Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What are your thoughts on Teletubbies?

gagaschickens

Featured Posts

Reginald
52 minutes ago, Bio said:

I was too old to watch it back then but I sometimes watched it anyway :huntyga:

Same lol it was a very calm and easygoing show, compared to the hyperactive cartoons / commercials that were on cable during the original run. I used to be a huge PBS fan 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOP2

omg I love this show :heart: Po is my favorite and I've always wanted to have the food they had, it looked so yummy! 

gagaschickens
9 minutes ago, ARTPOP2 said:

omg I love this show :heart: Po is my favorite and I've always wanted to have the food they had, it looked so yummy! 

Did you use to or still do?

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

AJRocketMan

I remember it being really trippy as a little boy. I also remember the pink custard and being obsessed with go-gurt and trim yogurt as a result. 🙃

DonatellaPop
31 minutes ago, lifeasgeorge said:

My fave was tinky winky when I was a toddler and I’m pretty sure that’s why I’m gay now :ladyhaha:

my dumb4ss brain read it as 'ki*ky twinky'

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

almost forgot, but worth remembering for the sake of since we’re reminiscing; tinky winky was a low-key legit pop culture vanguard in the late-nineties …

https://slate.com/technology/2017/12/jerry-falwell-and-tinky-winky-the-gay-teletubby.html

Jerry Falwell made his living finding gay people where they didn’t belong. … So when Falwell claimed in 1999 to have discovered that one of the Teletubbies was gay, it seemed like yet another example of his proprietary blend of viciousness and absurdity. … But Falwell saw something off about Tinky Winky, the largest pal in Teletubbyland. “He is purple—the gay pride color, and his antenna is shaped like a triangle—the gay pride symbol,” Falwell wrote in an issue of his own magazine. The character had a boy’s voice, he continued, but he often carried a red purse—ahem. … The accusation blew up immediately, a perfect artifact of neo-Puritan insanity landing just as President Clinton was being acquitted of impeachment charges by the Senate. “If you thought the sex police were at their most vindictive in the Clinton-Lewinsky affair, you haven’t heard about the Rev. Jerry Falwell’s attack on Tinky Winky,” one typical editorial began.

Falwell was wrong about Tinky Winky’s supposed harm to children. But he wasn’t wrong that children’s television—and culture in general—was becoming much more comfortable with queerness. … Today, the backlash that is taken seriously by most culture producers comes not from dinosaurs like Falwell but from the LGBTQ community demanding richer representation. Tinky Winky would be right at home.

Additionally …

46dy8k6ezsvz.jpg

• 3 months later...
DonatellaPop
On 8/15/2019 at 10:01 PM, DonatellaPop11 said:

they scare me.

@gagaschickens Please unsad me, that was before I found the light that The Teletubbies are and they rescued my unholy soul

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

gagaschickens
On 11/17/2019 at 8:09 PM, DonatellaPop11 said:

@gagaschickens Please unsad me, that was before I found the light that The Teletubbies are and they rescued my unholy soul

no, u deserve it. you get a yass on this post though, cause now you stan

hand hold hands GIF

edengowon

didn't mean to comment

the artist formerly known as melancholia

• 1 month later...
gagaschickens
On 11/25/2019 at 3:46 PM, Autumn said:

didn't mean to comment

Too bad lol

Daylight Jokers

I used to watch them when I was a toddler. Around 1998 - 2001, I think. I don't remember anything about it now aside from the sun baby and Laa-Laa being my favorite (I actually had a Laa-Laa doll back then).

Archived