music news

Small Talk debuts at #81

Rifek

Featured Posts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LIMECHAKRA

I genuinely think what she is releasing is just not that interesting. That's completely okay. If she wants to just release these quick little singles it's fine. 

I do think Harleys in Hawaii will be the hit though. The fact that they snuck that in so early in an interview and gave it a little side story and it sounds instantly catchy...idk...I just feel like that will be the one they know will take off. These are all just experiments. 

JusKeepBreathin

Let's remember Million Reasons debuted at #76 on the Hot 100 until payola, promotion and the Superbowl kicked in.  

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

5 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

payola

the delusion

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

AndiGaga
1 hour ago, Leozz said:

Destined to flop forever.

Thats bullshit

Just because she has no hits at the moment, does not mean she will flop forever

AmericanxDream
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Let's remember Million Reasons debuted at #76 on the Hot 100 until payola, promotion and the Superbowl kicked in.  

giphy.gif

the poor kats, the devastation :ohwell:

but in all seriousness, I think Katy hasn’t gone thru her metamorphoses phase. I think Gaga’s phase was between the release of Joanne and the beginning of this year, she completely shifted her career in a positive way that made sense for her age and maturity level. Katy has continued to serve us one note, she (or someone close to her) needs to bring out that thing in her. I hope she finds it soon, cause if not.... she will be the new Cindy Lauper and that’s on period.

xoxo Craig

Yes Katy, this is good! Hopefully it will rise next week and keep these haters PRESSEDT 

End Racism Now

27monster27
2 hours ago, The Bling said:

Let it sink in, an actual good song waa kicked out of the Hot 100 so Small Tank could make it :bradley:

What song got kicked out?

he/him/his

LilyLark

Strange, NRO was decent but this is...bad. A little promo would have helped tremendously. Perhaps some of you all are right in that she's trying to get out of her contract.

LilyLark
2 hours ago, HausOfMiklaus said:

The lack of promotion and hype + the streaming era is bad for our pop girls who have previously flourished in the format before everything changed. Sad days for everyone.

Agree. I know some people dislike Katy and her music, but in general this is sad. The landscape's completely changed and while there are songs that thrive due to numerous factors (Old Town Road)—this new environment caters way more to artists with young fans (like under 21) who can stream all day or set up sh*t to stream on a loop. Some rap and r & b will be okay, because radio stations focused on those genres tend to play a good variety of tracks and are more open to new artists, but the pop stations often cater to what songs are streaming the most and they end up playing the same tracks over and over.

Also, the whole deal with promotion is a mess now....barely anyone gets out there and hardcore pushes a song anymore so it can definitely backfire. At the same time, artists can't simply skip all promotions. Even Taylor wasn't able to get The Archer that high even if her other two singles debuted at #2 and she did do a promotion push...

DonatellaPop
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

...until payola

it wasn't love, it was a perfect delusion :triggered:

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

Archived