Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga gains nothing by doing dance pop.

witchcocktor

Featured Posts

witchcocktor

She won't get streams, she won't get acclaim, she won't get awards, she won't get a hit, and I doubt her heart would be fully in it for another era of dance pop where she'll do some awkward choreography and yell '' PUT YOUR ****ING HANDS UP, SING IT, CMON! '' constantly on the stage. 

The only people who need '' bAsIc DaNcE pOp BoPs!!1111 '' are some select fans who can't let go of the early 2010s. 

Look, I'm not saying that if Gaga releases a pop album it's going to suck, on the contrary I'm sure it's going to be amazing, because Gaga is just that talented but geez, Gaga doesn't need pop music, only some of her fans do, LET'S BE REAL. The only way she is going to prosper in specifically in the dancey pop category is if she is able to COMPLETELY reinvent the entire industry as she did when she debuted, and asking that of Gaga is just too much. She already did her thing, she already revamped the scene, and her influence can be felt to this day. That is enough, is it not? 

There's a generational shift happening in popular music. A lot of us who were teenagers and grew up listening to Gaga, we are in our mid twenties now, and the new popular names in popular music are being aimed at a completely new generation of music listeners, teenagers of today. Gaga cannot compete with those new names, and Gaga definitely shouldn't do what they do, release similar music and/or try to appeal to that generation. Because in the end, she is not going to be relateable or interesting to that generation, so trying is moot.

If you want dance '' bops '' because you just happen to like that genre the most, I can understand that, I hear you. But don't ever think that she is going to blow up by doing straight up pop music. Because that is just SILLY! She is not that girl anymore.

But regardless, if Gaga wants to do dancey pops for the gay clubs, she will do just that. And I will love it because anything Gaga does, I'm here for it. But she doesn't need pop music, and pop music definitely won't revitalize her music career to where she was in her prime. I mean, she did repeak with ASIB, so what does that say about what kind of music would probably go down the best with the general public.

I'll end this probably blasphemous post with a few excellent performances, none of them being dance pop. And you tell me, straight into my face, that this isn't the kind of music Gaga should release for the rest of her damn life

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
witchcocktor
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

May I remind you that dance pop is what birthed Gaga's career 

tenor.gif?itemid=11144000

And she completely dominated the entire world for years because she brought in something new, exciting and she marketed herself well. But did ARTPOP smash? Did the dancey tracks on Joanne go viral? Did The Cure become a hit? Did the pop songs in ASIB get several awards? 

Still love all her music but I don't see your point. She is not indebted to dance pop because that's how her career started dude. Come on now.

duckworth

but is it really wrong to ask for even just one dance song tho? you know, just to reward her thirsty die hard fans longing for a dance song?

StarstruckIllusion

Wbk if she wants to chase money she’ll release an album full of Shallows. Luckily I’ve matured enough to realize that if I want a certain genre, other artists are here to deliver. Life is so bad when you put one artist at the center of your music universe (that’s if you actually care about the actual music to begin with)

6 minutes ago, witchcocktor said:

She won't get streams, she won't get acclaim, she won't get awards, she won't get a hit

This is a new type of delusion lol

Not to mention @xoxo Craig delusion too :trollga:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

AndiGaga

"Dance pop" can be anything

She will be able to create innovative bops, bookmark me

And yes i admit it, i miss the 2009-2013 GAGA, i love the crazyness and "i dont give a fck*- attitude

At this point, it has to be a combination of that and ClassyGaga and she will find her way

witchcocktor
Just now, Enzo said:

This is a new type of delusion lol

Not to mention @xoxo Craig delusion too :trollga:

You can call me out during 2021 grammies and when her dancey pop song goes number one, and her album gets past 80 in metacritic! 

Phoebe Buffay

well good luck to her losing her stans and making music for white supremacists and soccer moms. that makes everything she did and said from 2008-15 a total lie. abandoning your artistry just to appeal to the masses is something 2010 gaga wouldn't do.

TheRealJT
6 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

May I remind you that dance pop is what birthed Gaga's career 

tenor.gif?itemid=11144000

Just because that’s where you start, doesn’t mean that’s where you stay. 

I agree that Gaga doesn't need to make dance music to be successful since she's such a versatile artist. However if she did choose to make dance music again, to say she won't get streams/awards/acclaim is wrong. Maybe it won't be on the same level as success as The Fame/Monster or ASIB but she'll still do relatively well because she's Gaga.

Yes record sales and hits matter to a certain extent for a popular artist but the most important thing is what an artist brings to the table that isn't the norm. Gaga is a prime example of this and she's certainly shown us over the years that she has countless tricks up her sleeve than we'd ever thought. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

xoxo Craig

Not everything she makes has to be serious. I love her work with ASIB and Joanne. Her vocals since The Fame have improved tenfold. 

The thing with Gaga, she  doesn't do "basic dance pop" because it has a message and a story behind it. You branding all pop stars together is exactly the stigma Gaga had to break. She is not a Britney or a Selena Gomez who dont talk about much. "Judas" speaks about love, but uses metaphors to convey that message. Its the perfect blend of Gaga into a pop song. Bloody Mary too... its components are complex and no other pop star can do it but Gaga.

"Dance pop" does not always have to be bland, and what Gaga does in that genre makes it Gaga. 

And why are you putting Gaga in a box?  :smh:  Gaga is a multi-genre Queen and is good at many genres, and also blending them together. If you dont like what Gaga has to say in 2019 because  she is making dance music, go stan some other person

End Racism Now

dynamite
12 minutes ago, witchcocktor said:

And she completely dominated the entire world for years because she brought in something new, exciting and she marketed herself well. But did ARTPOP smash? Did the dancey tracks on Joanne go viral? Did The Cure become a hit? Did the pop songs in ASIB get several awards? 

Still love all her music but I don't see your point. She is not indebted to dance pop because that's how her career started dude. Come on now.

ARTPOP was one experimental album that didn't smash quite as hard but wasn't a failure, there was barely any dancy tracks on Joanne and why must album tracks go viral? And The Cure was a standalone single performed once on TV... Last time I checked it has 100 million + streams, not bad for a random release.

None of this is comparable to her former pop works and isn't evidence that a future pop album would fail...  At all.

Perfect Delusion at its finest.

FfFfFfFF

Dance-pop does get sales and acclaim. To think otherwise or that pop is a somehow inferior genre is a dated concept that I honestly didn't expect to find on a Lady Gaga forum. :saladga:

Archived