💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Matthew 'Dada' Williams: on working with Gaga + Kanye

Inferno

Featured Posts

LilyLark

He was and is very talented. Didn't he seemingly cheat on Gaga multiple times though? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but she dated him in between her on and off thing with Luc and then all of the sudden he had a kid with some model and they basically stopped working together...the timing seemed suspect. I thought she also kind of implied Bad Romance was about him once...To be fair, they were both in their early 20s and sh* t can get messy.

It's good though that he has nothing but kind things to say about her.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

I was thinking about him recently, wondering what he was up to these days. When he was working with Gaga, that's when "the Haus" seemed to be at their creative best.

Inferno
4 hours ago, LilyLark said:

He was and is very talented. Didn't he seemingly cheat on Gaga multiple times though? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but she dated him in between her on and off thing with Luc and then all of the sudden he had a kid with some model and they basically stopped working together...the timing seemed suspect. I thought she also kind of implied Bad Romance was about him once...To be fair, they were both in their early 20s and sh* t can get messy.

Actually I think it was more Gaga as the mistress. He had the kid before they started fooling around.

LilyLark
12 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Actually I think it was more Gaga as the mistress. He had the kid before they started fooling around.

I just looked and Gagapedia claims he dated Gaga in '08 and the kid was born in '09 and he stopped working for her in 2010.  So who knows? It could be on the up and up, she could have been the mistress type, or he could have been cheating on Gaga. Either way he seems nothing but nice about her...

If he did inspire Bad Romance, though, that gives me more the vibe that he was a cheater type.

boyerased
4 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I just looked and Gagapedia claims he dated Gaga in '08 and the kid was born in '09 and he stopped working for her in 2010.  So who knows? It could be on the up and up, she could have been the mistress type, or he could have been cheating on Gaga. Either way he seems nothing but nice about her...

If he did inspire Bad Romance, though, that gives me more the vibe that he was a cheater type.

I mean there were pics of Gaga carrying his kid so idk. 

I understand that a talent like him couldnt be with Gaga forever. Although I still hope they'll collab like for a TFM 10th anniversary special. 

Amen Fashion

to be honest: if we still had him, Gaga would be the Rihanna of our generation. As a designer myself I’m looking up to Matthew. He defines and forms that indie/design scene. He is crazy talented and damn creative. 

gagzus

He was good for the time, and we can add another influence to gaga’s belt notch. She and Kanye were the ones who started and opened the doors for musicians to be wearing high fashion and luxury brands on loan instead of purchased.

It now makes why after she blew up Bey, Rih, Katy and others managed to get good stylists now

Inferno
6 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Well they met in 08, I'd assume maybe hooked up but they were hooking up again around like 2009 as well. Even though he had the kid. I think it was a 'bad romance' so to speak. Ultimately if we're to believe her own reference in 5ft2, all these men in her life can't handle the life. Maybe she's too restless to settle down completely. Matt also expressed tire of being on the road, as most people seem to. Probably a lot of things. And her career just got bigger and bigger. Around the time he left though was the beginning of people falling off her team. So I theorize the pressure of being on such a high pedestal was probably getting to everyone involved in team gaga. Some people aren't built for that.

NewYorkCity

I have always appreciated him and wanted him back :giveup: They did so many iconic things together :giveup: 

But she also did iconic things after he left, I mean BTW era is epic in fashion. What I miss the most about that time are the inventions (discostick, led glasses, pyrobra, living dress...), the innovation, technology, iconic items... that stopped right there. (We all try to forget about volantis so let's NOT).

AshIey
17 hours ago, LilyLark said:

I thought they were on/off as well or even fwb since she dated Speedy for a bit in between all this. There was also the quote about her ending it as to not get in the way of their work. I always figured when he got that other woman pregnant it was at a time they weren’t together. 🤔

Inferno
On 7/30/2019 at 8:36 PM, modern ecstasy said:

I thought they were on/off as well or even fwb since she dated Speedy for a bit in between all this. There was also the quote about her ending it as to not get in the way of their work. I always figured when he got that other woman pregnant it was at a time they weren’t together. 🤔

Speedy was cute af. I wonder what his deal was.

Miel
14 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Speedy was cute af. I wonder what his deal was.

There were rumors that he was a jerk to Gaga. Granted, this is something I read on this site, like, years ago. But that's the last thing I've ever heard about him.

3 points in and ready for more

Inferno
2 minutes ago, Miel said:

There were rumors that he was a jerk to Gaga. Granted, this is something I read on this site, like, years ago. But that's the last thing I've ever heard about him.

hmmm intrigued

Archived