Why Is Everyone Hating on Katy?

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FameHookah
53 minutes ago, TheQueenEnthusiast said:

Oh god, it was cringey. You're defending her because you're a Katy Stan. What she said and did with American Idol was cringey. The MV for Swish Swish was cringey. Small talk's "bLAH BLAH BLAH". BLAH" is cringey.

love and hip hop period GIF by VH1

I literally have NEVER seen this video and the first minute I watched proved my point. 

Holy **** i cringed so hard 🤣 was she on drugs?

WTF is MDNA

Born To Slay
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

Katy has done a lot of things for pop culture. I Kissed  A Girl was the first mainstream song to explore the themes of Bisexuality. 

To say she hasnt done anything for the culture is a crime. Literally when I was growing up through highschool the two main girls where Gaga and Katy. Many people grew up with these artists

That song was not exactly the best for bisexuality. If anything, she’d be torn to pieces if she released it now. 

TheQueenEnthusiast
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

Looks like I'm talking to a 5 year old Gaga stan... stay in nursery school :bon:

You're literally on gagadaily.com, you don't take critique well of a dying cringey artist, you have failed trying to correlate the queen of versatility to Katy and made a fool of yourself when gaga wasn't even on the table to speak of. People don't like Perry cause she's dated and hasn't done anything memorable in years and now she has shitty singles coming out and everything is forced for commercial purposes. Why are you here? So many people have given you reasons and you just completely ignore what they're saying. 

Born To Slay
1 minute ago, Epione said:

Because CTTR was better than PI. :fail:

Mk, I’ll take Gaga’s emotionally driven, well written jam over Katy Perry’s failed attempt to be political anyday. 

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Born To Slay said:

That song was not exactly the best for bisexuality. If anything, she’d be torn to pieces if she released it now. 

At that time it was pretty daring. She got a humanitarian award for that song

End Racism Now

Gimme More

it's what she deserves. i find her very unlikeable and basic.

source.gif

#JusticeForBritney ♡

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, TheQueenEnthusiast said:

You're literally on gagadaily.com, you don't take critique well of a dying cringey artist, you have failed trying to correlate the queen of versatility to Katy and made a fool of yourself when gaga wasn't even on the table to speak of. People don't like Perry cause she's dated and hasn't done anything memorable in years and now she has shitty singles coming out and everything is forced for commercial purposes. Why are you here? So many people have given you reasons and you just completely ignore what they're saying. 

There is literally no reason to hate Katy Perry, she is not dated and she is not "dying". You are the only one that has given "shitty reasons" because you clearly have an issue with her. 

I am here defending her from the hate which is unreasonable and totally unfair. 

End Racism Now

TheQueenEnthusiast
7 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

There is literally no reason to hate Katy Perry, she is not dated and she is not "dying". You are the only one that has given "shitty reasons" because you clearly have an issue with her. 

I am here defending her from the hate which is unreasonable and totally unfair. 

But... I don't... hate her at all. I loved Teenage Dream... and prism had cute bops but you failing to see that an artist HAS to adapt in the ever-changing environment that is the music industry is a personal problem. Katy has not changed. She is not expanding her horizons while keeping her DNA intact. But it's literally effortless trying to talk to you about this because you're going to say "bUT NeVER rEALly oVEr wAS A BoP". 

Born To Slay
16 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

At that time it was pretty daring. She got a humanitarian award for that song

It was pretty controversial at the time and for good reason. The lyrics are problematic.

xoxo Craig
5 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

It was pretty controversial at the time and for good reason. The lyrics are problematic.

How are the lyrics problematic?

End Racism Now

Epione
24 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Mk, I’ll take Gaga’s emotionally driven, well written jam over Katy Perry’s failed attempt to be political anyday. 

I wish I could still lie to myself like this. :fail:

tomsches
28 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Katy has done a lot of things for pop culture. I Kissed  A Girl was the first mainstream song to explore the themes of Bisexuality. 

To say she hasnt done anything for the culture is a crime. Literally when I was growing up through highschool the two main girls where Gaga and Katy. Many people grew up with these artists

It's songs like I kissed a girl that make her so problematic, fetishizing and  abusing homosexuality to be cool/trendy. 

Don't even get me started on Ur So Gay.

Born To Slay
3 minutes ago, Epione said:

I wish I could still lie to myself like this. :fail:

I wish you could tell yourself the truth like this but it’s not meant for everyone ig 

Archived