Stefani Tee
society

Saudi Arabia to allow women to travel without male permission + more

Featured Posts

GagaMariaSpears

Hopefully Saudi ladies will use this is their advantage and get out of SA :poot:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2

Economy
2 hours ago, Alii said:

I'm actually pleased that people have stopped tolerating intolerance. 

That's not my point

Very few ppl actually commented on the progress on criticize it

Cultures don't change overnight. But we should give credit where it's due

And the rising rights for women in Saudi Arabia isn't a one time blip. For years now it has been a trend

That's a good thing

• Like 4

darkwolf

Although it's a move in the right direction, these announcements are only here to restore the king's image, who is murderer and who needs to be prosecuted over the atrocities in Yemen.

• Like 2

Flopplause
6 hours ago, tomsches said:

Blessed be the fight 

not blessed be the fruit? :green:

PartySick

Great, can't wait to see more progress over there. And over here. And everywhere else.

This chicken is lovely, Karen. Please let go of my arm.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

andreas85

These changes are mostly meaningless considering the Saudi government is still accepting brutal capital punishments and massive corruption. Assassinating political dissidents is also popular in Saudi Arabia. Unfortunately there's not going to be any significant changes in any Islamic country until they get rid of Islamic fundamentalists.

ladylinners

Atleast they're letting women leave the country unlike the UAE. 

I do appreciate the fact that Saudi Arabia is women are given more rights. However, it is still an absolute monarchy and remains one of the few countries that have not accepted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. 

"Mohammad bin Salman, the son of King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud, continued to fortify his personal authority during 2017. He had been deputy crown prince since 2015, while also serving as defense minister and holding a number of other official posts, but in June 2017 he engineered the ouster of Mohammad bin Nayef—a nephew of the king—as interior minister and replaced him as crown prince. Several months later, after agreeing to lead a committee charged with rooting out corruption in the kingdom, Mohammad bin Salman ordered the house arrest of scores of wealthy officials, businessmen, and rival members of the royal family. Those detained were forced to turn over billions of dollars in assets to the state.

The crown prince also ordered a crackdown on popular preachers and reform advocates in September. These arrests, which cut across the country’s political spectrum, indicated that the kingdom’s leaders had little interest in political change, despite the announcement of modest plans to ease some social controls, such as the ban on women driving." https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2018/saudi-arabia

• Like 1

Antonio

Progress is progress :applause:

Mío chico loco, muy guay contigo-go

ACT2

the comments on this thread... IM LAUGHING y'all really think women are so controlled here jksksjkfksjdg :ladyhaha:

LEAK ARTPOP ACT2 BISH

Economy
On 8/8/2019 at 1:28 PM, ACT2 said:

the comments on this thread... IM LAUGHING y'all really think women are so controlled here jksksjkfksjdg :ladyhaha:

Are u from Saudi Arabia? Ur profile doesn't say

• Like 1

ACT2
On 8/12/2019 at 3:01 AM, Economy said:

Are u from Saudi Arabia? Ur profile doesn't say

yes i am and honestly I'm disgusted about the stuff i hear about how we treat women and stuff 

even tho its sad that people believe some article made by someone who doesn't live there its actually kinda laughable it shows how gullible people are

LEAK ARTPOP ACT2 BISH