💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

"Friends" Episodes to Hit Movie Theaters This Fall

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

gypsy101

i wish we could get a reunion but it probably won’t happen til the cast is in their 60’s

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
7 hours ago, GypsyBabe said:

Just because they didn’t check all the diversity boxes doesn’t mean that the show is trash. They did progressive things for the time. 

You had a good point until you wrote this.

The trashiest comment on GGD is "check all the diversity boxes." 

How is that even a good defense? 

Glad to see Trump's brainwashing is working on GGD.:ohwell:

The show is trash because of it.  Get over it. 

Roseanne had more black people on it and the show took place in Illinois dusting the same 90's. 

Also the lesbian wedding was used as a joke it want a celebration of the LGBTQ community. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

RAMROD

Oh look all the haters being  smart azzes in here, raining on another parade  :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

JusKeepBreathin
9 hours ago, EdgeOfGloryGa said:

That is so unnecessary and tacky of you to call someone else’s opinion trashy.. just because they disagree with you. The show was a product of its time and that’s all. In no way was the absence of certain representation with ill intent. It is not that serious.

It is that serious. It was not a product of it's time. Plenty of 90's shows celebrated diversity and gays.  RuPaul had a talk show on VH1 in the 90's for heaven's sake. 

We are not talking about the 1950's or 1960's.

Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie were products of it's time. By the way I love those shows. I don't think every show needs to have lots of diversity. I loved Grace Under Fire and Married with Children too. Those shows weren't a shining examples of diversity either. They were family centered shows that focused on a white family. But when they went to workthey actually had black coworkers and black friends. Friends was not. It was about a group of friends in New York City.  90's New York had more than just white people in it. 

It was a conscience effort to keep diversity off of "must see TV" on Thursday nights. IMO.

And by the way I said the comment "checking diversity boxes" was trashy, not his opinion. I even said to him or her you had a point until you made that particular comment. 

The words, "Checking diversity boxes" is NOT an opinion it's trash. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, EdgeOfGloryGa said:

Why r u so angry luv :interestinga:

Awesome, now the "why are you so angry" or "your just an angry person" response. as if eye roll GIF

Yawn. Boring and predictable. :kiss:

Archived