Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Matthew 'Dada' Williams: on working with Gaga + Kanye

Inferno

Featured Posts

TheBatman

The original haus was the best team ever, wish he'd come back. Love how he said before Kanye and Gaga only Madonna could get high end designers to do her costumes :) Queen for a reason! Damn. His work with Gaga is all so iconic, I do pray for a reunion one day with them!!! Loved hearing how they would collaborate, sounds like such an exciting time! 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Defmix100

You can tell things were different once he left, there hasn't been the same level of magic since.

And his part about the meat dress alters Gaga's inspiration for it right?

monketsharona

I really miss the original Haus. It was so full of creative and inovative people. I remember a lot people from the industry recognised back in the day Gaga had the best of the best in her team.

She had the best designers, dancers, producers, photographers, directors on her side. It was such a peak in her team. 

Didymus
23 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

You can tell things were different once he left, there hasn't been the same level of magic since.

And his part about the meat dress alters Gaga's inspiration for it right?

Well, Gaga never really talked about how the dress came about, just what it meant for her. But yeah, I guess now we know it wasn't her own idea. Tbh, it was a given already, as the dress was first used on a magazine cover and she re-used it months later for the VMA's lol.

Agreed about the first sentence though :giveup: I miss him so much.

On 7/30/2019 at 1:36 AM, doppelganger said:

But they're definitely for a very specific clientele : rich white women. And for that reason his designs don't quite have the same impact as lesser talents. 

On 7/30/2019 at 1:25 AM, Inferno said:

Except, I don't care for Brandon. I think he's a total bore, talented, but a bore. Not to be mean but just my opinion. There's no real passion that comes through his work, it's simply just well fitting female clothing. Nothing more nothing less.

kathy bates lies GIF

Absolutely false. Brandon Maxwell has one the most diverse and chic runways out there. Agencies love casting his shows bc he knows every woman is beautiful --every and any kind.

It doesn't matter if he's a "bore", he's not here to entertain us. He's here to help women  feel like the bad bitch they are by birthright. He's the first to call out lazy designers on Project Runway too: size 00 or 66,  do👏your👏job 👏 and make her feel like a Queen!

Spoiler

His work is so f'n elegant and fierce, it's breathtaking. One color, one fabric, no embellishments means you can't hide anything. To make something so beautiful with minimal materials is the sign of pure talent.

Never think simple = boring.

Say to MY face that Gaga @ 2016 AMAs didn't have you clutching pearls. In fact...show me  a Maxwell dress on Gaga that didn't scream "she phucks!"  (then I'll show you a list of optometrists)

tea drinking GIF by Empire FOX

Spoiler

And his runway soundtracks SLAP!  :rockstar:

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

AlexanderMagno

I’m not going to talk too much about this issue, because I would probably get a warning point :oops:

But Gaga stans should be called Dada stans.

doppelganger
7 hours ago, KNJ said:

kathy bates lies GIF

Absolutely false. Brandon Maxwell has one the most diverse and chic runways out there. Agencies love casting his shows bc he knows every woman is beautiful --every and any kind.

It doesn't matter if he's a "bore", he's not here to entertain us. He's here to help women  feel like the bad bitch they are by birthright. He's the first to call out lazy designers on Project Runway too: size 00 or 66,  do👏your👏job 👏 and make her feel like a Queen!

Hide contents

His work is so f'n elegant and fierce, it's breathtaking. One color, one fabric, no embellishments means you can't hide anything. To make something so beautiful with minimal materials is the sign of pure talent.

Say to MY face that Gaga @ 2016 AMAs didn't have you clutching pearls. In fact...show me  a Maxwell dress on Gaga that didn't scream "she phucks!"  (then I'll show you a list of optometrists)

Hide contents

I didn't say he wasn't talented. His clientele is very specific though, celebrities and upper class women , and that's because he designs very sophisticated clothes. He doesn't have quite the street style cred that someone like Demna Gvasalia and Raf Simons have. 

Gaga's black velvet BM dress that she wore to Tony's birthday is a stunner, for me the best gown she's ever worn

ltlmnstr
On 7/29/2019 at 10:50 PM, Inferno said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkyXcPCULamwwR7bWQ4eq

:heart:

He actually tweeted a while back that he got tattoos removed so it could’ve have been these but he’s rarely seen without a shirt

DonatellaPop

Wow they worked on so much **** and orgagasmed behind the scenes

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

Inferno
On 8/2/2019 at 12:23 PM, KNJ said:

kathy bates lies GIF

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Simple doesn't inherently equal boring, however, brandon Maxwell's designs are. But everyone has an opinion.

Also, Gaga at the 2016 amas absolutely did not have me clutching my pearls :madge:

Inferno
On 8/2/2019 at 9:02 PM, ltlmnstr said:

He actually tweeted a while back that he got tattoos removed so it could’ve have been these but he’s rarely seen without a shirt

There was a 2014 interview where he briefly discusses gaga and the camera zooms in on a tattoo on his arm of a woman who resembles gaga. Idk if it's supposed to be her or maybe if he now had it removed lol :p

Inferno
On 8/2/2019 at 12:22 PM, Didymus said:

Well, Gaga never really talked about how the dress came about, just what it meant for her. But yeah, I guess now we know it wasn't her own idea. Tbh, it was a given already, as the dress was first used on a magazine cover and she re-used it months later for the VMA's lol.

Agreed about the first sentence though :giveup: I miss him so much.

Shes usually crediting her team for a lot of ideas that have come about over the years. At the end of the day she is the nucleus of why these inspirations come to fruition though. As with any mainstream pop star you can name, including Madonna, their work is not all from their own head. It's a product of a team of creative individuals and appropriating ideas that already existed. You're often low-key looking for ways to subliminally slip in some "unoriginality" dig as if to always insinuate it's specifically a gaga issue lol

Didymus
2 hours ago, Inferno said:

Shes usually crediting her team for a lot of ideas that have come about over the years. At the end of the day she is the nucleus of why these inspirations come to fruition though. As with any mainstream pop star you can name, including Madonna, their work is not all from their own head. It's a product of a team of creative individuals and appropriating ideas that already existed. You're often low-key looking for ways to subliminally slip in some "unoriginality" dig as if to always insinuate it's specifically a gaga issue lol 

Erm... :awkney: You're kidding right?

You didn't see that someone quoted me, asking if Gaga lied about her inspiration? :ladyhaha: That wasn't me. In fact, I replied to soften such an accusation by writing that Gaga's inspiration may still have been legit without her having thought of the meat dress by herself. How is that trying to dig at her? :wtf: I'm ****ing defending her.

I ****ing know that Madonna works the same way omg I'm disgusted that you think I'm so stupid.

7 hours ago, Inferno said:

Simple doesn't inherently equal boring, however, brandon Maxwell's designs are. But everyone has an opinion.

Also, Gaga at the 2016 amas absolutely did not have me clutching my pearls :madge:

Inferno: 

cant see scooby doo GIF by Boomerang Official

Spoiler

Jk :awesome: :kara:

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

freebit

His brand is cool, but I feel like a lot of people in fashion are going for the aesthetic he's doing atm, so it doesn't stand out the way it should. 

He had great chemistry with Gaga. I feel like if they hadn't hooked up then they'd probably still work together with her commissioning things from him & supporting his line occasionally, kind of like Nicola .

Archived