new music

Taylor Swift - Lover

DC

Featured Posts

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

It's ok, better than her first two singles, but nothing groundbreaking. Very cheesy if you like that kinda thing. Never been keen on the word "lover" and don't like the way she enunciates it. Very reminiscent of her old stuff but with more experience behind it now. I think the song it reminds me most of is Call It What You Want which is fitting considering it was on her last album. It basically is the same song but now the relationship is more developed. I like this one more. Looks like she could be in it for the long haul with Joe and that being the case, we'd better prepare for more love songs like this in the future. I notice that a lot of Taylor's fans have been blowing hot and cold on this release and Reputation. It's like they can't quite get used to a Taylor who's in love and writing almost nothing except lovey dovey songs, there's a part of them that wants the break up anthem Taylor back and the one who was subtely shady. Perhaps that's why her sales have been dipping of late? It's ironic that just as I started to come around to her music a bit more, that's when the public started falling out of love. We'll see where it all leads for sales. But I totally would've preferred if the promo singles had been the actual singles. Ok, they're not as commercial, but they're more mature and credible.

10 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Jesus Christ I’m already being harassed in another thread for simply stating I find this song boring. 

I gave MY opinion. 

It’s not as if I’m continually bashing the song or Taylor in this thread.

We all have the right to post our rational opinions on music here.

Pathetic. 

Welcome to my world. I've been experiencing that for the last few years. Normally by way of people saying some version of "if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say it." But isn't the whole point of a forum? To put forward your opinions and discuss? I think some people are under the impression now that forums are safe spaces where only positive opinion is allowed to be shared. The worst is when they start using the "Gaga would tell you to promote online kindness" reasoning. I thought online kindness was not being unnecessarily mean to people you talk to online. Apparently, it's now also defined as never speaking your honest opinion on a celebrity who, chances are, will never even read what you said.

7 hours ago, ProjectJoanne said:

It just sounds a lot like her style, take Gods & Monsters or Summertime Sadness for example  

As a fan of Lana from the start, I really don't see it. Wildest Dreams was the closest Taylor ever came to emulating her style. Lana swears in her songs, uses more explicit sexual lyrics, can be controversial at times, her music is more poetic, cryptic and the melody is very lush and rich. That's nothing like Taylor's music and is precisely why Taylor never appealed to me. Suffice to say I've never heard Lana release a song about a lover that's this innocent and cute, there is nearly always a dark sense of foreboding somewhere.

Lucas

So good and so romantic, I love how every song she released so far sound nothing like each other.
For me so far, The Archer = Lover > Me! > YNTCD

Versace
46 minutes ago, Wifey said:

Interesting that the person you quoted said that when they are the one that went there about my husband. Toxic.

Lol and you said you won't feed into it. Cute that you’re still mad. People like you think it's okay to be rude to everyone and once you get one mean spirited comment from someone, you can't get over it and are dragging it since yesterday into another thread. Please stop exaggerating, I just said I felt sorry for your husband as in sorry he has to put up with your meanness after you intensely dragged me and kept telling me how you and your husband are app creators, insinuating that i'm nothing. You’re the one who dragged your husband into it, not me. If you want an apology to stop dragging this, then I'm sorry your feelings got hurt but let's not act like you're a saint. Hypocrisy isn’t nice. 

moonboywow
14 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Majority of her career has been this sound I-

sorry you find it boring, not every artist chooses to make such riveting songs like Donatella or Jewels N Drugs I guess

It's like the second someone makes a song like shake it off or something, fans expect the artist to make that kind of music for the rest of their career. When that's just not gonna happen. Songwriters and artists always branch out and make cool new things. So the song doesn't explode into a climax. Do you want it to? Edit it or something. Or go listen to something that does. Not every song is gonna be a club banger or whatever. This song is chill. It reminds me of something you would slow dance to your lover with while celebrating an anniversary. How can you not like that? 

7 hours ago, Ryusei said:

Just saying but taylor has been making this kind of music since before lana was even in the mainstream. This is giving me more Dear john or last kiss or the best day than lana... especially the songs you named.. no

Weird, cause I hear it :laughga:

13 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

As a fan of Lana from the start, I really don't see it. Wildest Dreams was the closest Taylor ever came to emulating her style. Lana swears in her songs, uses more explicit sexual lyrics, can be controversial at times, her music is more poetic, cryptic and the melody is very lush and rich. That's nothing like Taylor's music and is precisely why Taylor never appealed to me. Suffice to say I've never heard Lana release a song about a lover that's this innocent and cute, there is nearly always a dark sense of foreboding somewhere.

No not the writing, the way it sounds :laughga:

SharkmanthaC

This is going to be one of my favorites from the album. It will be a wedding song I’m sure. 

she/her/hers

2 hours ago, MonSwiftAnton said:

It's the second best of this era so far. :heart:

Right after Me! :huntyga:

Spoiler

But like legit that’s how I would arrange these at least :laughga:

MonSwiftAnton
14 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Right after YNTCD :huntyga:

Hide contents

But like legit that’s how I would arrange these at least :laughga:

Fixed it! :kiss:

3 minutes ago, MonSwiftAnton said:

Fixed it! :kiss:

Sir, you need to Me!

Spoiler

... I mean a I guess that could need a little rearranging :laughga:

StrawberryBlond
35 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

No not the writing, the way it sounds :laughga:

Even then, this just sounds like a standard acoustic guitar beat. Lana's more about dramatic strings and massively atmospheric beats. I think if Taylor was inspired by anything, it was on her own recent song, Call It What You Want. This is basically the same song, only the relationship is not as new and she's more settled and assured without the doubt in the back of her mind.

Archived