Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are the Haus Labs promo shots too weak?

Stef

Featured Posts

Diamonster

I’m someone that doesn’t wear make up and even I think the first look looks like little girl’s make up from those pink cases, it’s not good promo to show such unpolished looks, it’s us that do that at home after trying to look like the ad :ladyhaha:

Also she doesn’t really pump me up to the idea of buying this stuff, I watched one video of Rihanna doing make up and I wanted some, and she was doing the make up on herself as well. Gaga just gives me MLM boss babe vibes.

On a positive note, I like the lip glosses and will probably get some once this stuff it’s released 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biggest Fan
On 8/1/2019 at 9:05 AM, Didymus said:

I personally don't find them appealing but I've seen so many fans love it so I'm sure it's just not my taste. I don't know, I just find it a little unambitious.

When I'm looking at make-up or glamour shots I want to see different moods, different vibes, different settings so I can imagine different stories and characters for each picture that I see, and can easily imagine recreating the essence of those pictures in my own daily life. Not getting that with Haus Labs' campaign. I just see a bunch of people trying to look edgy and I'm not even really looking at the make-up :triggered:

I don't know SH-T about make-up though :laughga: But I compared them to the only other celeb beauty brand I know, Fenty Beauty, and I thought hers looked a lot better, as in: nicer to look at and more professional, and more of a "omg I can imagine wanting this" as a make-up stan or whatever. I like that the variety of the products takes immediate center stage and she uses vastly different color schemes and backgrounds for her pictures so the make-up looks versatile and omnipotent in terms of the potential for daily use. I'm also not looking at the models and at the make-up specifically, even in Rihanna's own pictures.

holiday-2018_fenty-beauty_002_promo.jpg

holiday-2018_fenty-beauty_001_promo.jpg

rihanna-fenty-beauty-moroccan-spice-camp

7483_ZRRhu1dz0spcNQDi_2.jpg

f448e55f7ba10cee4d3bf73db72fe4b2.jpg

So far I'm not really getting why people would be interested in Gaga's products based on the campaign alone.

I repeat though: I don't know anything about make-up. I'm just waiting for the experts to review it :shrug:

But these are photoshopped 

🤖

ltlmnstr

I said something similar when the promo photos leaked and I got ripped to shreds.

OP is brave that’s for sure.

I still don’t like the second photo. She looks tired. Is it smoking taking a toll on her face? Smile lines? She looks tired

Didymus
1 minute ago, Biggest Fan said:

But these are photoshopped 

From what I can see, not that much tbh.

Sanne Godijn

Gaga is showing us what the products look like in irl instead of using a photoshopped picture and i like apriciate it very much

ChromeAngel
7 hours ago, MrDarkGa said:

Idk what it is about Sarah and hard, partially blended edges and wonky liner. 

I couldn’t put my finger on what exactly I don’t like about most of her work but this is it :air: the liner is always rounded at the end as if she applied it with her thumb and said “good enough”. :air::air: There’s a difference between a messy look that’s done well and a look that’s just plain messy :air:

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

From what I can see, not that much tbh.

Lighting is hard to tell but that was definitely staged lighting *and* boosted in post. Point is that they can’t really be compared because they’re doing two different things. That doesn’t mean Gaga is off the hook, though :trollga:

Archived