series

Netflix cancels ‘The OA’

Eido

Featured Posts

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Did the storyline get wrapped up somewhat decently? I don't wanna watch if it's just gonna end messy :oprah:

Not at all. 

Defmix100
43 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

They are stopping 13 Reasons Why on the 4th season.

But this is a sad. Still recovering from the cancellation of Santa Clarita Diet :madge:

what!?? they've cancelled Santa Clarita Diet? :cryga:

StarstruckIllusion
49 minutes ago, Eido said:

13rw shouldn't have been renewed after the second season. It didn't make any sense. They even renewed Black Summer even though it flopped. 

If it didn’t make sense then that’s a you problem, not anyone else’s. 

I wanted to start watching this in a few weeks, but if it's cancelled I don't want even to start.

7 minutes ago, Wigless said:

If it didn’t make sense then that’s a you problem, not anyone else’s. 

I meant in a way that originally 13RW was designed as a mini series and The OA was designed as a 5 part series. They decided to milk the first because of the whole drama and media coverage they got thanks to suicide scene. 

River

even Happy! was canceled..

It looks pretty bad for Netflix tbh, I think they just can't invest anymore on those shows..

2019 looks terrible for them, from canceling all Marvel's show and now canceling other awesome shows..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

CyanLights

The way Netflix handles all its original shows makes me want to not renew anymore. They create decent or great shows and cancel them on season 2 or 3. The OA, Santa Clarita, One Day at a Time, all robbed. What’s the point of starting and funding a show if they aren’t going to finish it :fail:

LordEnigma
36 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

what!?? they've cancelled Santa Clarita Diet? :cryga:

Yup - they announced it like a couple weeks after season 3 aired.

bloody g

I'm so sad this one was one of my favorites :madge:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

ImMatt

This is really sad news. The OA had so much potential and at times it was absolutely stunning tv. I would much rather Netflix go back to the old days of less shows but seeing them through to the end rather than constant new shows and cancelling them after 2 seasons. You've got to allow them time to breathe as they might become mass hits if you give them time. Breaking Bad took several seasons before the masses got on board.

Chromatislaps
2 hours ago, Eido said:

It's breaking news but also breaking my heart but Netflix decided to not go on with this incredible show that was The OA. 

I would like to remind everyone that the show was created as a 5 part (season) show and we were only on the second one, and that the third part was gonna take place in our dimension. 

I'm so heartbroken, and at the same time they renewed 13 Reasons Why for another season. 

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/the-oa-canceled-netflix-1203291807/

They are always doing that with the amazing shows.... first Sense8...now this.... fck netflix :fthis:

Glamourpuss

I usually don't get into a new series if I know it's been cancelled too soon. It's a shame because The OA seemed interesting to me and now I probably won't ever watch it. 

To them it's all about money and it's ridiculous because it should be about providing quality content for the consumer and making them happy. It is supposed to be entertainment after all. 

There has been too many times over the years where I've committed time to a show and thoroughly enjoyed it only to read it's not coming back for another season. :noparty: Not just Netflix, but other networks as well. 

Kapi09

Noooo i Just finished 2 season and it was awesome!!! Why? I need to know how it is gonna end. 

:bradley:

My name isn't Alice

Archived