Im You

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig
Just now, Im You said:

Why am I just seeing this performance omg :bradley:

Its so good omg, its one of my favourite performances of Yoü & I :bradley:

End Racism Now

Inferno

it was really good tbh. she was in the midst of her 2012 irrelevance though so unfortunately no one really noticed.

i think this is one of her best duets as well. this was the performance that turned me from a casual fan to a stan. her look, her sound, the fact that she was able to collaborate with someone like yoko and make it her own was like wow to me. it was what officially separated her from the rest of the basics in my mind. i love it so much.

WORLDofGAGA
12 minutes ago, Inferno said:

it was really good tbh. she was in the midst of her 2012 irrelevance though so unfortunately no one really noticed.

i think this is one of her best duets as well. this was the performance that turned me from a casual fan to a stan. her look, her sound, the fact that she was able to collaborate with someone like yono and make it her own was like wow to me. it was what officially separated her from the rest of the basics in my mind. i love it so much.

She looks so good! :firega:

@W0RLDofGAGA

not a french fry

Her scary demon kicking/walking is all that I need in life

social experiment gone wrong

AJRocketMan

We know that that’s going to change once the inevitable duet with Madonna finally arrives. :ohwell:

Suspiria

As much as I love seeing her leap around in those heels, I find that performance awkward to watch... it just sounds like they're tonelessly screeching over each other with no rhythm or chemistry:poot: Mick doing those ooohs sounds truly awful.

Schwerk

It's iconic but musically not my favourite. It's a bit too out of control for my taste, I for example can't listen to just the audio of it and enjoy it. The visual is more compelling than the sound to me in this case.

I do often put this on:

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Ladle Ghoulash
1 hour ago, AJRocketMan said:

We know that that’s going to change once the inevitable duet with Madonna finally arrives. :ohwell:

Madonna better step up her vocal game if she wants to collab w/ Gags

AJRocketMan
1 hour ago, zebulonpyke said:

Madonna better step up her vocal game if she wants to collab w/ Gags

I wouldn’t be saying that when Gaga’s voice has been declining immensely the past two years. Also, Madonna’s tone, timbre, phrasing, and diction are much better than Gaga’s. Just because Gaga can growl high notes and hit super loud belts doesn’t mean she’s a better singer than Madonna. And don’t get me started on that goat vibrato. 🙄

LilyLark
42 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

I wouldn’t be saying that when Gaga’s voice has been declining immensely the past two years. Also, Madonna’s tone, timbre, phrasing, and diction are much better than Gaga’s. Just because Gaga can growl high notes and hit super loud belts doesn’t mean she’s a better singer than Madonna. And don’t get me started on that goat vibrato. 🙄

Delusional. She got raves for her voice at the Apollo show and her jazz vocals are even better—just because she's had a few missteps at Enigma (and I suspect those missteps wouldn't even have occurred if she didn't have to dance so much, but stans would pitch a fit if she dialed down the dancing) doesn't mean her vocals have declined immensely. I do think her voice was arguably at her strongest circa 2014-2017, but it's still very strong and if she quit smoking it'd probably go back. Madonna's a talented legend but no one has ever thought she was close to Gaga's vocals—I don't even think Madonna's biggest fans have claimed that as much as they like to call Gaga a knock off.

Anyway, I'd love to see Madonna and Gaga collaborate on a track.

Ladle Ghoulash
23 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

One of Gaga’s strengths is her technical ability to shift through a lot of different genres and styles. Madonna’s timbre, tone and phrasing have been amazing in the past, but from a technical perspective, she has never had the eclecticism or stamina Gaga has. Not to mention that the quality of Madonna’s intonation, breath support, and breadth of range has decreased drastically and she very clearly takes little to no care of her voice; taking all of that into consideration, saying that Gaga has declined drastically, especially by comparison to some of Madonna’s more recent live vocals, is disingenuous to say the least. Obviously I’m aware of the age difference and Gaga’s voice is definitely changing, but I have faith that she will be able to get her technique back in order once its settled. On the other hand, I’m excited to see how Madonna holds up on the Madame X tour because I want her to be great, but her performances this era haven’t been spectacular.

Archived