Stefani Tee
politics

Pete Buttigieg Releases New Health Plan for Rural America

Featured Posts

HybridAT
1 hour ago, Sid said:

It's nearly a quarter? That's a pretty great start to me, considering how many millions of dollars the healthcare industry pumps into propaganda.

As I said, I will never support a system that requires payment at the point of service in exchange for medical treatment. I do not have centrist views nor will I ever, sorry! I'm sorry it makes you uncomfortable :giggle:

Then don't. Who cares? I certainly don't. And no, it doesn't make me uncomfortable. Good luck to your candidate. 

Whispering
2 hours ago, Sid said:

It's nearly a quarter? That's a pretty great start to me, considering how many millions of dollars the healthcare industry pumps into propaganda.

It’s a fifth. That means that eighty percent want something different. 

• Thanks 1

River

Can they stop with the populist ideas and just stick to a real beneficial plan that would help everyone?

take examples from other countries with a good public healthcare and if you want extras, pay extra to an insurance that can complete the coverage of the public one.

It’s not so difficult.

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

HybridAT
36 minutes ago, River said:

Can they stop with the populist ideas and just stick to a real beneficial plan that would help everyone?

take examples from other countries with a good public healthcare and if you want extras, pay extra to an insurance that can complete the coverage of the public one.

It’s not so difficult.

I'm not sure who they refers to here, but here's what Pete proposes.

"Buttigieg says he wants to “make progress toward universal health care” by building on the Affordable Care Act. The South Bend, Indiana, mayor proposes to provide more generous subsidies to low- and middle-income consumers in the ACA marketplaces and to make a publicly-run “Medicare-type insurance plan” available to all. The goal is to boost enrollment by reducing the out-of-pocket cost of existing plans while using the government-backed health care plan to generate more competition between insurers."

It's an incremental approach and will serve as a glidepath to a Medicare for All environment.

"While Buttigieg has outlined a plan that keeps private insurers at the center of the health care system, he also makes it clear that current system needs to improve significantly. “If corporate insurers don’t lower costs to deliver something dramatically better than what is available today,” his proposal warns, “competition will lead us towards Medicare for All.”

This is why he calls it "Medicare for All Who Want It" and imo this is the most sensible approach, and that's also what majority of America favors. 

luckyanderson
On 8/9/2019 at 11:10 AM, MJHolland said:

100% insurance coverage won’t do anything as far as opening non-hospital healthcare in rural communities. We’ve seen this is rural regions where coverage is nearly universal. 

Healthcare wont be solved by just more insurance — this plan understands that. 

I knew you'd be in support of a plan like this. 🤡