celeb

Mulan Actress Supports Hong Kong Police

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

Rudz Xinc
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Y'all are too naive and silly :lmao:

Do you think she really do this on her own will? :lmao:

She is most likely pressures by her government to do this. It's Mainland China after all  :lmao:

Maybe because of this. Mulan will not get banned in China :huntyga:

China is better market than HK :huntyga:

Look at those clowns

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
Just now, RudzXinc said:

Maybe because of this. Mulan will not get banned in China :huntyga:

China is better market than HK :huntyga:

Maybe that is it :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Serial Chiller

Ok wording it that way is stupid but the protesters have been doing pretty crazy **** over there. Like anarchical ****. As with all protests the causes are right but then you gotta have these opportunistic scums that just find an excuse to riot and break things. 

ltlmnstr

The Umbrella protestors have evolved. 

I support the protestors. America was built on protesting. The Boston Tea Party to the start of the American Revolution.  

RenegAde
1 hour ago, Reginald said:

Is it really "punishing" anyone by to decide not to go see a movie, especially one that's likely to make almost a billion dollars?  It's Disney, and the cast's, job to promote the movie to make people want to see it. 

If I directed a movie or produced or wrote or anticipated a movie  and I opened my Twitter and saw people boycotting it for something I know nothing about I'll be broken 

witchcocktor
48 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

Ok wording it that way is stupid but the protesters have been doing pretty crazy **** over there. Like anarchical ****. As with all protests the causes are right but then you gotta have these opportunistic scums that just find an excuse to riot and break things. 

Like what? What have the protesters done?  

YourCureness
2 hours ago, RudzXinc said:

People are entitled to their political opinion :triggered:

Of course she said that, she's Chinese. Also that "I support HK police" stuff started because the demonstrators blocking airport causing people to miss their flights and attacking civilians in the airport.

Yeah people of HK are doing this, disturbing people because they are fightung for their freedom and independence. Sorry for the inconvenience but lives are at stake there

Reality

Agree with @RAMROD

She was most likely told to say this. It doesn't really make sense because it's controversial, but in mainland China, it's probably not. China is the second biggest box office, and they (Disney) are not going to try and sabatoge that relatonship with them. I don't think it's the right thing; I support the protesters, but from a pure business sense I can somewhat understand what they're trying to do. That said, she didn't need to make "her opinion" known. It would've been better for her and her team if she stayed quiet. 

🖤👹

Ziggy
3 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I mean she is entitled to her wrong opinions but as a public figure and actress she at least must know when to stay quiet. She has a HUGE movie to promote that was made by a huge company that promotes peace and she’s out here making this  controversial statements. Let’s not even mention how she’s an american citizen that wants lower rights for her people.  :saladga:

Lol that huge company does not promote peace; they promote profit margins and China’s got a big one for them. Same reason the Ancient One in Dr Strange was not described as Tibetan and was Tilda Swinton. Disney wants the Chinese government to treat them well so they can get them Chinese dollars 

Ziggy
3 hours ago, JFK said:

She killed her career before it even started. What an dumba$$

Gal Gadot still vocally supports Israel and its policies all the time. Most people don’t actually care, she’ll probs be fine is she’s a good actress.

6 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Agree with @RAMROD

She was most likely told to say this. It doesn't really make sense because it's controversial, but in mainland China, it's probably not. China is the second biggest box office, and they (Disney) are not going to try and sabatoge that relatonship with them. I don't think it's the right thing; I support the protesters, but from a pure business sense I can somewhat understand what they're trying to do. That said, she didn't need to make "her opinion" known. It would've been better for her and her team if she stayed quiet. 

I agree with the pressured part. From what I’ve glanced at on reddit, it looks like a number of Chinese celebrities have made posts with similar texts and pictures, even one’s that’ve been silent on political issues before. 

Coverage of the protesters in Hong Kong have been extremely negative in China (duh) and, unlike in North America, the government in China is very involved in the lives of individuals. There’s a chance they’re “politely” asking their celebrities to show support for their actions in Hong Kong.

Or maybe they’re all genuine in their expression. After all, there’s been very biased coverage in the Chinese news and I’m sure quite a few people believe that Hong Kong doesn’t deserve special treatment. I’d say I hope we hear more about this, but I doubt that we will. 

“why should we punish everyone who worked on the movie” money talks, and Disney is literally a global phenomenon, they’re not going to suffer but they will see what consumers care about. Plus who wouldn’t have been paid already for their work on the movie? Working for free until it makes $1B then they’re paid?

Rudz Xinc

I don't fully understand it either. It's very complicated matter.

Taiwan and HK are part of China. But they have their own system. Seems like now China want to take over HK or something.

Cmiiw

Look at those clowns

DeleteMyAccount
3 hours ago, RudzXinc said:

People are entitled to their political opinion :triggered:

Of course she said that, she's Chinese. Also that "I support HK police" stuff started because the demonstrators blocking airport causing people to miss their flights and attacking civilians in the airport.

Or you know, just give them democracy and none of this would've happened.. And you're largely forgetting the atrocities that the police and non-police have done to their own citizens...

Reality
53 minutes ago, jylee said:

I agree with the pressured part. From what I’ve glanced at on reddit, it looks like a number of Chinese celebrities have made posts with similar texts and pictures, even one’s that’ve been silent on political issues before. 

Coverage of the protesters in Hong Kong have been extremely negative in China (duh) and, unlike in North America, the government in China is very involved in the lives of individuals. There’s a chance they’re “politely” asking their celebrities to show support for their actions in Hong Kong.

Or maybe they’re all genuine in their expression. After all, there’s been very biased coverage in the Chinese news and I’m sure quite a few people believe that Hong Kong doesn’t deserve special treatment. I’d say I hope we hear more about this, but I doubt that we will. 

Yeah, either way the Chinese government definitely is manipulating people into doing what they want. They either are coercing celebrities to show support, or their definite bias when it comes to reporting the protests are making celebrities thinkthat mainland China is in the right. While I ultimately don't support Mulan's actress for supporting the Hong Kong police, I also don't feel like I can 100% blame her for it. 

🖤👹

Archived