When you first heard 'Americano'

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse

I thought it was Alejandro pt. 2 with the Hispanic influence

I remember when BTW leaked, I was in high school going on a trip to the Holocaust museum in DC so I had a long bus ride and the universe blessed me with having a new Gaga album to digest the entire way there:heart: heaven! Bad song though :ally:

...I immediately decided I was going to have to take Spanish lessons so that there’d be absolutely no language barriers between me and Gaga :hor:

Anderson123

I was there in Guadalajara, the rain got us all soaked and kept dancing. She performed for the first time on the piano and talked about the meaning of it before she started singing. When the concert ended, we went to a friend’s apartment to get changed, took a taxi to a bus station and took a bus back home, I fell asleep exhausted because we were there since 11 am. Anyway, it was an amazing night. 

A couple of days later the album leaked and was released so I listened to the studio version and really loved it, it sounded like I expected because just reading “mariachi techno” when she talked about it got me hyped and curious wth it’d sound like. I’ll just never understand the hate it gets here because everyone loves it. 

beaublue

When I first heard Americano it was the live version she performed during the Monster Ball days before it leaked & I loved it. But when I heard the studio version I legit gagged & thought how amazing the bridge would sound live in a stadium with everyone stomping their feet. It’s honestly one of my fav Gaga songs & Born This Way wouldn’t be the same without it.

AJRocketMan

When I first heard Americano I thought it was dorky. It took me several years to get into the song.

MANiCURE 6

Does anyone has a remastered version of Americano (Piano Version / Live From The Monster Ball) ?

I do think that this version is wayyyyyy better than the one we've got on BTW... :trollga:

Inferno

Don't remember Americano specifically however, I do remember the album was like leaking before it was released and I was listening to all the hq leaks off tumblr. I remember hearing Bloody Mary for the first time and immediately loving it. What  I can remember of my general feelings towards Americano during the actual btw-era was that I liked it but it wasnt and has never been one of my favorites though I like it.

Anveeroy
4 hours ago, Ryusei said:

You knew the lyrics upon first listen? Impressive :ally: jk. I loved it, I remember listening to it early in the morning in my room in the dark for the first time. Back then i was still heavily questioning this album lol

Pretty much sure, I was uttering Dontcha, Dontcha, Dontcha :ally:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Biggest Fan

When I first heard Americano It hit my roots

Hot like Mexico, 🇲🇽 I felt special since Gaga🇲🇽 was addressing them Mexican people at least  I felt special

+plus I was shook how she can transform a song into whatever she wanted to like Mariachi but still EDM POP

truly and enigmatic first listen :pawsup:

🤖

I immediately thought “Omg I love this!... wait haven’t I heard this before?”

I remembered later than it was in Puss In Boots :firega:

HotLikeMexico

Loved the piano version at the Monster Ball in Mexico. 

Then I heard it when it leaked and LOVED IT.

Archived