Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is The Haus of Gaga lazy?

Lemondeduerl

Featured Posts

giskardsb

Argument comes up like every month 

fan base is lazy. You all need new material. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lego

Do you guys remember that Gaga tweet “who are you calling lazy?!” or “are you calling me lazy?” smth like that, it was hilarious :giveup:

FreePalestine

Delusional
7 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I think it's more about just taking a long ass ****ing break and developing a concept that's actually substantial and well thought out. I mean, she said she would slow down and not let herself be worked into the ground in early 2014 anymore but ever since it's been non-stop once again :air: I don't get how she even has the time to think about creating new stuff.

I'm not even sure she wants to anymore tbh :smh: Let's be real, we're talking about a person who literally said she almost quit music because she hated the music industry that much. Who knows, she might just be saying "I'm finishing this contract, doing what I have to do and I'm getting out of here". It sure would explain the general lack of exciting offerings and her branching out into acting which was always her dream anyway.

The final paragraph is pretty alarming and it would kinda make sense :shrug: maybe it’s her fybro too? 

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

davflz
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I think it's more about just taking a long ass ****ing break and developing a concept that's actually substantial and well thought out. I mean, she said she would slow down and not let herself be worked into the ground in early 2014 anymore but ever since it's been non-stop once again :air: I don't get how she even has the time to think about creating new stuff.

maybe I'm too naive, but I actually think LG6 might deliver that. We know based on who she's working with that the album is going in a rather experimental and definitely not "safe" direction. I really hope/ would like to think the Haus put all their energy and imagination into it. After more than 4 years of playing it "safe", I feel like this project could truly be the return of Gaga at her most free, experimental and adventurous. I mean if they wanted to do something basic, I don't think she would work on it for 2+ years :air: Maybe I'm a clown but I really feel like this album could be a truly defining moment in her career and has the potential to become her magnum opus :pray: 

HighwayGuy

To me it just shows that HL isn't the main focus of Gaga/The Haus, and have a lot more waiting for LG6 :pray:

If Gaga did loads of promotion for HL y'all would complain just as much and say 'she's just a beauty queen now' or smth :nails:

Lemondeduerl
3 minutes ago, davflz said:

maybe I'm too naive, but I actually think LG6 might deliver that. We know based on who she's working with that the album is going in a rather experimental and definitely not "safe" direction. I really hope/ would like to think the Haus put all their energy and imagination into it. After more than 4 years of playing it "safe", I feel like this project could truly be the return of Gaga at her most free, experimental and adventurous. I mean if they wanted to do something basic, I don't think she would work on it for 2+ years :air: Maybe I'm a clown but I really feel like this album could be a truly defining moment in her career and has the potential to become her magnum opus :pray: 

OMG I hope so. 

:)

LeJudas

No

I think they do what they feel is right and don't go overboard.

Sometimes they do extra when they want to I guess it depends on the event or specific moment when Gaga wants a little extra flair or whatever

brucee

I don't think they are lazy. Gaga doesn't have to.... Be a big ''artsy'' thing. She is more into musicianship when it's about her music. They are putting out simple **** maybe for us to stop wondering and change perception of music. I might be naive here. 

hello hello baby.

JazzGa

I wouldn't call it "lazy" so much as complacent. They've already had all the hits, earned all the money, got all the acclaim. And guess what? It wasn't actually that awesome, there was a lot of sh*t that came with that. So this time around, they already have their nice salaries and networked with the stars and bought their Hollywood homes, so why bother taking a risk? They've all put themselves through workaholic punishing schedules, and sacrificed a lot of health and happiness in order to "make it." So why punish yourself again when you already earned it all? Why take a risk when you don't NEED it?

Obviously it's more fun to follow a hungry, insatiable new artist, than a complacent one. But from their perspective, it only makes sense to ya know, slow down and enjoy life more, at the sacrifice of art and risk-taking. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

James Gibson

I've been thinking a lot bout this lately and what came to me was that quote from Jackson Maine in ASIB where he says many people out there have talent but few have actually something to say. Gaga had plenty to say through long of her career but does she feel she still has it now?

Look at Haus Labs promo. She says a lot of things about giving a space to people express themselves and be who they are. But is she saying something about herself?

I'm not against her doing a beauty brand or persuing more acting or doing more jazz but at this point she just seems to be doing something different for the sake of being different cause she isn't quite doing it anymore with her music, her original source.

If you think she doesn't care about this and is just doing her thing, look at FF2. On the day of the Super Bowl she admits it's a bit depressing how that would be peak of her career and it couldn't get any bigger than that. Brandon replied that moment would be a mark where she would become succesful forever and sold out staiums till she died.

Then, she had a lot to keep her mind busy: Coachella went right after, Joanne world Tour that made really weel, fribro got worse and ASIB came. That's the crucial thing. nobody knew how the film would turn out and that it became as big as it is. She was acclaimed for her acting (something she always dreamed of), her music was considered fresh, she was living her 45th breakthrough in 5 years and looked like The Fame Monster era again. And most of all, she got a ****ing OSCAR for it, arguably easy for her first film.

This situation reminded me of Bojack Horseman, the lead character tries many ways of revamping his fading career and eventually he does the movie of his dreams and is said to be nominated for an oscar for his performance. When Bojack hears the news, he kinda feels empty and "normal". As if all this efforts for acclaim and recognition didn't actually elevate him, he had to evelate himself. I believe Gaga felt the same way she felt bak in the Super Bowl after winning the Oscar. She already had the top prize so why pursuing more films, more music etc etc? Putting expectations on a goal can frustate you and make you feel underwhelmed.

And as many people pointed out her, she doesn't need  to make art anymore. She has money through eternity, her name is known everywhere, she got the biggest prizes of her industry (except the Vanguard :derpga:), she already is established (releasing a museum of your own art is a sign of that). She did what she had to do, anything now is extra for her, thats why they look unambitious.

But here's the turning point, she never lost her uniqueness, she still can do it easily. Look at the Met Gala this year. That was BRILLIANT, pure BRILLIANCE. She made CAMP ITSELF by just wearing a bra! And look at the Vogue doc, she rehearsed all that act 2 days before the event and didn't even check the outfits with Brandon and still fit perfect in her.

I just think she's in a state artists face that is creative block and lack of inspiration. I don't mind if she takes some time off (or already is) to fall in love, move to another place (Madonna in Portugal that resulted in Madame X, David Bowie went to Germany to scape from drugs in USA and did the amazing Berlin trilogy), to live a little. Get out of her mansion in LA where all her producers can come whenever she asks  and face some challenges. Have a team that supports you is great but is also important to face contradictions and different views. And looking by the producers she worked till now, I feel confident she can do it many times.

This wasn't a negative reply, just a rational analysis of the moment she's been doing so I hope I don't get dragged fot his.

nodandsmile
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

I'm not even sure she wants to anymore tbh :smh: Let's be real, we're talking about a person who literally said she almost quit music because she hated the music industry that much. Who knows, she might just be saying "I'm finishing this contract, doing what I have to do and I'm getting out of here". It sure would explain the general lack of exciting offerings and her branching out into acting which was always her dream anyway.

I hate the way this makes so much sense!

AJRocketMan
1 hour ago, brucee said:

I don't think they are lazy. Gaga doesn't have to.... Be a big ''artsy'' thing. She is more into musicianship when it's about her music. They are putting out simple **** maybe for us to stop wondering and change perception of music. I might be naive here.

That would be a terrible, terrible, terrible career move on her part. She made an entire career on being a visionary and not just a musician, and millions of people fell in love with her because of it. To make a 180 and expect her devoted fan base to kiss her ass for just being a musician isn’t going to work out in the end, because God knows these people aren’t going to change their minds for her—they’ll just stop buying her music.

TimisaMonster

I think what makes it awkward is how there is a preorder for makeup and it's more than a month away...it put the promo to an awkward halt after the first week lol

And the ENIGMA merch is just basic trash like Joanne was...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived