrMonstr

Ouch this ceremony was painful to watch! She lost all the awards to Adele and the GP was so sick of her at that point. She went on her “blackout” shortly after that. 

Archived