Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga sends message to shooting victims

Jenina

Featured Posts

LilyLark

Good. I'm glad that performers like Lana and Gaga are trying to help by putting money towards counseling, gun control organizations, etc. The BTWF does a lot of low key good work—my friend who lives in Vegas said there was a small bit on her local news  a few months ago about how BTW funds some programs at a few of the local high schools.

I just worry that we'll never be able to defeat the NRA no matter how many protests, petitions, etc. we all do considering how nothing changed after Sandy Hook. Well, Obama managed to get a small background check through even if the Republicans shot down the rest of the legislation...which f*cking Trump overturned by executive order. Which is an insanely depressing thought, so I have to try and believe that we'll defeat the NRA somehow.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sampool
1 hour ago, phantasmas said:

why are u glad about that? because shes a celeb? :saladga:

sorry if this sounds pointed, im just tired of that kind of thinking coming from people

Not necessarily, I have no problem if they brought up the mass shootings & gun control topic in a political debate; but for a condolences message (in this case) it would seem disingenuous to use this tragedy to push a political agenda when some of the victims-families & survivors still support the 2nd amendment (like we’ve seen with some of the school shooting survivors). Instead, she made it personal, heartfelt & helpful which anyone could appreciate, no matter of their political views.

phantasmas

but why? why can politics only be brought up when youre at a podium? would Gaga talking about both things at once reduce her social clout or something, i dont get it? these affected families & communities are doing both at this very moment and i feel like we should follow.

because what even is the timetable for mourning? what date should we mark to say were finally all “healed” enough to talk politics that affect us all? 

you dont have to separate youre emotions and condolences from your politics. pushing laws that protect us all isnt an “agenda”, its asking for common decency. 

phantasmas
6 hours ago, sampool said:

Not necessarily, I have no problem if they brought up the mass shootings & gun control topic in a political debate; but for a condolences message (in this case) it would seem disingenuous to use this tragedy to push a political agenda when some of the victims-families & survivors still support the 2nd amendment (like we’ve seen with some of the school shooting survivors). Instead, she made it personal, heartfelt & helpful which anyone could appreciate, no matter of their political views.

Just now, phantasmas said:

but why? why can politics only be brought up when youre at a podium? would Gaga talking about both things at once reduce her social clout or something, i dont get it? these affected families & communities are doing both at this very moment and i feel like we should follow.

because what even is the timetable for mourning? what date should we mark to say were finally all “healed” enough to talk politics that affect us all? 

you dont have to separate youre emotions and condolences from your politics. pushing laws that protect us all isnt an “agenda”, its asking for common decency. 

i meant to quote u :hor: 

FlopSlurper
8 hours ago, modern ecstasy said:

Her makeup line obviously matters to her and others who are interested, just because it doesn’t matter to you doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter at all. :wtf:

And I don’t even know why you need to bring down her business endeavors in this topic, just appreciate her message.

Welll it doesn't matter to me so I'm glad she finally posted about something that I believe matters instead of the constant product placement. Y'all are getting defensive over nothing.

Delusional

Spending that haus labs coin well I see

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Xoxo Adriana

one is doing the jobs a president should do, and the other one is Donald Trump. 

lady-gaga3.jpg

Guest Adarsh
9 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

As the teacher, little monster and world citizen that I am, I am THRILLED :firega:

Wow you’re a teacher? That must be so hard :giveup: I have great respect for teachers because my mom is a professor and I’ve seen her treat the students like her own kids  :kara:

Gagz4Gaga
6 minutes ago, Lilmonzter said:

#Gaga2020 instead of #maga  :party:

#MAGaGa2020 here we go

nostalgia’s for geeks

Katharine Hepburn
9 minutes ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

#MAGaGa2020 here we go

Make America Gayer and Gayer Again :huntyga:

xoxo Joanne

Archived