Stefani Tee
new music

Taylor Swift - LOVER (out now!)

Featured Posts

alextruper17

Say my name and everything just stops...

I don't want you like a best friend

Illuminati
1 minute ago, alextruper17 said:

Say my name and everything just stops...

I don't want you like a best friend

wrong album

• LMAO 1

Spock

80 on Metacritic!!

The way she's winning and her haters keep loosing WHEW I can't stand it

tumblr_pwmydfCt5v1s8ev4jo3_400.gif

who will love me when the night is over
  • YAAAS 3

JohnnyVersace
2 hours ago, Spock said:

I'm sorry but I'm not going to do the work for you lol

So then you can't refute that her first donation to an LGBTQ organization was in April 2019....even though you said otherwise before?

1 hour ago, NCgaga said:

It might be a little bit too late for you, but not for everyone else. 

BOTTOM LINE: she is a pop star, not a politician. She has fans because she is an excellent pop star who is good at writing pop songs. She is a white girl. And?  Calling her “pumpkin spice” is like saying BEyonce only represents “collard green” black girls. Why are you allowed to be able to say generalizing comments like that? 

There are millions of girls that have grown up exactly like her. So of course she speaks to them. That doesn’t mean, that YOU can’t allow her to step out of her comfort zones and make GOOD statements about women, women voters, the gays etc. YOU don’t have the right to discount when she chooses to be vocal. But I SWEAR- people like you would still have a problem  if she never spoke out for a person who has been marginalized, like most pop stars. 

It is not a pop star’s job to be political. That is a right that they have. But they certainly don’t have to be political. So who are you to judge her? She has still proven she is an ally for LGBT and has given a big voice to women. It’s been almost 3 years ago that she made a public statement for her fellow residents of Tennesee to not vote for a certain politician due to his stances on the LGBT. 

So if you hold Taylor, to this unusually big standard of political “wokeness” then you need to do it to every other pop star. Otherwise you’re just a hypocrite. 

Actually, referring to Beyonce as "collard green" opens up a huge can of worms, and reinforces the racial stereotypes that black people have faced, and been oppressed by, and killed for, for centuries. Let alone it's ****ing racist lol. If you think you can equate that to "pumpkin spice", then you don't understand race relations or the implications of reinforcing those stereotypes. 

I have not said she's not making positive statements, or shining light on issues. She is, that's clear. I think it IS problematic that she's suddenly more active and vocal. It somewhat conflicts with the years of silence, especially with her involvement in the country/right wing community. Clearly it's possible to distance yourself from those traditional ideals, i.e. Kacey Mugraves. 

And honestly, as a gay person, I DO have the right to discount her if I feel she's not a genuine ally who's stuck up for MY cause and rights, and remained silent. Gay people, drag queens, Queer Eye, etc. are all very mainstream now, and it's an EASY time to be an advocate. I'd trust and have more faith in her if she was vocal in a time when Gaga, Katy Perry, Madonna, Britney, hell tons of others, were. It's incredibly problematic to me that she has just now been explicitly clear on her beliefs and what she supports when she could have years ago. I hold her to this standard because she has INSERTED herself into the community, performed at Stonewall, used LGBTQ figures for promotion, and painted herself as an advocate in 2019 when her history reflects nothing of the sort. The gay angle was just that, an angle to sell more records and appeal to another audience. Sorry, but that's true. 

ANYWAY. I don't want to go in circles about this. But to me, Taylor is problematic in her silence, and always has been. Using gay imagery and figures when her entire career has NEVER reflected that community feels like a cash grab. I enjoy the album, and the music, but her message is contradictory. 

• LMAO 3
  • Thanks 3

GovernmentWarrior

The album is great absolutely the best album this year so far 

Monster 🎶 Navy 🎶 Animal
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2

robbiemalik

Really digging Lover. Taylor had so many potential singles that are amazing, I hope future albums she doesn’t pick the weakest songs:saladga:

• Love 1

Andree
20 hours ago, Bio said:

The Man: a song about an extremely privileged woman complaining about the only privilege she doesn't have :ally:

stop being obsessed with taylor :saladga: you look so pressed

I'm glad everyone DRAGGED you. 

the man is really good song and she's talking about her experience as woman in the music industry, other male singers have more privilege than her. 

Edited by Andree
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Andree

her haters are something else:bradley:  the worst past is that they're only getting like 4 likes per post, I'm glad I'm not like that anymore(or at least I try not to be) being a negative and a hateful person is the worst. 

Lover is her best album!! I  think he knows is amazing

• Thanks 1

Widows Kiss

@JohnnyVersace you do realize that donations and advocation from Taylor Swift are, in fact, helping the LGBT community - regardless whether her intentions are genuine or not, right? Genuine or not, she's still supporting us and calling her out for it because she didn't do so earlier sounds straight up privileged.

• LMAO 1

LordEnigma
1 hour ago, slayo said:

i'll say it... Lover is her worst album

It's my favorite of hers :ladyhaha:

And I'm not her biggest fan ever

• Like 2

NCgaga
2 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

So then you can't refute that her first donation to an LGBTQ organization was in April 2019....even though you said otherwise before?

Actually, referring to Beyonce as "collard green" opens up a huge can of worms, and reinforces the racial stereotypes that black people have faced, and been oppressed by, and killed for, for centuries. Let alone it's ****ing racist lol. If you think you can equate that to "pumpkin spice", then you don't understand race relations or the implications of reinforcing those stereotypes. 

I have not said she's not making positive statements, or shining light on issues. She is, that's clear. I think it IS problematic that she's suddenly more active and vocal. It somewhat conflicts with the years of silence, especially with her involvement in the country/right wing community. Clearly it's possible to distance yourself from those traditional ideals, i.e. Kacey Mugraves. 

And honestly, as a gay person, I DO have the right to discount her if I feel she's not a genuine ally who's stuck up for MY cause and rights, and remained silent. Gay people, drag queens, Queer Eye, etc. are all very mainstream now, and it's an EASY time to be an advocate. I'd trust and have more faith in her if she was vocal in a time when Gaga, Katy Perry, Madonna, Britney, hell tons of others, were. It's incredibly problematic to me that she has just now been explicitly clear on her beliefs and what she supports when she could have years ago. I hold her to this standard because she has INSERTED herself into the community, performed at Stonewall, used LGBTQ figures for promotion, and painted herself as an advocate in 2019 when her history reflects nothing of the sort. The gay angle was just that, an angle to sell more records and appeal to another audience. Sorry, but that's true. 

ANYWAY. I don't want to go in circles about this. But to me, Taylor is problematic in her silence, and always has been. Using gay imagery and figures when her entire career has NEVER reflected that community feels like a cash grab. I enjoy the album, and the music, but her message is contradictory. 

Again, you are going in circles about this, but just making yourself look like a hater. You hold her to a different standard- probably since you only see her as a “pumpkin spice white girl” - and say nothing about other pop stars who are still silent. Again; you actually haven’t done your homework. Taylor began speaking out almost 4 years ago during a state election in Tennessee.  It’s only been two years for Beyoncé who began speaking out with the Lemonade Album. Beyoncr still remains silent about the LGBT. Rihanna, Adele, and many others still chose to stay quiet politically for the most part- and they can, because that’s what they chose to do. It’s their right. 

You can take your obvious, hypocritical, pointed outrage elsewhere, hater. 

• Thanks 1