DECEASED THE HOUSE

PERIOD

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RenegAde
8 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

I am totally HERE for a piano-only album!

Gaga is always at her best when doing those acoustic gigs.

:giveup:

2013 vma, 2009 vma ,etc  says otherwise, she just did 2 piano based albums back to back , I need a little performance art

witchcocktor
1 minute ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Ugh we stan a rational person who understands people just like certain genres 🤤 People who like whatever music Gaga does vs. who like a certain type of music are fundamentally opposite people, with no side being better. 

And no it’s not the kind of music she should make for the rest of her life bc it’s just once genre that’ll get tired too. if we really really spill, she’s been doing ASIB’s rock ballad genre since at least Brown Eyes, and hasn’t radically done sumn different since Born This Way by incorporating heavy metal elements into her dance pop.

Gaga is an undisputed icon regardless. She can do wherever she wants and thankfully has nothing to prove 😋😋

Also I stan this well written post omg. The high mark in English class jumped out 😳😳

Gaga is a legend, and no matter what she releases, I'm sure it's going to be candy for the ears. Because that's just what talented people are prone to do! If it's dance pop then it's dance pop, I'm going to enjoy it, but I'm not necessarily going to think that she is at her best doing that genre. I wholeheartedly think that her soul is in.. well, soul, jazz and rock. And I think that is where she shines, that is where her true talents are, and that is the playing field where everyone else who is not a stan or a fan will go yeah, that's a freaking talented legend alright. 

It definitely is a shame that several '' die hard '' fans are only here for Gaga if she delivers some sort of music. That's not my thing, but you can't also force others to enjoy artists growth to new pastures. Sometimes it's just better to let go. Thankfully, I don't need to!

StarstruckIllusion
15 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Dance-pop does get sales and acclaim. To think otherwise or that pop is a somehow inferior genre is a dated concept that I honestly didn't expect to find on a Lady Gaga forum. :saladga:

You must be new teehee 🤭 

This has been going on ever since Gaga strayed from the popular format she created w The Fame in 2011 when Gaga discovered her Heavy Metal Love. Joanne was way worse lmao pls the forum had a civil war. 

xoxo Craig
28 minutes ago, witchcocktor said:

She won't get streams, she won't get acclaim, she won't get awards, she won't get a hit, and I doubt her heart would be fully in it for another era of dance pop where she'll do some awkward choreography and yell '' PUT YOUR ****ING HANDS UP, SING IT, CMON! '' constantly on the stage. 

The only people who need '' bAsIc DaNcE pOp BoPs!!1111 '' are some select fans who can't let go of the early 2010s. 

Look, I'm not saying that if Gaga releases a pop album it's going to suck, on the contrary I'm sure it's going to be amazing, because Gaga is just that talented but geez, Gaga doesn't need pop music, only some of her fans do, LET'S BE REAL. The only way she is going to prosper in specifically in the dancey pop category is if she is able to COMPLETELY reinvent the entire industry as she did when she debuted, and asking that of Gaga is just too much. She already did her thing, she already revamped the scene, and her influence can be felt to this day. That is enough, is it not? 

There's a generational shift happening in popular music. A lot of us who were teenagers and grew up listening to Gaga, we are in our mid twenties now, and the new popular names in popular music are being aimed at a completely new generation of music listeners, teenagers of today. Gaga cannot compete with those new names, and Gaga definitely shouldn't do what they do, release similar music and/or try to appeal to that generation. Because in the end, she is not going to be relateable or interesting to that generation, so trying is moot.

If you want dance '' bops '' because you just happen to like that genre the most, I can understand that, I hear you. But don't ever think that she is going to blow up by doing straight up pop music. Because that is just SILLY! She is not that girl anymore.

But regardless, if Gaga wants to do dancey pops for the gay clubs, she will do just that. And I will love it because anything Gaga does, I'm here for it. But she doesn't need pop music, and pop music definitely won't revitalize her music career to where she was in her prime. I mean, she did repeak with ASIB, so what does that say about what kind of music would probably go down the best with the general public.

I'll end this probably blasphemous post with a few excellent performances, none of them being dance pop. And you tell me, straight into my face, that this isn't the kind of music Gaga should release for the rest of her damn life

She has never ever done this in her entire career

End Racism Now

skedaddleBItCh

To say that only some fans are wanting dance-pop from Gaga is just... wrong. Majority of her fans of Gaga came from her Dance-pop eras which is basically before Cheek to Cheek, Joanne, and ASIB. I'm pretty sure even those who love CTC, Joanne, and ASIB are also longing to listen and dance with Gaga's music.

Also, Dance-pop doesn't necessarily mean it'll sound basic... or fail, in terms of charts and acclaim, especially in an era we're living on right now. Generalizing the future of Pop with a defeat is quite a presumption. Remember that change can happen anytime.

Pop music can be anything. To imply it as shabby is purely subjective.

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

davflz

she has everything to gain from making dance pop.

ASIB and Joanne showed the gp that she is a true shapeshifter, that she's incredibly talented and a musical chameleon. With that being said, people have seen that now. Releasing another ASIB- esque album now would just be reductive and sad. Ever since the Met Gala people have been waiting for "CrazyGa" to make her comeback, to reinvent pop music once again. This is her second peak and you want her to waste this incredible moment by being safe? :air: Also just because it's "dance pop" doesn't mean it can't be new or imaginative. With people like SOPHIE working on the album I really think she could once again reinvent pop. 

McYves
15 minutes ago, witchcocktor said:

Oh yes, the ORIGINAL MONSTERS who are ready to drop her ass and call her all the nasty things in the WORLD if she doesn't deliver exactly what they want. Love those original monsters.

I mean, what?  :laughga: Fans can like her decisions or not and share their opinions or feelings (even if negative) about her art -and every other thing or subject in the world tbh-, she's a public figure.

I'm not even saying I WANT a dance pop record, I'm just saying that if she does that, she's gonna please all the Fame/Monster/ARTPOP fans. Chill, my dear. :ladyhaha:

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

Edonis

Some of this fan base loves to act like she didn't have a career before Joanne... :bradley:

I have to laugh several times at the pretentiousness so many members have because they think they've finally nailed LG's artistry into, yet again, another box. All due to chart successes and awards...like she didn't have them before :bradley:

The most disheartening part of it all is that a lot of the arguments for her abandoning one genre or another is the exact reason why she wanted to debut with dance-pop :bradley:

Snobbish attitudes and ignorant opinions about pop music being brainless and dead...yikes :bradley: 

LittleMonster20

Gaga will gain at least hundreds of millions of streams, many Awards, tour gross and that stuff regardless of what genre she does. That’s the thing with Gaga. Her versatility.

Edonis

And y'all act like the GP can't leave her again like during ARTPOP...:bradley:

A true yikes moment :bradley:

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, witchcocktor said:

Gaga is a legend, and no matter what she releases, I'm sure it's going to be candy for the ears. Because that's just what talented people are prone to do! If it's dance pop then it's dance pop, I'm going to enjoy it, but I'm not necessarily going to think that she is at her best doing that genre. I wholeheartedly think that her soul is in.. well, soul, jazz and rock. And I think that is where she shines, that is where her true talents are, and that is the playing field where everyone else who is not a stan or a fan will go yeah, that's a freaking talented legend alright. 

It definitely is a shame that several '' die hard '' fans are only here for Gaga if she delivers some sort of music. That's not my thing, but you can't also force others to enjoy artists growth to new pastures. Sometimes it's just better to let go. Thankfully, I don't need to!

I'm here for everything she does. I loved Joanne so much. But you are putting her in a box by saying that she should only do one type of music. The fact that Gaga is making house/techno music for LG6 which she hasnt gone all the way with yet, is putting you off. Clearly. 

If you were a true fan, you wouldn't be out here pegging her as one thing or another. If Gaga wants to do dance, she is entitled to do so. If she wanted to make a thrash metal record, she can. Stop saying what she should or shouldn't do incase "she doesnt get the accolades" because thats not what Gaga is about. 

Dance/pop music does get alot of acclaim, awards, streams and everything inbetween.

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, davflz said:

she has everything to gain from making dance pop.

ASIB and Joanne showed the gp that she is a true shapeshifter, that she's incredibly talented and a musical chameleon. With that being said, people have seen that now. Releasing another ASIB- esque album now would just be reductive and sad. Ever since the Met Gala people have been waiting for "CrazyGa" to make her comeback, to reinvent pop music once again. This is her second peak and you want her to waste this incredible moment by being safe? :air: Also just because it's "dance pop" doesn't mean it can't be new or imaginative. With people like SOPHIE working on the album I really think she could once again reinvent pop. 

THANK YOU :tony:

End Racism Now

WitnessEye

What you've wrote is so sad. It just shows that you only care about the damn charts and GP allowance. Joanne was okay. ASIB was okay. Her pop albums defined 2010's pop. Pop is dead nowadays. So what? Do you want her to sing boring ballads for the rest of her career or to do trash "pop" music od nowadays like Ava Max and Dua Lipa songs? You may won't agree with me, but Lady Gaga's talent, persona and her true image are completely shown all in once when she is doing pop. When she's doing jazz, okay, she can sing. When she's doing country, okay, she can play and sing. When she's doing pop, she is LADY GAGA.

Archived