Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga gains nothing by doing dance pop.

witchcocktor

Featured Posts

Lemondeduerl

Some people are so pretentious...Of course I would like a rock album or even another Jazz one. But what's wrong with making dance pop music?And who cares about Grammys or Billboard as long as  the songs are bops. I love to dance with Gaga's music so I can't wait for this album. We always have at least one ballad for each album anyways. Brown Eyes, Speechless, You & I, Dope...

:)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon
7 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Just because that’s where you start, doesn’t mean that’s where you stay. 

This. As we've seen, Gaga is capable of covering many genres successfully. Whether that translates into radio hits is not something she can really control, nor am I interested in hearing something from her that is calculated specifically to be a radio hit. 

xoxo Craig
Just now, rumours said:

And thank god she’s moved on! Have you heard The Fame?

flavor of love wtf GIF

Have you heard Red + Blue?

tenor.gif?itemid=11144000

End Racism Now

geopang

Who gives a f**k about sales and charts? I want good music that isn’t basic and isn’t catered to the radio and GP

xoxo Craig
59 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

This. As we've seen, Gaga is capable of covering many genres successfully. Whether that translates into radio hits is not something she can really control, nor am I interested in hearing something from her that is calculated specifically to be a radio hit. 

Exactly... but the OP trashing Dance Pop is also trashing Gagas early career

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
Just now, geopang said:

Who gives a f**k about sales and charts? I want good music that isn’t basic and isn’t catered to the radio and GP

The OP does

End Racism Now

rumours
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

Have you heard Red + Blue?

Yes, it’s purple. Have you heard of colors?

StarstruckIllusion
11 minutes ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

well good luck to her losing her stans and making music for white supremacists and soccer moms. that makes everything she did and said from 2008-15 a total lie. abandoning your artistry just to appeal to the masses is something 2010 gaga wouldn't do.

BITCH EXCUSE ME SMSKSKSKSKSMSKSKSKSKSKSKSKSN

Illuminati

She climbed out of one box only to be put in another.

I think she will continue chasing her muse regardless of what sound is the most marketable right now and at the moment it just does not seem like she's in the same mindset as she was when she was making Joanne. You can make a dancy record and still have acclaim and depth, one of the most recent examples being Late Night Feelings.

xoxo Craig
Just now, rumours said:

Yes, it’s purple. Have you heard of colors?

No but i've heard of Rainbows

End Racism Now

djBuffoon
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

Eaxctly... but the OP trashing Dance Pop is also trashing Gagas early career

The OP said that she reinvented dance music when she first came on, which is a great testament to her early career. 

Morphine Prince
13 minutes ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

well good luck to her losing her stans and making music for white supremacists and soccer moms. 

I- 

:air:

Phoebe Buffay
22 minutes ago, witchcocktor said:

She won't get streams, she won't get acclaim, she won't get awards, she won't get a hit, and I doubt her heart would be fully in it for another era of dance pop where she'll do some awkward choreography and yell '' PUT YOUR ****ING HANDS UP, SING IT, CMON! '' constantly on the stage. 

The only people who need '' bAsIc DaNcE pOp BoPs!!1111 '' are some select fans who can't let go of the early 2010s. 

Look, I'm not saying that if Gaga releases a pop album it's going to suck, on the contrary I'm sure it's going to be amazing, because Gaga is just that talented but geez, Gaga doesn't need pop music, only some of her fans do, LET'S BE REAL. The only way she is going to prosper in specifically in the dancey pop category is if she is able to COMPLETELY reinvent the entire industry as she did when she debuted, and asking that of Gaga is just too much. She already did her thing, she already revamped the scene, and her influence can be felt to this day. That is enough, is it not? 

There's a generational shift happening in popular music. A lot of us who were teenagers and grew up listening to Gaga, we are in our mid twenties now, and the new popular names in popular music are being aimed at a completely new generation of music listeners, teenagers of today. Gaga cannot compete with those new names, and Gaga definitely shouldn't do what they do, release similar music and/or try to appeal to that generation. Because in the end, she is not going to be relateable or interesting to that generation, so trying is moot.

If you want dance '' bops '' because you just happen to like that genre the most, I can understand that, I hear you. But don't ever think that she is going to blow up by doing straight up pop music. Because that is just SILLY! She is not that girl anymore.

1. if i recall correctly, her dance-pop stuff has gotten her more streams, more awards and more acclaim than her stuff for grandmas and grandpas. bad romance and poker face alone>> entire cheek to cheek and joanne eras in terms of commercial AND critical reception

2. who said we wanted dance? most of us were here for a sound change in 2014 but at this point we're tired, like REALLY REALLY tired. she's been doing the same thing 5 years straight musically speaking. i'm still here for a change, but make it rock, or  r&b, or dancehall, or industrial, anything but music for soccer moms and white supremacists for the 4th time in a row

xoxo Craig

At the end of the day, Gaga started with Dance pop and evolved as an artits. Demanding that she just releases records like "Shallow" is shallow. 

She will not be put in a box

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
15 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Not everything she makes has to be serious. I love her work with ASIB and Joanne. Her vocals since The Fame have improved tenfold. 

The thing with Gaga, she  doesn't do "basic dance pop" because it has a message and a story behind it. You branding all pop stars together is exactly the stigma Gaga had to break. She is not a Britney or a Selena Gomez who dont talk about much. "Judas" speaks about love, but uses metaphors to convey that message. Its the perfect blend of Gaga into a pop song. Bloody Mary too... its components are complex and no other pop star can do it bug Gaga.

"Dance pop" does not always have to be bland, and what Gaga does in that genre makes it Gaga. 

And why are you putting Gaga in a box?  :smh:  Gaga is a multi-genre Queen and is good at many genres, and also blending them together. If you dont like what Gaga has to say in 2019 because  she is making dance music, go stan some other person

End Racism Now

Archived