Why Is Everyone Hating on Katy?

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheQueenEnthusiast
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

But Katys music has never been trash either. She makes bops all the time :madge:  

Chained to the Rhythm, Swish Swish, Small Talk, NRO are "bops"????

compared to her Prism or Teenage Dream singles? 

confused britney spears GIF

Sorry ma'am you're going to have to sit this one out :/

xoxo Craig
Just now, Born To Slay said:

She has two sexual misconduct allegations against her, so I don’t know why she isn’t getting more hate

Both have been proven false. Infact, the woman who made her story up actually apologised saying "her words were taken out of context"

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, TheQueenEnthusiast said:

Chained to the Rhythm, Swish Swish, Small Talk, NRO are "bops"????

compared to her Prism or Teenage Dream singles? 

confused britney spears GIF

Sorry ma'am you're going to have to sit this one out :/

Is Joanne a bop compared to ARTPOP? Absolutely not, but its cute.

Witness was everything, and her recent singles have all been bops... sorry if you are lacking taste!

End Racism Now

Born To Slay
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Both have been proven false. Infact, the woman who made her story up actually apologised saying "her words were taken out of context"

What about the guy?

i'm not a hater and not a fan

my reason to being "indifferent" is i like music that sounds "customized"

a Gaga beat is a GAGA beat

a Katy beat is any pop beat... of course she has bops, E.T. rules, but not enough that i'd consider myself a fan

ice heard one side from above

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Born To Slay said:

What about the guy?

There are reciepts that prove that he was in it for the money 

End Racism Now

HoneyB

I hate that we always have to compare Katy to Gaga like they’re always roped together:awkney: nobody hates her but music wise the GP isn’t interested that much anymore

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Born To Slay
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

There are reciepts that prove that he was in it for the money 

The media didn’t seem to pick up on that. Can u share?

TheQueenEnthusiast
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

Is Joanne a bop compared to ARTPOP? Absolutely not, but its cute.

Witness was everything, and her recent singles have all been bops... sorry if you are lacking taste!

You cannot compare Joanne to ARTPOP because they are totally different genres. Literally one is electro-pop/dance/edm album and the other is country inspired/dedicated to family album and people still praised Joanne...it got multiple grammy nominations and it won a grammy what's not getting through your head lmaoooo 

xoxo Craig
Just now, Born To Slay said:

The media didn’t seem to pick up on that. Can u share?

Its all in there

End Racism Now

TheQueenEnthusiast

Like I said you simply cannot compare Gaga to anyone because in no matter what field she goes to, she dominates it and her versatility shines through. 

holy scheisse

It's just... Been a long time y'know. Nobody stays huge forever, chart wise. Everybody knows top 40 music appeals to young audiences mostly. And I think they just resonate with newer artists. 

I personally believe the cultural shift started with Lana/Lorde, and weve culturally moved away from the classic perception of popstars. I read a really interesting article about Billie eilish's career and how she's essentially a model for where the pop scene is moving in the age of streaming. It's just a new time and Katy isnt part of it .... And her making the same kind of music for all these years isn't inspiring any fresh interest. People are into the anti popstars right now I think. Ariana gets that and that's why she's shaking things up with faster releases, experimenting with new sounds/song formats, etc. 

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, TheQueenEnthusiast said:

You cannot compare Joanne to ARTPOP because they are totally different genres. Literally one is electro-pop/dance/edm album and the other is country inspired/dedicated to family album and people still praised Joanne...it got multiple grammy nominations and it won a grammy what's not getting through your head lmaoooo 

Witness is a different genre to Prism though. Witness is more EDM influenced than bubblegum pop, even the single Chained To The Rhythm has disco influences... so you cant compare Witness to Prism or Teenage Dream :trollga:

I was just pointing out how flawed your point was

End Racism Now

Archived