šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Matthew 'Dada' Williams: on working with Gaga + Kanye

Inferno

Featured Posts

AshIey

ā€œSheļ»æĀ would just call me and go into a stream of consciousness on an idea or a concept. She would reference a painting or something that really inspired her and then I would riff on it aļ»ænd then propose ideas. We would go back and forth until it was something that she really loved.ļ»æThen, I would go figure out how to make it.ā€ -

It sounds like he was very good at taking her ideas and helping her convey them more clearly, because we know Gaga can be all over the place sometimes lol. They definitely had a specialĀ relationship, Iā€™d love to see them work together again someday.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Dada is one of the OG Haus member that I missed dearly. :applause:

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

Reject False Icons

:giveup:Ā Iā€™m cryingĀ for his words, he acknowledges Gaga equal to Kanye for the great work they have done after all these years

Dada was a great part of the Haus, I agree with all of you that he helped to make the biggest Gaga iconography, I hope someday she contacts him againĀ 

Miel

The way he wrote all of that feels very wistful and nostalgic.

Now I'm feeling the same way regarding that time, oh man.

3 points in and ready for more

GypsyBabe

Wow that really made me feel some type of way :bradley:

The memories.Ā 

āšÆĶ›

Tom Nook

Wow Iā€™m surprised this hasnā€™t been covered before since he was an integral part of the Haus, Iā€™m grateful havingĀ been a fan since the beginning to see their collaborationsĀ 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

doppelganger
1 hour ago, Inferno said:

They worked in sync though. Nicola was her stylist and gave them in's to the big house fashion brands but Matthew basically curated all the visuals and her entire aesthetic really. with her of course.

He makes stuff with his hands starting from a crazy idea, a glue gun and some fabric. Which I really appreciate.Ā 

Looking at his current design works and clothings it's pretty obvious which ideas were executed by Dada. He's a true designer, like Brandon (who understands designing for the female form).Ā  Nicola is an amazing stylist, as a designer he isn't that great.Ā 

As a team the original Haus really complemented each other. But Dada is just something else. Truly a genius.Ā 

PSYCHOSHTICK

She's never gonna call him again, and he's busy working on other stuff. I think it would be too painful for her, she was madly in love with him, Bad Romance is written about him.

1 hour ago, Zander said:

Itā€™s good to see Matt is also doing well with his labelĀ Alyx to.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Kimihiro said:

I'm so happy he's doing good with Alyx. Like real good. I want him to make it big. Like Hedi Slimane/Karl big.Ā 

He also works very closely with Kim Jones for Dior Menswear.Ā 

Ā 

Inferno
2 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

He makes stuff with his hands starting from a crazy idea, a glue gun and some fabric. Which I really appreciate.Ā 

Looking at his current design works and clothings it's pretty obvious which ideas were executed by Dada. He's a true designer, like Brandon (who understands designing for the female form).Ā  Nicola is an amazing stylist, as a designer he isn't that great.Ā 

I agree. Except, I don't care for Brandon. I think he's a total bore, talented, but a bore. Not to be mean but just my opinion. There's no real passion that comes through his work, it's simply just well fitting female clothing. Nothing more nothing less.

Inferno
Just now, Concertaholic said:

He is so cute why can't they be togetherĀ :lmao:

latest?cb=20140106170026

Oof just got a chub. This must've been way back in the 00s, before all his tattoos. If I'm not mistaken I think he has a tattoo of gaga actually, or simply an illustration of a woman that resembles her in spirit.

Concertaholic
1 hour ago, Inferno said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkyXcPCULamwwR7bWQ4eq

:heart:

This picture of them speaks a thousand words. You can just feel the emotions..

doppelganger
18 minutes ago, Inferno said:

I agree. Except, I don't care for Brandon. I think he's a total bore, talented, but a bore. Not to be mean but just my opinion. There's no real passion that comes through his work, it's simply just well fitting female clothing. Nothing more nothing less.

I think he is passionate. His designs are not necessarily based on deconstructing ideals of what clothing is (eg Rei Kawakubo, Galliano) but rather the craft of making clothes around/for the human form. I don't think one method is better than the other.Ā 

But they're definitely for a very specific clientele : rich white women. And for that reason his designs don't quite have the same impact as lesser talents. On the contrary having Gaga as the muse elevated his dresses, that you don't have to be demure to pull off a gown or pantsuit.Ā 

KURUSHITOVSKA

The sparkling bra is so iconicĀ :giveup:

ĀæQuĆ© currĆ­culum tiene Ć©sta tarĆ”ntula?

Archived