💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Harry Styles is playing prince Eric

Regina George

Featured Posts

Regina George

A few weeks back reports surfaced that Harry Styles was in talks to play opposite of Halle Bailey in The Little Mermaid live action remake as Prince Eric. The DisInsider has been recently informed that Styles has officially signed on to the project.

HARRY-STYLES-2.jpg

Harry Styles is known for his time in the popular boyband, One Direction and he also played a minor role in Christopher Nolan’s war drama, Dunkirk as Alex.  He was also recently in talks to play Elvis for the Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis biopic, but was beaten out for the role by Austin Butler.

Alan Menken is remastering his original “The Little Mermaid” score for the film and is writing a song with Moana composer, Lin-Manuel Miranda.  While Prince Eric doesn’t have any songs in the original The Little Mermaid, the singer joining Bailey is a strong sign that this will change in the remake. Styles and Bailey are incredible singers who will take on Alan Menken’s remastered Little Mermaid songs and new ones, too.

Also in talks to join Disney’s upcoming remake is  Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales star Javier Bardem is in talks to play Ariel’s father King Triton  Melissa McCarthy, Jacob Tremblay, and Awkwafina who are circling Ursula, Ariel’s best friend Flounder, and Scuttle.

The Little Mermaid will be directed by Rob Marshall and production is expected to begin in January in the Caribbean. It is expected that we  will hear more news on the project with the bi-annual D23 expo next week!

https://thedisinsider.com/2019/08/13/exclusive-harry-styles-has-officially-signed-on-to-play-prince-eric-in-the-little-mermaid/

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So where's the confirmation? 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Morphine Prince

But he is't Danish and does't have black hair?? 

The OUTRAGE! 

Oh wait, the outrage is only over black people playing mythical fish creatures. 

Borislshere

he looks toothless in that photo :air:

anyway, I guess. Can't do anything about that but I'm watching for Halle. 

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Enzo said:

So where's the confirmation? 

The DisInsider has been recently informed that Styles has officially signed on to the project.

HoneyB

Isn’t he a little too old to play Halle’s love interest?:poot: I’m pretty sure she’s 19 and he’s 25 I guess that’s not too bad:oprah: hopefully he knows how to act and isn’t just there to be hot

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897328c66678ae3acbe28

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

SeasonOfTheWitch
2 minutes ago, Talenti said:

Isn’t he a little too old to play Halle’s love interest?:poot: I’m pretty sure she’s 19 and he’s 25 I guess that’s not too bad:oprah: hopefully he knows how to act and isn’t just there to be hot

Wasn’t Gaga just dating someone 20 years older than her or sum 

Regina George
1 minute ago, Talenti said:

Hmmm honestly that's okay in my opinion... 

edengowon

Not a fan to be honest

I think Disney has been making pretty dodgy casting choices in live action films lately :triggered:

the artist formerly known as melancholia

AmericanxDream

So they kept Eric as a Caucasian man, but had to change Ariel's race? Okay... :saladga:

Archived