💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How is Britney’s songwriting skills?

Lighter

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, lost in limbo said:

girl no :huntyga: that's just speculation right there and unfounded at that. You're saying she lacks songwriting skills without basing it on the songs she's the main songwriter in, or, idk, the song she wrote by herself. At the time, teen pop artists had very little control in their own music, aka why artists like Backstreet Boys, Britney, etc. are seen as symbols of "puppet celebrities".  By her third album, they started giving her more control over her music but not the control she wanted, aka why the "Original Doll" controversy happened. She tried to do an album that she wanted and that she had control over and her label shut it down when they found out (which, the one confirmed song from there we have, Mona Lisa, is written by Britney and two others, tho she's the main songwriter, and it has great lyrics).

When I say that she seems more involved in Glory, it's bc you can see she's starting to do what she likes. She had songwriting credits on every song in Britney Jean yet it wasn't the music she wanted to make and you can see that by her "dedication" to the album (see: Myah Marie), whereas she had more love for Glory and it showed. 

How is the fact that you say that she has songwriting skills less ''speculation'' than me saying she doesn't?

I just posted in my first post what she wrote and you can see the percentage I'm not trying to bash and I just gave an objective answer which for some reason doesn't sit well for you therefore I assume you are a fan. It's a fact she didn't wrote most of her albums and many songs she did write aren't speculary (while some of them are) and we probably didn't hear many of the songs she wrote -> therefore I am saying I don't think she has that much songwriting ability.

lost in limbo
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

How is the fact that you say that she has songwriting skills less ''speculation'' than me saying she doesn't?

I just posted in my first post what she wrote and you can see the percentage I'm not trying to bash and I just gave an objective answer which for some reason doesn't sit well for you therefore I assume you are a fan. It's a fact she didn't wrote most of her albums and many songs she did write aren't speculary (while some of them are) and we probably didn't hear many of the songs she wrote -> therefore I am saying I don't think she has that much songwriting ability.

??

I say she has songwriting skills bc I'm looking at the things she actually wrote. If that's speculation, idk what is

sis I'm just counter arguing what you said bc as a stan I've had this discussion before. I think every Britney stan knows she doesn't write most of her music lol

I'm saying she has skills bc I'm looking at the songs she wrote, you're saying she doesn't bc of your unfounded theory that her label doesn't let her write bc of that alleged lack of skills.

this conversation is really going nowhere so I give up lmao

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

xoxo Craig

Considering she had Gaga and Katy Perry (I think Sia as well) to write for her... idk :awkney:

End Racism Now

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, lost in limbo said:

??

I say she has songwriting skills bc I'm looking at the things she actually wrote. If that's speculation, idk what is

sis I'm just counter arguing what you said bc as a stan I've had this discussion before. I think every Britney stan knows she doesn't write most of her music lol

I'm saying she has skills bc I'm looking at the songs she wrote, you're saying she doesn't bc of your unfounded theory that her label doesn't let her write bc of that alleged lack of skills.

this conversation is really going nowhere so I give up lmao

I am saying that she doesn't have much (notice that I didn't said she lacks them completely, not even in my first post) because she didn't craft her most of albums using her own songwriting skills and if she did the results weren't always the greatest.

There is speculation in  saying that her label doesn't let her release what she wants, and also there is a difference between releasing the music you want and writing it the music you release. See Rihanna ANTI.

GlitterAndGrease

The lyrics of the second verse are so beautiful. The were not on the demo so Britney actually wrote them

She wrote the whole song except the all that she wants sample

she wrote the whole song (melody on the piano & lyrics) by herself and for me it's lyrically her best song

Written by Britney and recorded with her band during the Onyx hotel tour

lost in limbo
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

I am saying that she doesn't have much (notice that I didn't said she lacks them completely, not even in my first post) because she didn't craft her most of albums using her own songwriting skills and if she did the results weren't always the greatest.

There is speculation in  saying that her label doesn't let her release what she wants, and also there is a difference between releasing the music you want and writing it the music you release. See Rihanna ANTI.

lmao and I'm giving you the same answer: judge her songwriting skills on what she's actually written

it's not speculation sis, Original Doll was an actual thing that (almost happened)

again, this truly is going nowhere so don't expect me to reply after this lol

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

AJRocketMan

Minimal at best. Gay people need to stop trying to portray Britney as an artist, because she’s not.

FfFfFfFF
Just now, lost in limbo said:

lmao and I'm giving you the same answer: judge her songwriting skills on what she's actually written

it's not speculation sis, Original Doll was an actual thing that (almost happened)

again, this truly is going nowhere so don't expect me to reply after this lol

Ok, even if we don't take into consideration the percentage the results weren't always the greatest and they weren't quite single-worthy. If your own song is not the top track of your album you aren't really that skilled.

tenor.gif

Archived