• Les Amours Imaginaires
    • Laurence Anyways
    • Tom à la Ferme
    • Mommy
    • Juste la fin du monde
    • The Death & Life of John F. Donovan

Featured Posts

NewUsername

For those who know Xavier Dolan and his work, which movie of this only 30 yo Canadian genius has been your favorite so far?

People who haven't seen his movies, he's also the director of Adele's MV for 'Hello'.

imnotyourbabe10

I know I could go to imdb but are there any he's actually in/not directing because...

xd.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=780

tenor.gif

I know Mommy is generally considered his best, and It's definitely top tier for me, but I'm actually always torn between Laurence Anyways and Tom at the Farm.

Laurence Anyways is damned epic in scope, even though it's such an intimate story, and there are so, so many sequences in it that are just sublime.

But Tom at the Farm might be his most "perfect" movie. It's incredibly tightly constructed, and thrillingly tense. It's like a Hitchcock movie, except the gay subtext is allowed to just be surface text.

I haven't seen TLADOJFD, and I'm not sure I want to after the reviews, lol. Though, I actually think It's Only the End of the World is a fine film (definitely not one of his best, not even quite "great," but very good) despite the critical drubbing it took, so maybe I'd be pleasantly surprised. 

Matthias et Maxime received a pretty muted response at Cannes this year--not really love or hate, not a lot of passion in either direction, which is actually pretty odd for Dolan, who is usually really divisive.

NewUsername
11 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

I know I could go to imdb but are there any he's actually in/not directing because...

tenor.gif

girl ikr girl

He's in J'ai tué ma mère, Les amours imaginaires and Tom à la ferme. He'll also be in his new movie, Matthias et Maxime.

He's also in other movies, like Boy Erased and Bad Times at the El Royale

Oriane

Mommy, definitely ! It's his masterpiece by far.

Still haven't seen The Death and Life of John F Donovan, and his new movie.

I loved Les Amours imaginaires too. For me, his other movies range from good to almost bad (Juste la fin du monde was embarrassing).

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

LaLuna

Ah yes, Quebec's very own boy wonder.

As a Quebecer myself, I'm kind of ashamed to say I've never seen a single one of his movies, not even the one that has my name in the title :oops:

Spock

He’s so pretentious :rip:

Mommy was okay but I didn’t really like his other ones 

who will love me when the night is over

Ally Campana
2 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

tenor.gif

Yes in many movies actually. He’ll also be on IT: Chapter 2.

Does it matter? Damage is done

NewUsername
8 hours ago, LaLuna said:

Ah yes, Quebec's very own boy wonder.

As a Quebecer myself, I'm kind of ashamed to say I've never seen a single one of his movies, not even the one that has my name in the title :oops:

Laurence? Tom?

Mommy? :derpga:

Archived