CEREMONY || ARTRAVE Looks

SharkmanthaC

Featured Posts

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SharkmanthaC
2 minutes ago, Kween said:

You know what, there’s no point for me to be here with all of these tasteless flops :madge:

giphy.gif

Please stay...it appears there is only 2 people here. :noparty:

she/her/hers

Cello

She looks so adorable in that pink outfit pic :messga:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

SharkmanthaC

#8 Do What U Want / Dope / Yoü and I / Born This Way 

Score: 5.886

Highest Rater:  @Oriane (11) 

Lowest Rater: @Blue Madonna(0)

ARTPOP5.png

Outfit: VEX Clothing

Comments:

@KatieJudasGaga4 Kinda basic for the outfit. She could've added something else to the outfit when she sang DWUW.

@Dancin Literally just the PARTYNAUSEOUS look without the tentacles. That made it lose all of its magic.

@ARTPOP2 I love the hair and the fact that it came from the outfit before it :poot: like I love the shape and the fact that it's attached to her neck but yeah it's lacking

@Phaye Monster Taking away the tentacles takes away the essence but okay

@Didymus This is just... nothing. Very lackluster.

@Davian It looks good on her but it’s also not a stand out. It’s classic Gaga.

@Smother Em Eh I like it but without the tentacles I feel like it’s kinda basic tbh. I do like the hair though.

@Miel And then, once you remove the most interesting aspects of the outfit, we get: yet another bodysuit. I'll give kudos for its uniqueness in pattern and latex material.

It looked the best with the short, curly blonde wig and dark lip combo.

@MANiCURE 6 Sexy and iconic.

@the Devil of Pop Not one of my favorite looks, one piece swimsuit teas. The transition during the show worked well though. Unfortunately that wig really gets to... shine... :awkney:

@LittleMedonster Simple yet cute.

@DiamondKing Doesn't work without the tentacles in my opinion

@Cello The bodysuit looks a bit plain without all the inflated appendages but still a nice look

@Alexanderr it was ruined when it became a leotard

@ExMachina It's ... unflattering. I remember one Polish fan who got on stage with her called her a big sweaty noodle.

@IrishMonster Half the outfit= half the score

@Oriane I probably prefer it to the full octopus version because you can really see how the outfit compliments her body. It's really sexy and it's my favorite even though it's simple. I like the wig too.

@Plastique Tiara To be honest, the black version looks like the Sexxx Dreams look if it wasn’t yet cut into a more revealing look. The others were cute though.

@Lazz Monster it worked better with the tentacles lol

she/her/hers

gagaxsebert
2 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

#8 Do What U Want / Dope / Yoü and I / Born This Way 

Score: 5.886

Highest Rater:  @Oriane (11) 

Lowest Rater: @Blue Madonna(0)

ARTPOP5.png

Outfit: VEX Clothing

Comments:

@KatieJudasGaga4 Kinda basic for the outfit. She could've added something else to the outfit when she sang DWUW.

@Dancin Literally just the PARTYNAUSEOUS look without the tentacles. That made it lose all of its magic.

@ARTPOP2 I love the hair and the fact that it came from the outfit before it :poot: like I love the shape and the fact that it's attached to her neck but yeah it's lacking

@Phaye Monster Taking away the tentacles takes away the essence but okay

@Didymus This is just... nothing. Very lackluster.

@Davian It looks good on her but it’s also not a stand out. It’s classic Gaga.

@Smother Em Eh I like it but without the tentacles I feel like it’s kinda basic tbh. I do like the hair though.

@Miel And then, once you remove the most interesting aspects of the outfit, we get: yet another bodysuit. I'll give kudos for its uniqueness in pattern and latex material.

It looked the best with the short, curly blonde wig and dark lip combo.

@MANiCURE 6 Sexy and iconic.

@the Devil of Pop Not one of my favorite looks, one piece swimsuit teas. The transition during the show worked well though. Unfortunately that wig really gets to... shine... :awkney:

@LittleMedonster Simple yet cute.

@DiamondKing Doesn't work without the tentacles in my opinion

@Cello The bodysuit looks a bit plain without all the inflated appendages but still a nice look

@Alexanderr it was ruined when it became a leotard

@ExMachina It's ... unflattering. I remember one Polish fan who got on stage with her called her a big sweaty noodle.

@IrishMonster Half the outfit= half the score

@Oriane I probably prefer it to the full octopus version because you can really see how the outfit compliments her body. It's really sexy and it's my favorite even though it's simple. I like the wig too.

@Plastique Tiara To be honest, the black version looks like the Sexxx Dreams look if it wasn’t yet cut into a more revealing look. The others were cute though.

@Lazz Monster it worked better with the tentacles lol

Not pressed because no tentacles 🦑 

Used to be HighRoad

Cello
4 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

@ExMachina It's ... unflattering. I remember one Polish fan who got on stage with her called her a big sweaty noodle

:icega: omg

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Oriane
Just now, ARTPOP2 said:

ok, but at the same time...

:triggered:

The only acceptable rate for this one :whitney:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

SharkmanthaC

#7 Just Dance / Poker Face / Telephone 

Score: 6.22

Highest Raters: @Animal Claws, @2School4Cool(10)

Lowest Rater: @DiamondKing (2) 

ARTPOP3.png

Bodysuit: J & M Costumers, Inc. in collaboration with Haus of Gaga

Boots: Andre No. 1

Comments:

@KatieJudasGaga4 Kinda simple, but a great outfit that resembles "The Fame". I prefer the longer hair version of the wig.

@DiamondAngel If Hillary Clinton was a bad bitch

@Animal Claws She's so cute with this look

@Dancin This look is bland. But it could be worse.

@ARTPOP2 I bet the sketch that conceptualized this outfit must've looked BOMB but the execution is not it. it's still cute tho (and the monster paw on the back could've been better as well)

@2School4Cool Simple and classy, and I love the paw on her back.

@Phaye Monster Imo the most forgettable look of the ArtRave, it’s not bad but it’s just not as good as the rest.

@Didymus Just pure mediocrity. There's nothing you can really say about it. It looks like the outfit of a Project Runway contestant who was eliminated. Some interesting ideas but nothing in the execution that says wow. Missed opportunity. Again a horrible wig. Yuck.

@Davian It’s cute and fits the songs. It does it’s job but isn’t a standout.

@Smother Em Eh I like the sparkles but the hair is ok.

@Miel There's not much I really can say about this outfit, or even this section in the concert. For both of them- not bad, but ultimately a big, big snooze.

It's a stoned power-suit dress/bodysuit with a bad fabric color and oddly shaped peplum. That's it. I know the back of the outfit had a cool "monster paw embroidery design, but even then it felt abstract. Not enough to make up for a look that, while not falling all the way flat, is just plain boring.

Also, I liked the first, short platinum wigs more than the final use of the opening wig. Like, I know it looks like a $30 half-off 613 human hair lace-edge Duby Diamond swoop knock-off, but it added variety and visual diversity to a show that was all about interchanging visuals.

While I prefer the second wig by itself, it only made the look more boring, when looked at in conjunction with its previous usage.

@MargesI don't like the short wig. Sorry but meh. 6points because of the terrible wig.

@MANiCURE 6 Don't really like this one.

@the Devil of Pop The wrap dress is a nice one! The fabric is probably deluxe rhinestones that look amazing IRL but they don't stand out that well in pics.

I don't like the wig in the left two pics; I think that shade of white makes it look synthetic and cheap and I don't like the haircut. It reminds me of a politican lady's haircut hahaha :smh: More on this wig at 6!

@DiamondKing I just don't like this one.

@OpenHeartedMonster The wig with that fringe looks better imo

@Cello Simple, chic and classic Gaga

@ExMachina Nothing special by 2008-2014 Gaga standards, but definitely a very solid costume!

@lost in limbo Underrated tbqfh, though much like the Act I outfit there's something about the shape that rubs me the wrong way. Also I LOVE the short haircut wig.

@Suspiria Nice but forgettable. Like this segment of the show :stalkga: ...

@IrishMonster Bit basic compared to the rest

@Oriane The outfit is okay, maybe a bit basic but I like it, it fits the songs. Maybe with bare arms it would have been better.

@Plastique Tiara Just like the Venus outfit, would have loved it better if it wasn’t lacking something. If for Venus, it was originality, here it was about material. Sneakers? No. Wig used? No. The dress is cute though.

@Lazz Monster solid look

she/her/hers

Suspiria

The more I look at the fur/dreadlocks/neon garters  look, the more I love it... maybe my taste has just been tainted by Charli XCX/Sophie stan twitter gheys:selena: kinda sad it was so low.

ARTPOP2
Just now, Oriane said:

The only acceptable rate for this one :whitney:

SharkmanthaC

#6 Venus / MANiCURE / Cake Like Lady Gaga 

Score: 7.746

Highest Raters: @Dancin, @Phaye Monster, @Davian, @the Devil of Pop (11) 

Lowest Rater: @Alexanderr(4)

ARTPOP2.png

Bra & Panties: Perry Meek

Boots: Andre No. 1 

Comments:

@Dancin Literally my fave look from the era. All hail Aphrodite!

@ARTPOP2 I love this look so much, especially for the wig but I wish she could've went with the seashells she wore in the applause mv, cuz this one looks a bit diy

@2School4Cool Simply iconic, I was so starstruck seeing her wear this outfit at my show.

@Phaye Monster So my favourite Gaga look ever, I love the Aphrodite lady. The wig is everything.

@Didymus While I can almost appreciate it for its fundamental messiness, it's just a mess in the end. I appreciate the idea but the execution is so cheap it just does not justify being worn in a show people paid a lot of money for to get in to. Everything about this looks like her real show outfits were lost in a fire and she had to scrape something together last minute. Not cool.

@PinkPop This wig is one of the most iconic she has ever worn and has been nicknamed the 'Venus' wig. People in my family also know it as the 'Venus' wig too!

@Davian The Venus look is my favorite Gaga look ever. It looks so good on her. She is born to play Aphrodite!

@Smother Em Eh I love the Sea Shell Girl hair. It’s godly! And the bra and panties. The whole look is a serve. A sexy one too!

@Miel A fun, campier representation of her "Aphrodite" visuals. Although I liked the initial renditions of it more (specifically SwineFest), I do think there's a sort of cartoonish charm to this version. The exaggerated wig really rounds out the look.

Regarding the detailing, I do wish the stoning went all around the bra straps- not just isolated on the seashells. It kind of blurs the territory between "Gaga having fun cosplaying as herself" versus "cheap first-time in drag on Halloween night 2005".

Also, I personally prefer the second garden panty more than the initial thong. It makes the outfit look less empty- compare the picture on the far-left versus the picture on the far-right.

@Marges Nnnn. Iconic.

@MANiCURE 6 Not really into this one, I would love this outfit to look like the Venus one in the "Lady Gaga & the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular"

@the Devil of Pop Perfect artRAVE look! This wig is the best, so flowing and perfect for that Boticelli look, this look is simple and badass, and I like that fans can recreate it with craftiness.

@DiamondKing I prefer the VMA look without a pantyhose

@OpenHeartedMonster THE WIG IS EVERYTHING. I love when she sings "Aphrodite lady seashell bikini (garden panty)" and has that outfit.

@Cello I know this is a fan favourite but I was never that keen on the Venus wig and the overall look is a bit messy.

@ExMachina It's great! Classic ARTPOP look, I'm happy she included it in the tour.

@lost in limbo I love the wig (imo it's one of my fav Venus wigs) but like....the rest....This is imo the worst seashell look. So many good Venus looks she had and she went with that. I will say I like the floral panties but putting them over pantyhose was...a choice.

@Suspiria I guess I was just bored of seeing this exact look the entire era, didn't do much for me. But it is iconic and a solid look.

@IrishMonster The wig is beautiful but after that it’s just a bra and panties

@Oriane I love the Venus look, I'm not a fan of the panty above the tights here, I think it looked better at the iTunes festival. Same goes for the wig.

@Plastique Tiara Would have loved it better if it wasn’t used on the Swinefest. Nonetheless, it was also a remarkable outfit of the ARTPOP era.

@Lazz Monster 8 because of the wig and the bra, which are amazing, but from the waist down it's a no no

she/her/hers

Archived