💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: Lover 200k digital, physical similar to Reputation

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

CAN TAYLOR DO IT AGAIN?

The question on everyone’s mind this week is, “can she do it again?” She, of course, is Taylor Swift, whose highly anticipated new album, Lover, hits the streets on Friday with some very big shoes to fill. Her four previous albums have all opened with over 1 million in sales; Swift is the only artist to notch that many million-selling first weeks.

[...]

Digital downloads made up 58% of Reputation’s first week—over 700k. It’s not likely this can be repeated, with some industry observers suggesting Lover’s digital total could finish in the 200-250k range.

Swift does have a strong physical game, partnering with Target, as always, for four exclusive versions. But physical sales are down 30% since Reputation dropped, and it’s not likely those will increase much beyond that album’s total. Her heavily stocked merch store could help offset any losses here.

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317585&title=CAN-TAYLOR-DO-IT-AGAIN?

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luna Lovegood

Wow LG6 take notes

luna’s advocate

Anderson123

She has a very strong fanbase and the fact that she’s releasing like 4 versions of Lover is going to make them purchase all of them so I could see it opening big. 

Spock
3 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

I hope she sells another million first week 

Sadly I don't think she will, but it doesn't mean Lover going to be flop like everyone is going to paint it as. 700k pure sales in 2019 is massive. But maybe she'll reach the million with SPS? idk

I'm more scared about the second week drop :vegas:

who will love me when the night is over

Ryusei

I thought reputation would do 300k first week so I'm not gonna predict anything but I doubt it'll happen again unless the general perception is "this is a good album" then it might have big and consistent streams. 

Musery

Silvestro Devacelli

Billboard should award her with a special award as they did with katy :ally:

Versace

I think she can when we count target editions and merch bundles. Also a new music video drops a day before so that's a promotional push as well. 

Archived