πŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT πŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's heart must had been broken...

AdmistTheLight

Featured Posts

LilyLark

I suspect he would have hated a tribute by any mainstream pop girl.Β  I'm surprised he liked Lorde's performance, but Lorde was considered more "quirky and indie" and even is today by a lot of people despite Melodrama being fairly mainstream pop. Anyway, I do have a reason behind this lol: I love movies and was aware of Ducan Jones since he directed Moon around ten years ago. He very much came off as a condescending bore with a mean streak on twitter way back in the day and interacted with the most obnoxious film bros, although he cleaned it up a lot when he started being considered for big projects. His reaction to Gaga was very much in line with his old twitter personality and not his "new" one. I always found it a bit funny since he ended up directing World of Warcraft, which is like the most...mainstream pop culture project ever.

To be fair, he was absolutely entitled to his opinion and to feel raw. And I think he would have had some legitimate grievances if he was annoyed about the Intel aspect...but the criticism was more of a personal jab at Gaga and had nothing to do with the Intel part. I thought it was a bit cruel. And in the long run, Bowie himself wrote a nice note to Gaga before his death and didn't Iman say something nice about her tribute so while I'm sure it stung, I think she dealt with it.

darkchylde
2 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

he ended up directing World of Warcraft

I HAD NO IDEA BOUT THIS... damn, it was one big mess of a movie

bloody g

David would have loved it, and that's what matters.

γ€ŽπŸπšπ­πž 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 π›πž πœπ‘πšπ§π πžπγ€

zakariah

it was such a messy performance but the result was the best that it could possibly be tbh

I still remember my reaction after the performance ended, I was literally like β€˜wtf did I just watch???’ in both a good and bad way lmao

LilyLark
1 hour ago, Bloody hooker said:

Even though Gaga was finally get the proper recognition of being talented in 2016, she was still disliked by many. People felt that the Bowie tribute was over the top. When I think about the performance now, I do think that some of the technology was too much. The intro, moving piano and mic, and the ending would have been good enough.

Β 

Answering the op:

I think she probably is/was upset with the response of the performance.

Agree with all of this, although I do believe Gaga's vocals were mostly praised (even by people who hated the staging) and the performance did have some defenders...I still think Duncan's tweet was a bit much, though. I suspect it was about the technology and it was literally just a definition of Gaga, but the unhinged bit was...cruel.

Didn't Lorde actually get dragged by several critics for her vocals, though, even if people liked the staging a lot more than Gaga's tribute? I think with such a major figure like Bowie... the knives were going to be out no matter what.

1 hour ago, Defmix100 said:

I thought Duncan Jones had it removed farely quickly after, usually when it's expired licences it's online for a year (unless it was that long, for some reason I remember it being soon after)

I think it had been a year.

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Defmix100
23 minutes ago, EdgeOfGloryGa said:

Nope it expired. Manny performances from the Grammys are NOT on YouTube, the ones you can find aren’t covers or tributes but songs OWNED by said artist.

okay that's good then, so it was just made up?

Reginald

I hadn't watched this in a couple of yearsΒ 

Β To be frank, this performance was a hot mess. Idk why they tried to do like 20 seconds of each song. It feels very sloppy and erratic.

Lol, I remember this was around the time when I was concerned that Gaga was becoming a tribute artist

She should have just performed Space Oddity. The projection on her face was great, it was emotional, it would have been perfect. She did so much on that stage that the performance became about her showing how much she was a fan of him and how much she knew about him. Less is more.

VOLANTIS
3 hours ago, Bloody hooker said:

Even though Gaga was finally get the proper recognition of being talented in 2016, she was still disliked by many. People felt that the Bowie tribute was over the top. When I think about the performance now, I do think that some of the technology was too much. The intro, moving piano and mic, and the ending would have been good enough.

But that's Bowie though. You can't do a Bowie tribute without going over the top. Doing something extremely stale would have been offensive toΒ his performance spirit.Β :crossed:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

The Z

The commercial said that no new material would be performed though, which means no new era. BUT yes, her heart must've been broken

It's always a bit unkind to take jabs at someone who's intent was to honored the work of someone that they enjoyed and look up too. But guess what counts was the tribute and honoring Bowie, that's what matters. And he did wrote her a lovely note.Β 

I think people/his family wanted an emotional tribute and Gaga chose to celebrate him, showed up dressed as him and did a medley with Intel technology.. it was too much. Simplicity would have worked better.

Zander

Iman has never publicly spoken about what she thought on the performance, it was only the son.Β 

She originally never intended to do the Bowie tribute, right? It was a last minute thing where she changed her mind and they chose her to do it? (I think).Β 

Archived