Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Forgotten #1 Hit Songs

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Regina George

Okay girls half of the “forgotten” ones you all mentioned are a still well known songs... I don’t agree with y’all’s choices.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

I think some of you need to re-evaluate what it means to be a forgotten #1. All these are legit Billboard #1 songs from 1980 to the present day...

This guy won a Grammy for this song and a whole host of other awards including an Oscar and everyone forgot about him right after it happened:

This guy was brought to my attention when he featured on a worst #1 hits compilation from ToddInTheShadows. He was a complete nobody who had one #1 and then literally was never heard from again:

Another ToddInTheShadows reference her. Another bizarre name of the same ilk who had one #1 and then left as quickly as he arrived:

This song is so of-its-time, it's incredible. It seemed to be everywhere for a year and then was forgotten:

The indie nature of this one eats your face off. They were a thing for a brief while and even had another hit with the help of Carly Rae Jepsen:

Kesha's 2010 music influence led to stuff like this and we actually made it into hits:

Wiz Khalifa was a big name once but he's a has been now and it looks like he'll only be remembered for his See You Again song which most people think of as Charlie Puth's song anyway. It's hard to imagine this was the hit that made him:

Out of all Kelly Clarkson's hits, I'm surprised this one went #1 and it was her last ever one to do so:

Remember Flo Rida? Now you wish she hadn't when you hear stuff like this:

I actually forgot this one went to #1, this era of Bruno's seems quite forgettable:

Jesus, people loved this song at the time but once they fell out of love with it, they hated it, didn't they:

You'd think a collab with names like this would last forever but their first collab was their biggest and everything else was a poor imitation:

Thank goodness meme songs seem to be on the way out:

Teal Ambition

Someone really asked who Nelly Furtado is :bradley: 

A lot of these still play on the radio so I would have to disagree. Here's some I thought of:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

FentyGa
2 hours ago, Anveeroy said:

She was a hit maker :bradley:

ugh i miss her

all good things come to an end and maneater are still BOPS

Dancin
35 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I think some of you need to re-evaluate what it means to be a forgotten #1. All these are legit Billboard #1 songs from 1980 to the present day...

This guy won a Grammy for this song and a whole host of other awards including an Oscar and everyone forgot about him right after it happened:

This guy was brought to my attention when he featured on a worst #1 hits compilation from ToddInTheShadows. He was a complete nobody who had one #1 and then literally was never heard from again:

Another ToddInTheShadows reference her. Another bizarre name of the same ilk who had one #1 and then left as quickly as he arrived:

This song is so of-its-time, it's incredible. It seemed to be everywhere for a year and then was forgotten:

The indie nature of this one eats your face off. They were a thing for a brief while and even had another hit with the help of Carly Rae Jepsen:

Kesha's 2010 music influence led to stuff like this and we actually made it into hits:

Wiz Khalifa was a big name once but he's a has been now and it looks like he'll only be remembered for his See You Again song which most people think of as Charlie Puth's song anyway. It's hard to imagine this was the hit that made him:

Out of all Kelly Clarkson's hits, I'm surprised this one went #1 and it was her last ever one to do so:

Remember Flo Rida? Now you wish she hadn't when you hear stuff like this:

I actually forgot this one went to #1, this era of Bruno's seems quite forgettable:

Jesus, people loved this song at the time but once they fell out of love with it, they hated it, didn't they:

You'd think a collab with names like this would last forever but their first collab was their biggest and everything else was a poor imitation:

Thank goodness meme songs seem to be on the way out:

LOTS of the modern ones are still played to this day. You tell me Fireflies was forgotten when it resurfaced as a meme recently? Locked Out Of Heaven is one of the most recognizable early Bruno songs which is still being spinned in radios. Stronger is one of the few Kelly Clarkson songs which still gets airtime. And even though Love The Way You Lie was way more iconic and popular, The Monster is still pretty fxcking known.

hmmm

RodeckDanny
4 hours ago, Enzo said:

who even is Nelly Furtado? lol :oprah:

Not a 90s (or before) baby alarm 

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

whore
1 minute ago, DannyRodeck said:

Not a 90s (or before) baby alarm 

I was born in 2000 and I still remember her reign lol they've gotta be even later :poot:

sillynate

Honestly... Born This Way... I feel like the GP only remembers Poker Face, Bad Romance, and Shallow [and Just Dance]. Anything else is like “oh yeah I forgot about that one!” Especially LoveGame but it wasn’t #1

StrawberryBlond
41 minutes ago, Dancin said:

LOTS of the modern ones are still played to this day. You tell me Fireflies was forgotten when it resurfaced as a meme recently? Locked Out Of Heaven is one of the most recognizable early Bruno songs which is still being spinned in radios. Stronger is one of the few Kelly Clarkson songs which still gets airtime. And even though Love The Way You Lie was way more iconic and popular, The Monster is still pretty fxcking known.

I don't live in America, so I can't speak on what's being played on their radio. I'm basing it on what music and artists people are still talking about in this day and age. For those who are still getting hits, I'm referring to their lowest talked-about #1.

joemayzzin
2 hours ago, Teal Ambition said:

Someone really asked who Nelly Furtado is :bradley: 

A lot of these still play on the radio so I would have to disagree. Here's some I thought of:

I was just at a beach clubhouse/bar on the water this past weekend and Angel was played during the day where Tempeture came on at night when everyone started dancing :teehee: 

not a french fry

You forgot about G.U.Y

social experiment gone wrong

Archived