Mario Lopez calls trans children ‘alarming’

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uo111
8 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

I had gender dysphoria my whole life and I still have it at the age of 30, yet I never transitioned and im happy I never did. The feeling went away and im happy being a man today (kinda). Many cases of young people transition then choose to detransition or wish they never did it. Transitioning also removes the chance of getting pregnant or having sperm, these are things kids dont understand the side effect of. They can also lose all sexual feelings and are unable to enjoy sex. This is a very serious issue that only a adult is capable of understand. Atleast 16 year old but not children, if you want children, then allow it without surgery and hormones.

In the US, approximately 0.4% of people de-transition because they want too. https://www.transequality.org/sites/default/files/docs/USTS-Full-Report-FINAL.PDF

The risks associated preventing people from transitioning FAR outweigh the risks associated with de-transitioning (which can be as painless as no longer taking pills).

Botched surgery is the only reason someone might lose sexual function (excluding impotence which is reversible and manageable). Many people choose not to do surgery because of the risks involved, but again it is not our place to decide that for them. Surgery is not performed on 16 year olds in general (except perhaps breast surgery, but I'm not sure about that), so it's a moot point anyways.

uo111
8 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Sexuality is for adults. Quit erasing childhood. 

This must be why teenagers get pregnant all the time, since I guess condoms are only for adults. :ladyhaha::ladyhaha:

1 minute ago, uo111 said:

In the US, approximately 0.4% of people de-transition because they want too. https://www.transequality.org/sites/default/files/docs/USTS-Full-Report-FINAL.PDF

The risks associated preventing people from transitioning FAR outweigh the risks associated with de-transitioning (which can be as painless as no longer taking pills).

Botched surgery is the only reason someone might lose sexual function (excluding impotence which is reversible and manageable). Many people choose not to do surgery because of the risks involved, but again it is not our place to decide that for them. Surgery is not performed on 16 year olds in general (except perhaps breast surgery, but I'm not sure about that), so it's a moot point anyways.

There is no risk in preventing children to not transition.

Sexual function is a high risk even if its not a botched surgery. Many transgenders refuse the surgery because they are told by Doctors its a big risk. Jazz Jennings is a famous trans kid who had the bottom surgery at the age of 16 infront of everyone in a reality show, 2 years later, she admits it ruined her sexual life.

I support allowing your kid to do whatever they want and transition but without surgery and hormones. Once they are young adults, they can made that decision with a doctor.

Lord Temptation
3 minutes ago, uo111 said:

This must be why teenagers get pregnant all the time, since I guess condoms are only for adults. :ladyhaha::ladyhaha:

A teenager is a child transitioning into an adult. Why is this a mystery?

uo111
27 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

There is no risk in preventing children to not transition.

Sexual function is a high risk even if its not a botched surgery. Many transgenders refuse the surgery because they are told by Doctors its a big risk. Jazz Jennings is a famous trans kid who had the bottom surgery at the age of 16 infront of everyone in a reality show, 2 years later, she admits it ruined her sexual life.

I support allowing your kid to do whatever they want and transition but without surgery and hormones. Once they are young adults, they can made that decision with a doctor.

Depression, anxiety, and suicide are very real and deadly risks. Additionally, forcing transgender people to be less likely to pass as their preferred gender puts them at high risk of discrimination and bodily harm from bigots.

31 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

A teenager is a child transitioning into an adult. Why is this a mystery?

I think the mystery is, if sex and gender are only for adults, then when are children "transitioning into an adult" allowed to learn about them? Talk about them?

Sexuality and gender are not adult topics. Treating them as such creates adolescents who are woefully unprepared to deal with them as they go through puberty. This isn't an lgbt issue. Straight cis people also are not being prepared to deal with their sexuality when they hit puberty either.

2 minutes ago, uo111 said:

Depression, anxiety, and suicide are very real and deadly risks. Additionally, forcing transgender people to be less likely to pass as their preferred gender puts them at high risk of discrimination and bodily harm from bigots.

Its hard and complicated, I think these kids should get extra care and safety by the help of the parent and doctors. But I cant support allowing kids to transition through surgery and hormones. If you will allow it, atleast allow it at the age of 16 but not kids.

Lord Temptation
18 minutes ago, uo111 said:

I think the mystery is, if sex and gender are only for adults, then when are children "transitioning into an adult" allowed to learn about them? Talk about them?

Sexuality and gender are not adult topics. Treating them as such creates adolescents who are woefully unprepared to deal with them as they go through puberty. This isn't an lgbt issue. Straight cis people also are not being prepared to deal with their sexuality when they hit puberty either.

Learning and talking about sexuality is fine at all ages when it happens organically. However letting kids enter into a lifelong contract is not. Even if a child knows that they are trans (and I believe they do), at least let them explore their own curiosity about their sexuality first before they’re locked into a cycle of drug dependency. Childhood is not about having all the answers but about discovery, change and self-acceptance.

uo111
1 hour ago, Faysalaaa said:

Its hard and complicated, I think these kids should get extra care and safety by the help of the parent and doctors. But I cant support allowing kids to transition through surgery and hormones. If you will allow it, atleast allow it at the age of 16 but not kids.

34 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Learning and talking about sexuality is fine at all ages when it happens organically. However letting kids enter into a lifelong contract is not. Even if a child knows that they are trans (and I believe they do), at least let them explore their own curiosity about their sexuality first before they’re locked into a cycle of drug dependency. Childhood is not about having all the answers but about discovery, change and self-acceptance.

These are reasonable concerns. That being said, there are options that take these concerns into account.

Hormone blockers to delay puberty so far have proven safe and completely reversible at up to 5 years of use. The biggest concern is bone health, which is directly linked to hormone levels, but delaying puberty for up to 5 years hasn’t shown negative effects on bone health (although it may when more data comes out, but right now we can’t say they will).

It’s also important to remember that mental health professionals are involved in the care of these adolescents. It’s a long process and no decisions are made lightly. Even hormone blockers are considered and discussed several times before their initiation, despite their apparent safety.

Akiki
10 hours ago, homomo said:

I can’t at some people saying “people should be 18/19 to be able to reassign their sex”

Do you not realize that going through puberty is the scariest and most horrific thing a transgender person can go through? Basically, their body is developing further into the body they don’t want. During and after this phase is when most suicides happen.

If you begin the reassignment process during or right before puberty, you save that person from possibly years of torment. 

Parents/teachers/etc, should educate children about LGBTQ+ at a young age so they are capable of making these decisions around puberty time.

Yes. I have a case in my family and it started to get bad after he made 9. After that we had to prepare him and the family for the process. But I understand Marios coments and even at 9 years old we decided to get teraphy to ease the process. I dont think it's right to go full trans from night to day. It's dangerous to jump the shark at such young ages cause you may be doing more harm than good

Archived