💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Sweet But Psycho Turns 1 Year Old

Animal Claws

Featured Posts

Animal Claws

Ava Max's biggest hit Sweet But Psycho has just turned 1 year since its release on August 17, 2018.

When the song released, Ava was compared countless times by Lady Gaga, and the song was eventually called 'Poker Face 2.0'.  The song brings back the bubblegum pop that were common in the early 2010s

Worldwide reached number 2 position on United World Chart and and reached # 1 in the countries: Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Estonia, New Zealand, Austria, Belgium,Scotland, Switzerland, among many others. It reached #10 position on Billboard Hot 100.

HoneyB

Poker Face 2.0?

Were they listening to the right Poker Face? I don’t hear it

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897964750ec977ee957f3

Congrats to Ava though she really burst into the music scene, huh?:applause:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

calmar
4 minutes ago, Talenti said:

Poker Face 2.0?

Probably not in sound but in terms of a song of its genre having the popularity it did.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

PunkTheFunk

She did THAT! :giveup: And only that. Has she released any new music recently? I'm concerned about her career trajectory.

Animal Claws
6 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

She did THAT! :giveup: And only that. Has she released any new music recently? I'm concerned about her career trajectory.

Yes, she released Blood Sweat Tears and Freaking Me Out

She'll release a song called 'Torn' this Monday

JevyDuty

It was a forced #10 in the US... with strong support from radio but not streaming/sales. So yeah, it's been forgotten here and I haven't heard any of her follow up songs around. 

I wonder if she'll still be a thing on GGD a year from now:bradley:

Infinity Wave

Com'on apart from the Gaga comments, the song brought back REAL POP in radio when every song was practically base-less and mumbled. 

She won over male dominated charts with a perfect pop song, a real bop, and I admire her for that. 

Not like that Bi*** singer which just mumbles and such, no offense there, but at least Ava serves real sung bops(tm) :tony:

Colourful

Andreu
1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Shes releasing a new song in like two days thats the fourth she puts out this months. But I am concerned about her career as well

WHERE IS THE ALBUM

WE NEED THE DAMN ALBUM

OT: I am not a particularly big fan of Ava or this song but I feel like she can bring us decent things in the next years and its the most interesting new artist of this style

derpmonster
6 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

Com'on apart from the Gaga comments, the song brought back REAL POP in radio when every song was practically base-less and mumbled. 

Please. :laughga: She sounds like a Dua Lipa clone. Ava didn't do anything revolutionary that hasn't already existed in contemporary pop music (even if not the biggest sound currently).

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

KatherinePierce
2 hours ago, calmar said:

Probably not in sound but in terms of a song of its genre having the popularity it did.

Really? Poker face is waaay popular and succesful than Sweet but Psycho. It’s not even top5 hit.

KatherinePierce
17 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

She won over male dominated charts with a perfect pop song, a real bop, and I admire her for that. 

Not like that Bi*** singer which just mumbles and such, no offense there, but at least Ava serves real sung bops(tm) :tony:

She didnt won over male dominated charts. She just peak at #10. It’s not even top #5. Stop acting like she did the same thing gaga did 10 years ago

Guillaume Hamon
2 hours ago, Talenti said:

Poker Face 2.0?

I think it's the "ma ma ma" hook that brought comparisons. Except that it's not poker face-like at all.

The fact many people thought it was gaga when they saw the video's thumbnail surely made them think about gaga right away while listening to the song as well.

Archived