💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Missy Elliot getting Vanguard Award

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

jacs vs looser

I know y'all want Gaga to get this award, (I personally don't care since she has many more prestigious ones) but Missy really does deserve it. As a person that lived through her peak, I can tell you her music videos have served time and time again.

Besides she's a super nice artist and one of the OG female rapers, let her have it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dutch

Gaga doesn't want this award, the faster y'all accept the better. I'm pretty sure they have been asking her since forever, the VMAs wants her there for the views, believe me.

Besides that, Missy deserves it.

RenegAde
1 hour ago, Rio said:

Literally, it's getting annoying now 😂 love me some Missy Elliot but Gaga's so overdue. Her videography is literally way more iconic, memorable and Vanguard-worthy than the past 4 recipients of the award. Even MJ probably knows it 😆🤷🏻‍♂️ I'd even go as far to say the past 6 recipients. Up until 2014, other than Single Ladies, I could not name one iconic Beyonce music video... Maybe Crazy In Love, Run The World?

As a body of work, Gaga's videography is unmatched amongst her contemporaries.

Single ladies wasn't even all that ,the choreo was even copied I wonder what Y'all see in thay video :madge:

Biggest Fan
40 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Gaga doesn't want this award, the faster y'all accept the better. I'm pretty sure they have been asking her since forever, the VMAs wants her there for the views, believe me.

Besides that, Missy deserves it.

Really

like Gaga is that powerful now 

wow I mean we all now shes the most talented female  

🤖

artpopulace

It will be better if she accepts it next year, we want a LG6 ultimate promo ala Lemonade in VMAs right, ladies?

the milky way is 𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

6 hours ago, Hybrid Rose said:

are they literally just finding ANYONE ELSE to give it to? Gaga has been the most deserving of it.

Hide contents

must've been that beauty brand she decided to make :ally:

If the Joanne video’s hadn’t been ffed up, yes.

Judas Society

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't care if Gaga gets it or not. I already witnessed her getting an Oscar. I'm more interested in witnessing her getting other awards like the Emmy and Tony to get her EGOT status than the video vanguard award.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool addition to get the vanguard award to validate her iconic videography. And yes, it includes John Wayne. Some y'all act like it never exist just because it's part of the "boring" Joanne era and it shows.

RAMROD
13 hours ago, DiamondKing said:

Katy deserves it more :neyde:

Damn, imagine thinking this and still can sleep at night :lmao:

Missy's brief performance as guest star upstaged Katy on Katy's own Half Time show and that was during the time Katy peaked too. When you asked people about memorable things from that one Half Time Show, the answers will be either Left Shark, Missy Elliot, Or that Chrome Lion. Not Katy's performance and singing herself. This tells so much who is more iconic between the two.  :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Musicisfreedom
14 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Nope I have the same memory... sure it was announced months ago 

Mandela Effect

Bitch I'm Madonna

Antonio
14 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Why are they copying Ariana with the back-to-front writing? :oprah:

And I thought this was confimed months ago

Did Ariana invent back to front :fail:

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

10 hours ago, Rio said:

Literally, it's getting annoying now 😂 love me some Missy Elliot but Gaga's so overdue. Her videography is literally way more iconic, memorable and Vanguard-worthy than the past 4 recipients of the award. Even MJ probably knows it 😆🤷🏻‍♂️ I'd even go as far to say the past 6 recipients. Up until 2014, other than Single Ladies, I could not name one iconic Beyonce music video... Maybe Crazy In Love, Run The World?

As a body of work, Gaga's videography is unmatched amongst her contemporaries.

Gaga hasn’t had that many videos though. Her most iconic visuals were from TF-BTW. ARTPOP only had 2 videos and Joanne produced 2 decent videos too. 

Beyonce had two visual albums and two partially visual albums (Bday and IASF have ton of vids). That’s not including her work with Destinys Child either.

I would want Gaga to get it, but the quality of her vids have lacked BTW on. I hope by her next album she has more visual material.

BYE

Archived