💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What should Katy do to stay relevant?

devilrhino

Featured Posts

HoneyB

NRO was a cute start small talk is just ew. 

For this era you can tell she’s going for a 70s flower power hippie aesthetic. I’d live for a 70s inspired song or a disco song I think it would be fun!

I can picture her doing a scooby doo inspired video and idk why but it sounds funny in my head:air:

I think she should still do what SHE wants to do. I feel like she’s coming off as inauthentic because she’s trying to give gays bops but failed horribly:ohno:

ITS JOANNE TIME MS.  KATHERYN PERRY

katy-perry-continues-witness-world-tour-

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kids have grown up, it's too late.

She is not an artist and has no talent to fall back on.

She made plenty of money so it's all good.

Dancin
15 minutes ago, devilrhino said:

In the age of streaming, hip hop and more generic based pop music, what does Katy Perry need to do to stay relevant. With NRO (2011 electropop sound) underperforming for her standards and now Small Talk looking like it may be arguably the biggest flop single in her entire career, how should she proceed? 

Should she have a Joanne esque era following along the lines of the one that got away acoustic and thinking of you? Return to her pop-rock beginnings like One of the boys? Keep pushing electropop teenage dream pop? Or something entirely new? 

music video chained to the rhythm GIF by Katy Perry

Never Really Over dosen't sound like something from 2011. It very much has that late 2010s pop sound.

Ot: She either has to make a OOTB 2.0 or an Americana album (because the GP just dosen't take anyone above 30 seriously if they didn't go yeehaw for an album), or she can just keep making bops and slowly come back, she has to do promo tho for this to happen, NRO barely got promo besides the videos and random social media posts.

hmmm

AndiGaga

I know it sounds shallow but the world IS shallow:

She has to get back to her long Black Hair look

Dress classy but sexy

Release something like a Miley Cyrus power ballad 

C1trus

She needs to completely reinvent her image. It should have been during the witness era.

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Xoxo Adriana

majority of the "flop" she is going through is stirred by the media. We all know what the media is like and how powerful they are. Look at Gaga back in 2012-14, she was ROASTED about everything, her weight, her performance, drug-use, the delay of ARTPOP, the flop of ARTPOP, the flop of her ticket sales and the list goes on.

Now that Gaga is on top, they're finding her competitors (ie Katy, Madonna, etc) and dragging them to filth so it looks like they're supporting the top and best selling artist. Back in 2013 they were PRAISING Katy and now they'rve turned their backs on her. She came to Australia last year for Witness Tour and she sold out THREE shows in Melbourne alone, something a generic artist on the charts cannot achieve. 

So, I think she just needs to keep on keeping on and hope the media backlash ends at some point, it did for Gaga and it will for Katy as well. Perhaps she needs to consider combating other industries apart from the music industry, she could work in film, beauty, ANYTHING. Of course Stans will say these things Gaga did first, but Madonna + Rihanna were doing them way before Gaga, nobody owns an industry so calm down...

ImTired

She's painfully basic. Her songs are so broad.  She's trying too hard to appeal to everyone, but appealing to no one. Maybe she should go Christian again. :tony:

not a french fry

Change her name to Lady Gaga

social experiment gone wrong

manuanota

NRO is just what I expect from Katy Perry, and it’s still catchy even in 2019. Small Talk is a bit of a let down, but just don’t give up on her just yet. Pop is coming back ❤️

likeitrough
1 hour ago, devilrhino said:

Should she have a Joanne esque era

literally came here to say she should do something more personally honest and real like Joanne. Katy still has a great voice and I think showing the GP her vocal talents would really bring in some more diverse fans, not just the fans that have been with her from the start.

Archived