💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Name a song you wish Gaga had bought

Mr S

Featured Posts

jacs vs looser
28 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Thank you!  Donatella was also a beat and complete song with different lyrics and vocalist before Gaga reworked it with Zedd . A lot of ARTPOPs beats and music were created without Gaga

Exactly! Mary J Holland was also another finished song Gaga bought and just changed the lyrics to. She's done it a lot since the ARTPOP era.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VOLANTIS

The entire C2c tracklist.

But Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered especially. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

beaublue

None, I don’t want her to sing songs she hasn’t written which is why I had such a problem with Till It Happens To You. She built her career on writing her own music, if she bought songs I’d feel like she was selling out. Somehow it’d cheapen her art. But that’s just me lol

The Z
1 hour ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Um .. she doesn’t write her own material for the most part as of lately.  A lot of Joanne involves heavy collaboration and songs that were created before Gaga even heard of them (perfect illusion, come to mama for example) and same with ASIB, till it happens to you. 

Let’s not be in denial about this fact :awkney:

Two songs on Joanne, zero on ASIB :laughga:

Mirages
2 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Diggin My Grave wasn't written by her but I suspect that was intended to be Jackson feat. Ally song. Because besides Jackson's songs she's always credited as the main writer. But you're correct and I don't see a problem with people getting help, theres a couple of reasons they would need like writers block, shifting to a different genre and not having enough experience to know how to approach it, etc. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

KatieJudasGaga4
3 hours ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Um .. she doesn’t write her own material for the most part as of lately.  A lot of Joanne involves heavy collaboration and songs that were created before Gaga even heard of them (perfect illusion, come to mama for example) and same with ASIB, till it happens to you. 

Let’s not be in denial about this fact :awkney:

Wrong again. She is the main writer for 95% of her work since Til It Happens to You. In Joanne, she isn't the main writer for Come to Mama and Perfect Illusion. Also, in ASIB, she isn't a writer for Diggin' My Grave and she also isn't the main writer for Til it Happens to You. That's 4 songs, only 4. So stop over exaggerating and saying doesn't writer her own material anymore when she does. I told you this before, but I guess you chose to ignore it.

KatieJudasGaga4
2 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

She didn't write Diggin' my Grave, but she did produce the song so

Didymus
51 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Wrong again. She is the main writer for 95% of her work since Til It Happens to You. In Joanne, she isn't the main writer for Come to Mama and Perfect Illusion. Also, in ASIB, she isn't a writer for Diggin' My Grave and she also isn't the main writer for Til it Happens to You. That's 4 songs, only 4. So stop over exaggerating and saying doesn't writer her own material anymore when she does. I told you this before, but I guess you chose to ignore it.

I think their point is more: the OP shouldn't claim Gaga doesn't go "shopping around for tracks" when she... does :emma: When she doesn't, she still works with co-writers anyway so it's not really correct to imply that Gaga works completely on her own. I mean, the OP literally says: "She writes her own material and producers create based on what she made" when based on all the evidence it's the exact other way around :rip: Gaga creates melodies and lyrics based on what her producers have made :oprah: There are exceptions but not many.

It's a detail of course, but worth pointing out. LMs' general delusion about Gaga being worlds apart from how other pop stars create their work has always been annoying. She's a pop star so she's not even allowed to write her own songs lol. That's the reality. And that's fine, 'cause it's what she chooses to do :huh: I never understood this phobic need of so many fans to prop her up as something she's not just so they can feel validated when they argue with other fanbases :ladyhaha: Gaga is more in control of her music than other pop stars but not to the point where she can be compared to artists outside of the pop universe. Compared to them she's just another basic bitch controlled by her label, that's honestly the truth, even Josh Tillman who wrote Come to Mama plainly admitted that, mentioning Gaga and Beyoncé in the same sentence :shrug:

KatieJudasGaga4
18 minutes ago, Didymus said:

even Josh Tillman who wrote Come to Mama plainly admitted that, mentioning Gaga and Beyoncé in the same sentence :shrug:

I think you took what he said the wrong way. I remember when that interview was released, the same day he praised Gaga and also stated he hated the industry. Some users made great points:

Didymus
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I think you took what he said the wrong way. I remember when that interview was released, the same day he praised Gaga and also stated he hated the industry. Some users made great points:

"If you think that pop stars are anything other than prisoners, then you are ****ing kidding yourself. I know them. They are crying for help in their music. We think that we’re doing the world a favor by recognizing the innate wholesomeness of this form of music, like, “Oh, I don’t know, it’s just fun! Something that was made to be liked!” But why do you think that Lady Gaga or Beyoncé would come to old Uncle Jerry over here for songs if they weren’t looking for something? If they weren’t like, “Get me away from these ****ing psychos.” Both of them know I’m not running around looking for these gigs. I’ve just done co-writes with those two people. The only reason it happened is because people played them my music and then they asked me to write for them. It’s as simple as that. I have no interest in doing it."

Aligns perfectly with what I said :shrug:

Gaga is not free to do what she wants, hence any presentation of her as some genius singer-songwriter is complete self-hypnosis and tunnel vision. She's always been forced by her label to work with certain producers and then, by trading writing credits, she can take public credit for writing the songs even if their instrumentals were pretty much finished by the time she got to the studio :ladyhaha: That's her genius strategy and it's paid off wonderfully.

Should she be praised for her talent in coming up with melodies and lyrics and little touches to the instrumentals? Sure. But should her producers be credited for doing the groundwork and making it possible for her to channel her creativity? Of course :awkney: People like RedOne aren't hailed as demi-gods for no reason in this fanbase. He singlehandedly secured Gaga's success and it's him we have to thank for coming up with the sound that defined Gaga in 2008 and 2009.

This is how Gaga works. Producers come in with their stuff, Gaga adds little touches (like that genius bridge in Just Dance) and (co-)writes over the instrumentals. It's how most pop stars work and it has obvious benefits. And it's fine. It's what she chooses, so why make a big deal about it? :flop:

KatieJudasGaga4
12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

"If you think that pop stars are anything other than prisoners, then you are ****ing kidding yourself. I know them. They are crying for help in their music. We think that we’re doing the world a favor by recognizing the innate wholesomeness of this form of music, like, “Oh, I don’t know, it’s just fun! Something that was made to be liked!” But why do you think that Lady Gaga or Beyoncé would come to old Uncle Jerry over here for songs if they weren’t looking for something? If they weren’t like, “Get me away from these ****ing psychos.” Both of them know I’m not running around looking for these gigs. I’ve just done co-writes with those two people. The only reason it happened is because people played them my music and then they asked me to write for them. It’s as simple as that. I have no interest in doing it."

Aligns perfectly with what I said :shrug:

Gaga is not free to do what she wants, hence any presentation of her as some genius singer-songwriter is complete self-hypnosis and tunnel vision. She's always been forced by her label to work with certain producers and then, by trading writing credits, she can take public credit for writing the songs even if their instrumentals were pretty much finished by the time she got to the studio :ladyhaha: That's her genius strategy and it's paid off wonderfully.

Should she be praised for her talent in coming up with melodies and lyrics and little touches to the instrumentals? Sure. But should her producers be credited for doing the groundwork and making it possible for her to channel her creativity? Of course :awkney: People like RedOne aren't hailed as demi-gods for no reason in this fanbase. He singlehandedly secured Gaga's success and it's him we have to thank for coming up with the sound that defined Gaga in 2008 and 2009.

This is how Gaga works. Producers come in with their stuff, Gaga adds little touches (like that genius bridge in Just Dance) and (co-)writes over the instrumentals. It's how most pop stars work and it has obvious benefits. And it's fine. It's what she chooses, so why make a big deal about it? :flop:

I think he used Gaga and Beyonce as examples, since those are the major artists he has worked with. Also, why would he say that when not a few weeks before that, he says this about Gaga:

"That was way more immersive than the Beyoncé thing. Oh, we were hanging. It was like five in the morning, someone handing me an acoustic guitar and I’m just like, ‘what are hands.’ We had so much fun. Mark [Ronson] – just watching him produce, it was amazing."

And I don't think you read the replies from the thread I posted.

https://www.stereogum.com/1922543/father-john-misty-talks-writing-for-beyonce-lady-gaga/news/

Didymus
Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I think he used Gaga and Beyonce as examples, since those are the major artists he has worked with.

No, those are the only pop artists he's worked with. As he literally says.

2 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Also, why would he say that when not a few weeks before that, he says this about Gaga: 

Those two quotes don't cancel each other out though :huh: Like... that's what he said. He said it. So there's no "why would he say that", that's a literal quote right there :ladyhaha:

Just because working with Gaga was more immersive than Beyoncé's writing camps does not make his other statement invalid: Gaga is still not free to do what she wants, she still asked Tillman to write and record his own demo for a song she would release under her own name when she could've easily written a song on her own :shrug: So all of my points still remain.

And no, I'm not gonna read all of those replies omg :air: We're having a conversation, the two of us. If you want me to take note of some points worth hearing, then you're going to have to quote them or summarize them.

Nothing Breaks Like A Heart with Mark Ronson but i do love how Miley does it but i can always imagine Gaga doing it.

Archived