💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Frank Ocean Was/is Going To Sue Ariana?

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

Ariana’s sweetener tour set has an interlude for a cover of close to you but at lollapalooza she switched it for adore 

she also unfollowed frank on Instagram 

sad cause she’s a huge fan of him

derpmonster
4 minutes ago, EdgeOfGloryGa said:

She’s going to end up being burnt out

She has the money and honestly good sis needs a break. For her own sake. Touring is hard for her right now and the way she keeps releasing and touring she's acting like 2010/11/12 Gaga between TFM, Monster Ball, BTW, BTW Ball, and it's not sustainable.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

weed

sksksksks "oh ur gonna threaten me w a lawsuit for using ur song unethically? BLOCKEDT"

HoneyB

Did she not ask him if she could use his song...?:selena: Idk how that stuff works but that sucks I never knew she liked Frank Ocean whew Ari has taste!:ally:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

LilyLark
20 minutes ago, Talenti said:

Did she not ask him if she could use his song...?:selena: Idk how that stuff works but that sucks I never knew she liked Frank Ocean whew Ari has taste!:ally:

It's kind of ironic because Frank almost got sued back in the day for basically doing a cover of some song on Nostalgia, Ultra without going through the right channels.

I believe once a song has been public for a certain amount of years anyone can do a cover—sort of how like the copyright with literature expires. I don't know the rest of the process...but there is clearly one since people can do karaoke with nearly any song they like but professional musicians can't do the same.

Dukttape
7 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

there is clearly one since people can do karaoke with nearly any song they like but professional musicians can't do the same.

The missing element you're neglecting is revenue

I know he's particular about licensing (see: Chipotle suit) but I very much doubt he's suing her. She licensed the song through his PRO or someone's getting fired and he'd have a lot of nerve suing her. One of my favorite tracks from him is still "American Wedding"  an original lyrical composition set to Hotel California  :green: 

mr.peter

I thought it was legal to cover a song live ? Obviously just can’t commercially release the cover for profits. 

Am I wrong ? Does anyone know the legal rules on this ? 

LilyLark
12 minutes ago, mauvais said:

I know he's particular about licensing (see: Chipotle suit) but I very much doubt he's suing her. She licensed the song through his PRO or someone's getting fired and he'd have a lot of nerve suing her. One of my favorite tracks from him is still "American Wedding"  an original lyrical composition set to Hotel California  :green: 

Thanks, I was trying to remember the song that got him in trouble back in the day lol. Yeah, it's the same exact music, not even just a sample or similar (people on here are always accusing something of being a copy, but in this case it was a legitimate exact copy).

CautiousLurker

Why tho? It's not like she's profiting from it - people are going to see Ariana not because they're hoping she's gonna perform his song :laughga:

Damn, all this time Gaga could have sued Madonna and Katy for performing Born This Way, who knew.mp3 :duck:

1 hour ago, derpmonster said:

She has the money and honestly good sis needs a break. For her own sake. Touring is hard for her right now and the way she keeps releasing and touring she's acting like 2010/11/12 Gaga between TFM, Monster Ball, BTW, BTW Ball, and it's not sustainable.

She's barely doing half as many shows as Gaga was doing back then

Sam98
13 minutes ago, Rio said:

She's barely doing half as many shows as Gaga was doing back then

And rightly so. We've seen what happened to Gaga

☄️ Before there was love, there was silence 🌌

beaublue

He can’t sue her for playing his song during her tour lol just like people can do covers of whatever songs they like without the artist suing them.

Didymus

You can cover a song live with no consequences but integrating it in your show... I don't think that's allowed based on what I know.

FfFfFfFF
2 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

Why tho? It's not like she's profiting from it - people are going to see Ariana not because they're hoping she's gonna perform his song :laughga:

Damn, all this time Gaga could have sued Madonna and Katy for performing Born This Way, who knew.mp3 :duck:

Madonna had permission from Fernando to sing Born This Way on tour. :selena: This is why Gaga distanced from him.

Archived