đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Benjamin Rice: #LG6

Stef

Featured Posts

GhettoFabulous

For some reason I'm not hyped or anything :madge: like she's blue balled us for so long that I'm desensitized to stuff like this 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GovernmentHookah
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Well, I see the techno for obvious reasons (who she's worked with the past 2ish years; the visuals of enigma, haus labs). It's all very techno-ish. Then with Gaga tech and house music are usually one in the same PLUS, they're very related to one another and there's a lot of crossover in that 90s era of music. And Gaga kind of always turns back to house music at least once or twice on an album (with Joanne being the obvious lone exception for obvious reasons lol) probably because of her roots in club music.

The TLC pop? It's been a through-line musically for her for SO long since before she was famous all the way up to ASIB with the pop songs. They have that 90s RnB pop vibe, strong grooves, etc. I think she'll finally jump into it because it, too, was popular around the same time as Detroit techno and house, but mostly because of where she seems to be at in her life's cadence. Granted it isn't a lot, but from the little we've seen of her, she seems to be very much in a grooving rhythm and chill when she moves, speaks, etc. whereas before she tended to be a bit more frenetic and anxious and fidgety. I think personal behavior definitely manifests itself in musical product (or any creative product, for that matter). The only other time I think she's sounded similarly is when she was singing Posh Life, and that narrow period during the BTW ball sort of era when she was trying out different electronic sounds, but also very classic pop sounds for ARTPOP. So that's where I see potential crossover.

The biggest thing, though, is that I think a lot of her unreleased stuff from No Way to Posh Life has a pretty strong RnB flair to it. So why doesn't it get released? It never quite fits the record she's doing and I think also that she wasn't able to stay with them enough to release them because if it is something that is so much of a 'default', as it were, for her, then I get it's hard being vulnerable like that. However, after Joanne and ASIB I think she's set herself up to be more willingly vulnerable in her work (even if we disagree about Joanne's level of vulnerability, she considers it to be which is all that's important here).

It's OBVIOUSLY an enormous reach, but it's just a feeling that I have if I were to guess any musical direction from her. Plus, it's a return to pop for her, but still different and fresh.

Wow! Your breakdown is exciting to read because Gaga has touched the surface with 90s dance/pop with songs like Eh Eh, Alejandro, Scheiße, etc.  I can also dig the vibe that she’s in right now post-ASIB so whatever she’s releasing is going to be both good and creative.

Illuminati
18 hours ago, HausOfMark said:

We are so close, I can hear it.

Does it sound like pots and pans?

HausOfMark
3 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Does it sound like pots and pans?

Better. Cast Iron

-Mark

Archived