💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was The Colorful Smoke In "Applause" A Nod To The Wicked Witch Of The West?

Im You

Featured Posts

ElectricKing

Never thought of it that way actually but considering it's one of her favourite musicals growing up and the GMA performance, that sounds about right!

That would be low-key major meta as a play on ARTPOP’s vengeance on the former era’s proverbial corpse … The Fame through BTWB as the wicked free bxxch from the east (or something to that effect) … “who killed my sister,” “who shot candy warhol,” “where is LG6?” (the pertinent questions playlist)

Also, something about that connection feels like some full circle nod to the “knife under the hood” sent to hollywood … like the Aura as / of Gaga’s california gold rush epoch (her career kind of pivoted definitively westward since ARTPOP … so i guess, her hollywood takeover would read like a wicked witch to the industry that pretty much left her former self for dead …) and Applause leading the charge …

Tbh, my commentary doesn’t make half as much sense in print as it made it my head, nor as the parallel does in relation to the narrative since ARTPOP … but the smoke of oz nod is a fun concept

15 minutes ago, SeashellGangsta said:

It's Pop Culture Gas

that pop cult gas is a wicked diesel ether, though …

tumblr_oudr7qLVSG1qepknto4_500.gif

jwtbf02.png

ObezyankaNol
52 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

It's a reference to the special effects used in old silent films, like this one:

This

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

joemayzzin
1 hour ago, EdgeOfGloryGa said:

I guess the munchkins are all the monsters supposed to be shook by ha return! Plus maybe a few pop girls :fan:

1 hour ago, PinkPop said:

Never thought of it that way actually but considering it's one of her favourite musicals growing up and the GMA performance, that sounds about right!

we were ha poppy flowers that day :awesome:

1375759-10200653665008874-1921387759-n.j

thats me second bottom right :excited:

Edonis
1 hour ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

It's a reference to the special effects used in old silent films, like this one:

Yeah, it's actually this.

The entire video pays homage to German Expressionism and some of the art films of the early 1900s.

Probably one of the reasons why I love the Applause video. Probably a top 5 for me in videography :diane:

seashellplay
1 hour ago, bxr said:

that pop cult gas is a wicked diesel ether, though …

tumblr_oudr7qLVSG1qepknto4_500.gif

jwtbf02.png

The Energies of Gaga  :trollga:

17 minutes ago, SeashellGangsta said:

Hi there Morphine Princess

*Sedgwick Swan has just entered the group chat*

Archived