💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gagz Shares Instagram Story showing off her make up skills

Boris2

Featured Posts

Cerny
1 minute ago, Caprice said:

Exactly! At first sight I'm not worried about the wing not being sharp but about it being sheer. And I really don't think that's what she's going for when she's using one shade to create the shape and has regular eyeliner underneath. It looks like she just started applying the color all over her lid and didn't have much product left when she went to fill in the outer edge. It makes it look patchy even though I don't think it really is.

I agree that the make up community is too focused on intense pigment as if that's necessary for every kind of product. I love hauslabs focus on versatility because it's just a more intuitive way of doing make up that makes more sense to me. But they're not selling it well. It needs to be "get creative, there are no rules, you don't need a million products and tutorials to paint your face" but it's more like a 3-in-1 shampoo, conditioner and bodywash. Who even buys that stuff? It's not make up enthusiasts.

That’s a great way to put it, and I agree with everything you said. Their approach is not the best and it’s not translating very well.

Now, they might be able to grab the attention of people whose interest in makeup is very minimal, again mostly because it’s Gaga’s brand, but I doubt this will be the case with people that are very much into makeup, they may try it, they most likely will and I wish Gaga and her team the best, but going by the way some of her products look, just simple first impression, I don’t think the word-of-mouth is going to be great, I don’t think these products are going to become essentials for people that live and breathe makeup, in a way some makeup products such as the Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb and setting powder, JFC’s eyeshadow palettes and velour liquid lipsticks, Benefit’s brow pencil and roller lash mascara managed to do. Nor I think these initial products are going to get the praise and respect brands like Pat McGrath do, I mean, her makeup may not be in everybody’s makeup bag or vanity drawer but it’s highly regarded.

And I could be very wrong as this may be a case of very unfortunate deceiving photos, but right now I’m going by that and I don’t think it looks great. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sanne Godijn
9 minutes ago, Cerny said:

That’s a great way to put it, and I agree with everything you said. Their approach is not the best and it’s not translating very well.

Now, they might be able to grab the attention of people whose interest in makeup is very minimal, again mostly because it’s Gaga’s brand, but I doubt this will be the case with people that are very much into makeup, they may try it, they most likely will and I wish Gaga and her team the best, but going by the way some of her products look, just simple first impression, I don’t think the word-of-mouth is going to be great, I don’t think these products are going to become essentials for people that live and breathe makeup, in a way some makeup products such as the Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb and setting powder, JFC’s eyeshadow palettes and velour liquid lipsticks, Benefit’s brow pencil and roller lash mascara managed to do. Nor I think these initial products are going to get the praise and respect brands like Pat McGrath do, I mean, her makeup may not be in everybody’s makeup bag or vanity drawer but it’s highly regarded.

And I could be very wrong as this may be a case of very unfortunate deceiving photos, but right now I’m going by that and I don’t think it looks great. 

Did you forget that alot of people asib was gonna flop and look what happend ik super succesfull so i say have a little faith in our gaga

Cerny
37 minutes ago, Sanne Godijn said:

Did you forget that alot of people asib was gonna flop and look what happend ik super succesfull so i say have a little faith in our gaga

Oh absolutely, I’m aware and I’d like to be proven wrong twice, not because I want Gaga to bask in success in order validate her worth and use it as ammunition in silly heated arguments with other fan bases, but because I want her to put out an actual quality product that people will genuinely love and enjoy.

I just rather look at things with a critical eye and an unbiased approach, I’m not gonna say it looks great because I really think it does not, nor am I going to fool myself just because I like Gaga.

I’m just elaborating on why I don’t think the presentation of Haus Laboratories is appealing or effective, in both, my point of view and the information I’ve gathered by watching and reading makeup related media, in effect, leading me to believe that this is not going to be met with roaring success and glowing reviews, but I for sure would like to be pleasantly surprised.

I do sometimes tend to lean towards a pessimistic mindset though, I’ll admit that, but I find it works for me. :gayhat:

Zilla

Guaranteed half of you haven't even tried to apply eyeliner before. It's not terrible, with the shape of the wand on these you can't get a really sharp point unless you use a brush to move the product. I'm just a bit concerned with the sheerness, they kind of look patchy in some pics.

And anyway, Yankees swept the doubleheader today, my Queen pulls through for my team especially when we play Boston :wub:

aaron boone smiling GIF by MLB

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

alextruper17
5 hours ago, Phaye Monster said:

Her skin... wow:firega: she’s glowing

5 hours ago, MonsterMom said:

Her skin is flawless :legend:

Mdna skin

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

JusKeepBreathin
5 hours ago, Zander said:

Not with the Dad puns. :bradley:
7-E32-AF5-E-F8-FF-4776-8424-E6-AACB69-A4 

Oh wow. The hat is real? I thought it was an IG filter or something. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, SKANK said:

giphy.gif

This site yesterday: "She's a PR genius! She's setting up candid photos and romantic dinners to throw off the homewrecker narrative before she is set to release Haus Beauty and LG6. It's all planned."

This site today: "The **** is boo boo the fool doing painting her make up on like this? That's not how you promote a beauty line. Winged eyeliner so big it looks like a bat landed on her face. Garbage Mama. Amazon canceled."

GGD never ceases to amaze me.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Xoxo Adriana

Everyone seems to not completely understand that Gaga is not here for the "glam", filtered, kardashian looks, and is going for more abstract, "Gaga" looks...shes doing her own thing. While a lot of people have their own opinions about how Gaga does her makeup, she's experimenting freely and will get better the more she plays with the products. Y'all are saying you "miss" the old gaga:

a861049965e76211_Lady-Gaga-Panda-Makeup.

but hate the makeup she did in ONE ig story. Gurls, she use to walk out of hotels and do interviews w abstract makeup back in 2011-2014, WBK:vegas:

ltlmnstr
4 hours ago, Cerny said:

and you can use any other lip liner as lipstick. Same with any other shimmering eyeshadows, you can used them as highlighters too, and as toppers or whatever. There’s nothing revolutionary about it

I was about to say...drag queens do this all the time. Drag on a dime challenge. Like Season 1 (yes the first season) RuPaul’s Drag Race queen Shannel uses eyeshadow as lipstick and gloss over it.

I guess she’s selling obscure/niche techniques to a mass market audience? (I hate that this sounds so lackluster to me)

Cerny
40 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

Everyone seems to not completely understand that Gaga is not here for the "glam", filtered, kardashian looks, and is going for more abstract, "Gaga" looks...shes doing her own thing. While a lot of people have their own opinions about how Gaga does her makeup, she's experimenting freely and will get better the more she plays with the products. Y'all are saying you "miss" the old gaga:

a861049965e76211_Lady-Gaga-Panda-Makeup.

but hate the makeup she did in ONE ig story. Gurls, she use to walk out of hotels and do interviews w abstract makeup back in 2011-2014, WBK:vegas:

The eyeshadow in that photo is very pigmented, pitch black even. :derpga:

Now imagine that exact application but with sheer patchy makeup, it would look worse. 

35 minutes ago, ltlmnstr said:

I was about to say...drag queens do this all the time. Drag on a dime challenge. Like Season 1 (yes the first season) RuPaul’s Drag Race queen Shannel uses eyeshadow as lipstick and gloss over it.

I guess she’s selling obscure/niche techniques to a mass market audience? (I hate that this sounds so lackluster to me)

Yes, though I wouldn't say it’s that uncommon, especially for those who use makeup routinely, I’d imagine. My mam used to (and I’m pretty sure she still does) use lipstick on both her lips and cheeks, as blusher, and sometimes brown lip liner as eyeliner too. Some people use eyeshadows to fill in their eyebrows and so on. The way you apply the makeup is more important than the product itself, not always though, it also can be shite.

giskardsb
4 hours ago, Zander said:

I was thinking this to. The formulas are meant to be buildable and not highly pigmented from what’s been said but I feel like a lot of beauty gurus will overlook that. From watching beauty gurus It seems like if a product isn’t pigmented it’s viewed as being not good.

Well beauty gurus also all seem to think any hint of actual skin is a travesty.  Surprised they don't just wear acrylic paint. 

Oriane

Spoiler alert : common people have the same makeup skills.

This is actually good because it shows how her makeup will actually look like in real life, when used by these people.

I wonder how many of the people commenting on this thread have actually ever worn makeup.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Marilyn MonHoe
5 hours ago, dynamite said:

makeup-fail-1.jpeg

Hide contents

battle for ur life

I hate you for this I-

Archived