💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Was ARTPOP inspired by this painting of Venus?

Woohoo

Featured Posts

Woohoo

Griepenkerl,_Aphrodite_Urania.png13f9b202e1ef4984b24a54b6c5849674.jpg

'Venus Urania' by Christian Griepenkerl, 1878

In the painting, the child to the right is holding an ancient greek lyre, an instrumental sacred to Apollo, greek God of music, healing light, and more. Here's one of Gaga's photoshoots holding it

2000?cb=20160522115134

And it has also been mentioned in Mary Jane Holland "So if you have fear, Apollo sit on my lyre and play em like a piano, man."

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

MrHappy
Just now, Woohoo said:

Griepenkerl,_Aphrodite_Urania.png13f9b202e1ef4984b24a54b6c5849674.jpg

'Venus Urania' by Christian Griepenkerl, 1878

In the painting, the child to the right is holding an ancient greek lyre, an instrumental sacred to Apollo, greek God of music, healing light, and more. Here's one of Gaga's photoshoots holding it

2000?cb=20160522115134

And it has also been mentioned in Mary Jane Holland "So if you have fear, Apollo sit on my lyre and play em like a piano, man."

This ball is a sign of Jeff Koons hes always useing that ball on his sculptures. Maybe he was inspire form that painting but its not the only painting that using ball as a metaphor. 

Infinity Wave

ARTPOP was influenced by Greek mythology (you can see that in the GUY video and in a couple of perfornances and photoshoots) and by the artistical representation of goddesses like Venus and such, whence the album art being a greek statue and a painting of Venus.

I would've loved if she had taken more inspo from paintings and such, with more even subtle links to mithology and such.

Colourful

Delusional
12 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

ARTPOP was influenced by Greek mythology (you can see that in the GUY video and in a couple of perfornances and photoshoots) and by the artistical representation of goddesses like Venus and such, whence the album art being a greek statue and a painting of Venus.

I would've loved if she had taken more inspo from paintings and such, with more even subtle links to mithology and such.

Imagine an album where each song is about a different Greek god and the whole era is just beautiful pastel visuals mixed with angry dark ones. Wow. My mind.

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

TheQueenEnthusiast

I feel like Gaga is always being inspired by texts and art pieces involving religion and/or a set of beliefs but puts her own twist on things. The BTW and TFM eras had a lot of Catholic imagery and symbolism while ARTPOP was greek mythology orientated and we even got some Islamic symbolism with Aura (was supposed to be Burqa).

So I would say yes tbh, Gaga takes her own approach to stuff, makes it modern, and x200 more beautiful. 

Sneaky Oliver

That photoshoot is so good sometimes I wish they had chosen one of those pictures for the album cover instead of the sculpture 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived