Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Is Everyone Hating on Katy?

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO

1. A lot of people here actually like her music, many used to be stans of hers. 

2. A big chunk of replies to many Katy-related topics are people expressing sympathy for her and what the media is doing to her 

3. Yes, there are annoying ass idiots who bash her for every little thing, even if it's not warranted. But most people in this site don't hate on her, they simply express their dislike for her and for her cringey/problematic behavior, which is 100% warranted as she had multiple sexual misconduct claims against her, and we shouldn't just brush them off because she's a famous female pop star, that's disgusting 

4. Disrespecting ofther artists like you did with Kesha and Zayn in retaliation for people disliking Katy is extremely hypocritical of the you, and frankly kinds chidish. 

5. Take a deep breath. You seem so pressed over something that doesn't even matter. I like a lot of your posts but dude, this is ridiculous lol 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
15 minutes ago, IHE said:

It's just her turn. Ariana and Cardi B  are next. Yall know this. Build them up and tear them down. Some stars don't recover. Some do.

Well its sad. Katy, Ariana and Cardi never deserve this

End Racism Now

Inferno
9 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

If you look at Gaga's early career, she too also used gimmicks to achieve success. When she came out with Just Dance, she put on an accent and had her dancers posing in the background at every interview. In the Barbera Winters interview she said she doesn't normally take off her sunglasses. Why? Because she wanted to act like she already made it. Its a gimmick. The meat dress along with every other piece of iconic wear were all gimmicks.

Both Katy and Gaga relied on gimmicks on the early part of her career. 

Also, you have got to mention Gaga's problematic behaviour. Nobody is perfect. Why did Gaga work with R.Kelly when she knew about the sex crimes he did? Why did Gaga sit with a group of people wearing blackface and take photos with them? 

These sexual misconduct accusations against Katy are false... and while she has made mistakes in her past, she has obviously grown into a better person. She is not the same Katy as she was back in 2011.  Just like Gaga has grown from her mistakes.

The hate against her is definitely 100% warrented. 

What you bypassed here is the key difference between the two of them that Essence mentioned, "raw talent and creative ferocity at her core". Theres a difference in intent that shapes what makes Lady Gaga's hate significantly less warranted. Period.

Inferno
2 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

What makes all of you believe that Katy's lack of success is because of her hair color/length? I see this comment made over and over about her.. gaga went back to the platinum blonde bang during ARTPOP, very TF-esque, and nobody cared...

I didn't say her success or lack thereof weighed entirely on her hair. I just used her hair as one of the more obvious examples of how her success is based in corporate/shallow moves to achieve it. Lady Gaga going back to fame-esque bangs during ARTPOP is neither here nor there. Lady Gaga spends her career trying to achieve a balance of brand and artist. Whereas Katy Perry is not an artist at all, just a brand. Period. She is a business woman. Her career choices are entirely based on what will sell and what will not, which is exactly why you see someone like Lady Gaga or Madonna or whomever be visibly upset/up in arms/defensive over their work and why people like Katy Perry are not. Katy didn't trip about Witness because it didn't actually mean anything to her in any significant way, it was not an extension of who she is as a person, "that farce didn't work so onto the next hopefully that one will stick". As much as I love Rihanna, shes the same as well. Theres business pop stars and then there are pop artists. And being a business pop star is not inherently a bad thing, I think Rihanna is sick af and she knows what she is and she does it well. Further reasoning as to why I have always disliked Katy Perry, this predates silly stan wars, its been my opinion from the get go honestly. Not that I should have to state that but for the record.

Economy

Happens a lot to artists that at one point had a long streak of success (in Katy Perrys case almost 6 years)

I don't get the hate either tho tbh. She has one of my favorite single and music Video discographies of almost any artist

I dare say I like Katie's music videos more than most of Gaga's tbh

Katy does not vocal skills on par with other big female artists like Gaga, Adele or even Taylor Swift but it's not a reason to hate

Bloody hooker

It all started with Bon Appetit. While the GP didn’t care if Katy collabed with the Migos, some of her fan base and others didn’t like it. Then the Swish Swish vídeo dropped, and people hated the meme aspect of it (besides Gretchen). From there on, people just started to not like her in a similar manner Gaga went through during ARTPOP.

I thought 365 would have been a moderate hit for Katy and Zedd, but fans didn’t like it. NRO still has the potential of being a moderate hit for her. I won’t speak for Small Talk, because I don’t like the song.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

Xoxo Adriana
10 hours ago, The Bling said:

If we keep saying it must be for a reason

...and if you're too busy listening to Cupcakke rap about her vag, that must be the reason:huntyga:

Born To Slay
On 8/20/2019 at 4:52 AM, Kylie Jenner said:

before you wanna read, actually READ the thread first. There was literally zero mention of him lying, just simply relayed what was mentioned in the original thread about his multiple cases of scam in the past. NO mention or word of "that makes him a liar"...

Whats most problematic really, is people who wanna drag others but hate it when they get dragged...:oops: 

Oh yeah, it totally wasn’t referenced to hurt his credibility as an accuser. It was just brought for fun trivia. 

And that’s not clever shade either, you need to try harder 

ShayCristoforo

I think it's because she started with One Of The Boys, and it felt authentic and cool and relatable. Then she went into candy land and the jungle and all this other very generic pop, and then a bit more urban with a basketball theme... like idk. And then there are beautiful tracks like By The Grace Of God.
So it's probably just the lack of identity. The desperate basic shots in the dark. And from what I've learned, Katy also had / is having this sort of identity crisis. I recall some interviews about it. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Sugar Baby

you act like you are new in Pop Music, its always been like this people love to put Female Pop stars on the top of the world and then throw stones at them to the point that only a few could recover

it happened to Madonna, Janet jackson, paula abdul, britney, christina, JLO, Gaga and now its Katy's turn

It's never justfy it's just that people get sick of you at some point and you either prove them wrong of fall into obscurity forever

• 2 months later...
GreenDiamond
On 8/20/2019 at 8:50 PM, xoxo Craig said:

Classics:

Part of Me

One That Got Away

Wide Awake

Chained To The Rhythm 

?

i-am-confusion-america-explain-i-am-conf

Daylight Jokers

I don't hate her and I actually wish her success in the future, I'm just not a fan of her music. I do like Unconditionally, Chained to The Rhythm, Thinkin' of You, TOTGA, 365, Never Really Over, Last Friday Night. I just don't have the motivation to get into her entire catalog.

Archived