• Last Reply
Gracious Gaga
7 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Two songs on Joanne, zero on ASIB :laughga:

Why did u do that says hi 

♥ Kindness Police.

Gracious Gaga
5 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Wrong again. She is the main writer for 95% of her work since Til It Happens to You. In Joanne, she isn't the main writer for Come to Mama and Perfect Illusion. Also, in ASIB, she isn't a writer for Diggin' My Grave and she also isn't the main writer for Til it Happens to You. That's 4 songs, only 4. So stop over exaggerating and saying doesn't writer her own material anymore when she does. I told you this before, but I guess you chose to ignore it.

I do not believe that actually.  We do not see what happens in the studio or wherever the songs are being written but I think many songs and ideas are created without Gaga and then brought to her and she puts her touch on it.  You don’t know and I don’t know but that’s what I believe.  I’m just being realistic.  This is extremely common in the music industry.  Also LOTS of ghost writing where writers do not even receive writing credits.   

♥ Kindness Police.

Cloudbusting

I literally don't see the problem with gaga having co writers or just tweaking aspects of a song previously made... She obviously liked and connected with the song enough to put it in her album. Why would she be allowed to put out only what she made herself. That kinda limits what she can say and do tbh.... no one is able to do everything perfectly, what is the problem to ask someone for help to release your own vision. :confused:

6 hours ago, Didymus said:

I think their point is more: the OP shouldn't claim Gaga doesn't go "shopping around for tracks" when she... does :emma: When she doesn't, she still works with co-writers anyway so it's not really correct to imply that Gaga works completely on her own. I mean, the OP literally says: "She writes her own material and producers create based on what she made" when based on all the evidence it's the exact other way around :rip: Gaga creates melodies and lyrics based on what her producers have made :oprah: There are exceptions but not many.

It's a detail of course, but worth pointing out. LMs' general delusion about Gaga being worlds apart from how other pop stars create their work has always been annoying. She's a pop star so she's not even allowed to write her own songs lol. That's the reality. And that's fine, 'cause it's what she chooses to do :huh: I never understood this phobic need of so many fans to prop her up as something she's not just so they can feel validated when they argue with other fanbases :ladyhaha: Gaga is more in control of her music than other pop stars but not to the point where she can be compared to artists outside of the pop universe. Compared to them she's just another basic bitch controlled by her label, that's honestly the truth, even Josh Tillman who wrote Come to Mama plainly admitted that, mentioning Gaga and Beyoncé in the same sentence :shrug:

Saying she doesn't do something doesn't mean they never do it, it just means they are not known for doing it. Gaga also doesn't lip sync but I'm sure you can find a performance where she did it a couple of time. Doesn't do =/= never does it.

Also I didn't imply that she works on her own. But there are artist who buy songs and others who make songs. I'm not saying one is better than the other. Most people will say the latter is better but the artist who fall into the former actually have better music a lot of the time so there's that. And that's what I was getting at. She does not normally get songs from other producers/writing camps but what if she did manage to get her hands on a couple? Which ones would we want.

As for when I said producers create a sound based on what she wrote, that was my understanding of how it went for the most part. Do you have proof that my understanding is wrong? Not trying to start argument, I genuinely would like to know.

Also Gaga can do what she wants and write what she wants. If she weren't, there is no way any Label person would allow Joanne to happen in it's current form.

And I don't think it's wrong to prop her up for something she does well. She is incredibly talented musician, at least in the pop realm. It's not like anyone is saying she is a Lorde level songwriter. I don't even think she is a Taylor Swift level songwriter but others may disagree. Beyonce fans have no problem propping her up for her performances. And they should, she is one of the best.

Christian Carino

7 Rings - Ariana Grande

That song it's just so The Fame Gaga, but a darker version. 

JR Gg
3 hours ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Why did u do that says hi 

Why do you do that was written by Gaga, Diane Warren, Mark Nilan, Nick Monson and DJWS. Gaga is the first songwriter credited, indicating that she is in fact, the MAIN songwriter. Check your facts.

JR Gg
7 hours ago, Didymus said:

I think their point is more: the OP shouldn't claim Gaga doesn't go "shopping around for tracks" when she... does :emma: When she doesn't, she still works with co-writers anyway so it's not really correct to imply that Gaga works completely on her own. I mean, the OP literally says: "She writes her own material and producers create based on what she made" when based on all the evidence it's the exact other way around :rip: Gaga creates melodies and lyrics based on what her producers have made :oprah: There are exceptions but not many.

It's a detail of course, but worth pointing out. LMs' general delusion about Gaga being worlds apart from how other pop stars create their work has always been annoying. She's a pop star so she's not even allowed to write her own songs lol. That's the reality. And that's fine, 'cause it's what she chooses to do :huh: I never understood this phobic need of so many fans to prop her up as something she's not just so they can feel validated when they argue with other fanbases :ladyhaha: Gaga is more in control of her music than other pop stars but not to the point where she can be compared to artists outside of the pop universe. Compared to them she's just another basic bitch controlled by her label, that's honestly the truth, even Josh Tillman who wrote Come to Mama plainly admitted that, mentioning Gaga and Beyoncé in the same sentence :shrug:

Interesting. Do list out every piece of evidence you have to support your statements. 

Gracious Gaga
1 hour ago, JR Gg said:

Why do you do that was written by Gaga, Diane Warren, Mark Nilan, Nick Monson and DJWS. Gaga is the first songwriter credited, indicating that she is in fact, the MAIN songwriter. Check your facts.

Her name being first doesn’t mean anything . Diane has said herself she wrote the song 

♥ Kindness Police.

JR Gg
4 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Her name being first doesn’t mean anything . Diane has said herself she wrote the song 

Stop spreading lies and really do check your facts. :flop:

From Diane herself:

Soundtrack cut: “Why Did You Do That?”

It’s one of the few times I have written to a track. Gaga was determined to get me out of my comfort zone and she did but it was a lot of fun. I’m usually in my room writing by myself. And she sang it beautifully. We were just trying to write a cool and fun Gaga song. We were going for a bit of a retro/modern feel.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/art-books-music/a24088658/a-star-is-born-soundtrack-songwriters-interview/

scary pennywise the clown GIF

Archived