💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Let’s Dance & Just Dance

TheRealJT

Featured Posts

AJRocketMan
4 hours ago, Rio said:

Madonna? 😂😂😂 she spent the first half of the decade bullying Gaga and using Gaga for publicity,lets be real

No, Madonna has praised her as well. She went to a concert of hers in 2009 with her daughter and said she was great, and she called her a great songwriter in 2012 (while still calling BTW reductive) and at a New Jersey concert that same year she still said she loved her. It seemed more she was poking fun at her rather than truly bullying her instead.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sanne Godijn
27 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

No, Madonna has praised her as well. She went to a concert of hers in 2009 with her daughter and said she was great, and she called her a great songwriter in 2012 (while still calling BTW reductive) and at a New Jersey concert that same year she still said she loved her. It seemed more she was poking fun at her rather than truly bullying her instead.

So sueing gaga for alejandro was madonna poking fun at gaga right oh lets also not forget about a song called COPYCAT that madonna whrote witch i think was 100% sure about gaga

sillynate
14 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Dude, Express Yourself can be put in that category too. 

13 hours ago, derpmonster said:

Madonna hasn't been positive about any big female popstar that's come after her and you know that :ladyhaha:

Y’all chill :giveup: what’s true is that the only time Madonna has criticized Gaga was when she felt she ripped off one of her songs :giveup: other than that, she has never spoken bad about her. 

It seems you only see what your eyes want to see :giggle: :teehee::reductive:

LilyLark
2 hours ago, sillynate said:

Y’all chill :giveup: what’s true is that the only time Madonna has criticized Gaga was when she felt she ripped off one of her songs :giveup: other than that, she has never spoken bad about her. 

It seems you only see what your eyes want to see :giggle: :teehee::reductive:

Tin foil hat time, but Guy Osraey and Troy were good friends. I kind of think the Gaga/Madonna "feud" was cooked up by them and then got out of hand.

Edonis
9 hours ago, Sanne Godijn said:

So sueing gaga for alejandro was madonna poking fun at gaga right oh lets also not forget about a song called COPYCAT that madonna whrote witch i think was 100% sure about gaga

When did Madonna sue for Alejandro?

crybrowz
9 hours ago, Sanne Godijn said:

I don't think that happened tho :confused:

LilyLark

Meh, I've never really got the narrative that most of Gaga's icons have looked down on her. Yes, there were some people who were dismissive of her when she first came out: they couldn't see past the outfits and the tabloid love for her. But half of the people who were snarky had a history of being snarky towards many younger singers—and that is relevant because it doesn't mean they are singling Gaga out. Plus, there's a tradition of the older generation kind of looking down on the newer generation (Cher looked down on Madonna, for example).

Off the top of my head, here are some people who have shown some love towards Gaga: Metallica, The Rolling Stones, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Brian May, Tony Bennett, Cher, Celine Dion,  and Patti LaBelle. Every single one of those people are major icons in their own right. I also know some metal bands have shown her love.

Now, Prince, Bowie, Madonna, Grace Jones, and Boy George have all been a bit shady. But Prince, Boy George, and Grace Jones had/have a history of being shady in general—seriously, Grace has dragged nearly every single person in the music industry. Madonna and Gaga have a complicated relationship and Boy George is now complimentary of Gaga. And well, people, especially more established stars, are entitled to not like Gaga at the end of the day.

And the Bowie situation is complicated. He did write her a letter, but he also made that weirdly misogynistic comment about not wanting his (at the time young daughter) to listen to her. So while he's a musical genius, I'm not sure he was every entirely fair to Gaga anyways....and again even if he was being fair he was entitled to not like her music.

Sanne Godijn
5 hours ago, Edonis said:

When did Madonna sue for Alejandro?

I dont remember exactly 

Edonis
7 hours ago, Sanne Godijn said:

I dont remember exactly 

I don't think it happened, that's why :laughga:

Archived