Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Investor Nicole Quinn talks about Gaga and Haus Labs

HitTheBoat

Featured Posts

HitTheBoat

"Why I Invested in Lady Gaga’s Haus Laboratories" 

Here, investor Nicole Quinn shares how Haus  got started, what it's like working with Lady Gaga, and her advice for women looking for investment in their own companies.

MC: What surprised you about working with Lady Gaga?

NQ: I always knew that she was a star and an artist. What totally surprised me was the business acumen that she has. She’s fiercely intelligent. At the beginning, she was like, “Okay, this is the first time I've seen a P&L [the profit and loss statement, a financial document that tracks revenue and costs].” Within two board meetings, she was like, “Okay, can we discuss this point on the P&L?” If she sets her mind to something like understanding the finances, she does it. 

I love the way she did the video. Usually, when she does a music video, she’ll be working with a big budget. This was a small fraction of [the amount] she would usually have. She said, “I'm gonna make this work.” Towards the end of filming, her manager says, “Hey, we're over time.” She gets the last bit and then says, “Everybody leave. We can't go over budgets. I'll pack up.” She has that scrappy founder mentality.

Read the rest of the interview here: https://www.marieclaire.com/career-advice/a28701270/lady-gaga-haus-laboratories-lightspeed-ventures-nicole-quinn/

Amen Fashion

I really don’t understand what’s behind that startup mentality when you are worth around 300 million dollars. Like I really would love to see Gaga talk about it. She could have said: ok, I’m investing 1 million. Because I don’t think that they are going for 10 million budget. You can compare this to YouTubers like simplynailogical. She just released her own nail polish brand. Without investors. :firega: Maybe she really wanted to start it like a „normal“ company/person.

"everybody leave. we can't go over budgets" queen of saving her money for LG6 promo and deals :diane:

5 minutes ago, Amen Fashion said:

Maybe she really wanted to start it like a „normal“ company/person.

That's what I'm getting, yeah. A lot of the rhetoric surrounding this is very much that they wanted to start this from the ground up, with genuine investors and a working, organic team.

3 points in and ready for more

FATCAT
8 minutes ago, Amen Fashion said:

I really don’t understand what’s behind that startup mentality when you are worth around 300 million dollars. Like I really would love to see Gaga talk about it. She could have said: ok, I’m investing 1 million. Because I don’t think that they are going for 10 million budget. You can compare this to YouTubers like simplynailogical. She just released her own nail polish brand. Without investors. :firega: Maybe she really wanted to start it like a „normal“ company/person.

Because she went Bankrupt during the Monster Ball without that attitude haha

Purr more, hiss less.

David Ward
21 minutes ago, HitTheBoat said:

NQ: I always knew that she was a star and an artist. What totally surprised me was the business acumen that she has. She’s fiercely intelligent. At the beginning, she was like, “Okay, this is the first time I've seen a P&L [the profit and loss statement, a financial document that tracks revenue and costs].” Within two board meetings, she was like, “Okay, can we discuss this point on the P&L?” If she sets her mind to something like understanding the finances, she does it. 

And other members were saying Gaga has brain damage from the drugs she uses cuz she doesn't recognize every celebrity. :toofunny:

Schizophonic
9 minutes ago, Amen Fashion said:

when it first heard she does a make up brand and its called "haus" i thought she might uses this as a source of money for her other projects. like she finances videos and props and paychecks for hausmembers for her gaga shows with the income of the makeup line.

myluis617
4 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

when it first heard she does a make up brand and its called "haus" i thought she might uses this as a source of money for her other projects. like she finances videos and props and paychecks for hausmembers for her gaga shows with the income of the makeup line.

That sounds like a logical reason.

CannaeDrive

Fiercely Intelligent Queen :bradley:

She is also a savvy business woman, she wants this to succeed.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

JazzGa

Is that the Gamergate Nicole Quinn? No wait that was Zoe Quinn.

I like reading that she respects other people's time and budgets and didn't expect everyone to work for ??? money even though she totally could have pitched a diva fit and demanded everyone stay overtime

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Archived