💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Unknown Songwriter Accuses Lady Gaga of plagiarism

Lilmonzter

Featured Posts

Lilmonzter

https://pagesix.com/2019/08/08/lady-gaga-accused-of-stealing-shallow-from-unknown-songwriter/amp/

Lady Gaga is being threatened with a multimillion-dollar lawsuit by an unknown songwriter who claims the melody of her Oscar-winning song “Shallow” from her hit movie “A Star Is Born” was stolen from a song he released in 2012.

The nine-time Grammy-winning artist has been hit with a legal threat by songwriter Steve Ronsen who claims just a few notes — specifically, a three-note progression — in “Shallow” is based on his song “Almost,” which appears to have fewer than 300 streams on SoundCloud as of this writing. The three notes — G, A, B — correspond to the hook of “Shallow.”

Ronsen and his attorney Mark D. Shirian are asking for “millions and millions” of dollars in a settlement, we’re told, while threatening to go public with their claims, in a move that Gaga’s team is branding as a “brazen shakedown.”

Gaga, 33, has hired NYC power attorney Orin Snyder, who says the superstar will not back down.

Snyder said, “Mr. Ronsen and his lawyer are trying to make easy money off the back of a successful artist. It is shameful and wrong. I applaud Lady Gaga for having the courage and integrity to stand up on behalf of successful artists who find themselves on the receiving end of such [claims]. Should Mr. Shirian proceed with this case, Lady Gaga will fight it vigorously and will prevail.”

Some attention ***** wannabe is at it again discuss!

Apparently Gaga is still used as a click bait 

List of publication who ran with the story:

Jezebel: Confident Rando Threatens to Sue Lady Gaga For Allegedly Stealing 'Shallow'

Mirror uk : Lady Gaga accused of 'stealing Shallow from unknown US songwriter'

Paper Magazine: Did Lady Gaga Steal 'Shallow' From SoundCloud?

Pagesix: Lady Gaga slams claim she stole ‘Shallow’ from unknown songwriter

Indian Express: Copyright lawsuit filed against Lady Gaga's 'Shallow' from 'A Star is Born'

Yahoo News: Lady Gaga ready to fight lawsuit claims lawyer

Perez hilton: Lady GaGa ‘Outraged’ At Songwriter Accusing Her Of Copying Composition For ‘Shallow’

Vanity fair: What Are the Odds Lady Gaga Wrote “Shallow” After Trawling SoundCloud for Material?

Herald: Lady Gaga accused of stealing Shallow chords

Fox news: Lady Gaga ready to fight possible ‘Shallow’ lawsuit, lawyer says

Us mag: Lady Gaga Accused of Copying Another Songwriter for ‘Shallow,’ Her Lawyer Slams Claim as ‘Shameful’

Celeb.nine.au :Lady Gaga slams claims she ripped off Shallow from unknown songwriter

Et Canada:  Songwriter Accuses Lady Gaga Of Stealing Note Progression For Her Song ‘Shallow’

Do you think the guy is satisfied in his 12 min of fame or is this gonna pass summary judgement? Or is there gonna be media circus around this?🤔

Sing C'est la vie 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jewels n Drugs

The ghetto

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

migamiga

Looks like being sued for your biggest hit is the thing now 👀

what a reverse legatalian expedition

rumours
6 minutes ago, Lilmonzter said:

specifically, a three-note progression — in “Shallow” is based on his song “Almost,” which appears to have fewer than 300 streams on SoundCloud as of this writing. The three notes — G, A, B — correspond to the hook of “Shallow.”

4acc1dcb21d6b908916367107ff63143.jpg

Vitleysingur
Just now, geishababe said:

Looks like being sued for your biggest is the thing to do now 👀

what a reverse legatalian expedition

swish swish GIF by Katy Perry

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

I mean to be fair, they do sound similar in some parts but not enough to even call it a sample :laughga:

LibraOctober98

I'm also suing Gaga because in 2011 I sang a note and it was the same as a note from ARUTW. It's that easy folks, where's my million dollars

Customzanotti

You've been a very very bad girl gaga!

See ya in jail  :ohwell:

Pompom hole n streets w/ ma heels

weed
2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

When will people realise they can't own basic musical elements? :awkney:

Gaga and Katy can join hands and start a revolution against suing :sis:

Reginald

This is so dumb. I hope he intends to also sue (and be sued by) everyone who's used those three notes in succession. 

Edit: I can't believe I just listened to this dumb song. 301 streams for him

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

Archived