💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy found guilty of infringement

Mana Mahad

Featured Posts

Mana Mahad

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A jury has found that Katy Perry’s 2013 hit “Dark Horse” copied a 2009 Christian rap song.
The nine-member federal jury in Los Angeles returned the unanimous verdict Monday.

The decision came five years after Marcus Gray and two co-authors first sued alleging that “Dark Horse” stole from “Joyful Noise,” a song he released under the stage name Flame.

The case now goes to a penalty phase, where the jury will decide how much the plaintiffs are owed for the copyright infringement.

https://www.localmemphis.com/entertainment-news/jury-katy-perrys-dark-horse-copied-christian-rap-song/

tenor.gif?itemid=4891491

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

Whut lol. I mean, I hear similarity but... :air: Undeserved imo.

Why is it always the basic ass songs people take to court :lmao: Like, relax, you're no songwriting genius if you came up with that.

River

Cause I'm copying ya like a dark horse :diane:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

LateToCult

9293371-E-226-F-4-DB8-AD27-2-BE63-F2-EA4

After a week-long trial, a California jury has reached its conclusion that Katy Perry's "Dark Horse" is a copyright infringement.

The lawsuit was brought by Christian rapper Marcus Gray, professionally known as Flame, who asserted that Perry's 2013 hit tread on his own work entitled "Joyful Noise." In particular, the plaintiff alleged that the Dr. Luke-produced song took his underlying beat.

At trial, both Perry and Luke insisted they had both never heard of "Joyful Noise" while Grey pointed to his own song's success in a niche market and offered the theory that the defendants may have heard it at the Grammy Awards or seen it on YouTube or MySpace, where the song earned millions of views. The defendants also attempted to knock the plaintiff's ownership of infringing material by both pointing to how the beat was allegedly preexisting material. Finally, Perry and Luke called experts to the witness stand in an effort to show a lack of any substantial similarity of protected expression.

The trial had color from Perry offering to perform her hit live upon difficulties with the sound speakers to a shooting that took place just outside the courthouse on the day that Luke was testifying.

Most copyright cases either settle or are dismissed before ever getting to trial, but "Dark Horse" joined "Blurred Lines" and "Stairway to Heaven" as songcraft that's been put to a jury this decade.

Today's verdict means the case will proceed to a damages phase.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/thr-esq/katy-perrys-dark-horse-copied-christian-rap-song-jury-finds-1227297

Luke78619

Okay but I doubt Katy has every heard of this song coz wtf is this lol so is she really copying :laughga:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

bloody g

I'm sorry but this is such a reach :laughga: Katy sis get a new lawyer :poot:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Sorcerer

Katy just can't win :saladga: 

There are some similarities with the instrumental, but I don't think it's plagiarised at all.

BLACKOUTbritney

Wait, this song sold over 13million copies WW. That band just won the lottery considering they aren’t very similar lmfao 

Bonkers

Court?  Why don't they just pray for her career to decline.   :emma: :vegas:

oh wait

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Archived