question

Are the Haus Labs promo shots too weak?

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount

Yea it's pretty bad marketing tbh. Especially when you have brands like Fenty, Morphe, etc. That along with the price tag and the fact that you can't swatch in-store makes people not want to buy the product. It's not like Haus Labs is an already established brand either. Just my two cents. 

davflz

yeah it's definitely very underwhelming for a makeup brand, especially one that is owned by Gaga of all people. Like come on, Gaga for years has been known for editorial and avant garde aesthetics and then she puts out these promo pics that are just so middle of the road, like ugh so many missed opportunities.

Though I have slight hope that we will get some more interesting and unconventional content in the next months. After all, the brand will drop in September and I'd hope they deliver some more interesting concepts until then :poot:

ARTBOP

The first one really is horrendous, especially for a make up account to post it... Unblended, dusty looking, wonky eyeliner, I just hope Gags did this one by herself, because I actually really enjoy what Sarah does, on a day to day, shows, carpets and promo, I think she's absolutely slaying it.

The second look, although not anything particularly groundbreaking, I mean it's a shimmery smokey eye and a glossy nude lip, it's pretty well done.

The third one one is pretty, but what's unfortunate, I think, is that the black liner is shimmery and the light reflecting on it makes it look kinda splotchy.

Miel

That said, all of the lip products have looked pretty great to me. The application of the cream liner looks very streamlined, and all of them have since had a great finish.

3 points in and ready for more

Lemondeduerl

I'm sorry, I love Gaga (we all love Gaga), I know about makeup and  this is a mess. It started so good but this stuff is gonna ruin Haus Labs, the makeup is done  so badly and it looks like 3$ makeup from the drugs store.  Not shade at all I'm talking seriously.  

:)

Amen Fashion

I mean just look at Jeffrey stars promo. Them images tho. Haus Labs is promoted so badly sry

Stef
11 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

@Stef is braver than the marines for making this thread.

It’s a genuine question tho 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

nath4gaga

It looks horrendous, especially that one with the green eyeshadow. It looks like my friend who got pregnant young, and is trying to be a brand ambassador for some unknown makeup brand on facebook.

Edit: not that there is anything wrong with that. You just expect more from what should be a HUGE brand. The product better be good from the get-go otherwise it's finished.

WheresLG6

The whole project itself is utter SHITE. I cannot believe we have to cope with this clownery before LG6. I can't stand her 

PS: Sarat Tuna is the worst mua I have ever seen. I want her FIRED.

asfittingasmcqueen

I know a thing or two about make up and I have to agree, the pictures taken with phone cameras don't look good at all. The eyeshadow isn't even blended and the eyeliner looks very unpolished. The make up itself doesn't seem bad, but the idea that you can apply them any way you want to just isn't the truth. 

You can't put any kind of liquid eyeshadow on your cheeks and call it a highlighter, or put two different glittery shades with no correlation together and expect the contrast to look good.

I love the promo shoot and I believe the quality of the products will be great too, but the execution of the looks in her insta stories ain't the best

AdmistTheLight

Yes it is. I am one of the LMs who support her doing this from the start, but if you do make up, do it right. These scream "just throw on some make up but it's cute, might delete later". Hello proffesional shoots, where are you? Hello marketing plan, do we know ha?

Liberaté mi amor

davflz

also we 100% need some new youtube content. The introduction video was fierce, but like we need more :poot: like where are the actual product ads? Some BTS videos where we get to meet the models? new aesthetics? They better put more stuff out there when the brand launches 

Archived