Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

MTV to remove Michael Jackson’s name from this year Vanguard Award

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

James Gibson

Honestly this is making news for a reason. As if they want to test public's opinion on the issue.

They could just call it Vanguard Award this year and make no statement about it. Few people would notice as in previous press releases for this year's show Michael Jackson's name wasn't included in the award.

I would suggest the Madonna Vanguard Award present to Lady Gaga. Imagine how iconic. But since they're pretending Madge doesn't exist (probably until she dies, just like MJ) it won't happen. Also if Michael's allegations falls out it will look bad for them to snub his legacy again

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fresco

As far as I'm concerned mtv can cancel their entire awards show. No music in mtv  regular programming. They are doing nothing to cultivate music fans on mtv. They have no basis for having an awards show. It's leftover from an ancient bygone era when mtv actually showed music videos in their regular programming on mtv. I don't care if anyone wins any of their awards let alone what they call an award. I don't watch mtv ever now, nor the awards show.

LaLuna

Where is the excuse me no button when you need it :triggered:

Sure, let's just ignore the fact that the man had the most iconic music videos of all time, broke barriers and practically defined MTV. Let's just throw away his entire legacy because of some stupid allegations that were never proven to be true.

MTV has been cancelled for years anyway :madge:

Ziggy
13 hours ago, Nemo said:

Pet peeve of mine, it wasn't named for him originally, and in fact several won it before him... and deservedly so. So for me, it's overdue. Sorry MJ fans.

If it isn’t named for him then whatever at that point lol

Mister G

I like how MTV all of a sudden wants to do something like this; they haven’t even been MTV for over 15 years since everything is all reality tv with them now. 

LeoFameMonster

yes rename it and do it as the lady gaga award.... his stan should carry the legacy

and to anyone who wants MTV cancelled i say meat dress 

I say born this way announcement

I say Alexander Mqweeeeennn

I say dont ask dont tell

I say meat dress

I say paparazzi 

Born To Slay
1 hour ago, LeoFameMonster said:

yes rename it and do it as the lady gaga award.... his stan should carry the legacy

and to anyone who wants MTV cancelled i say meat dress 

I say born this way announcement

I say Alexander Mqweeeeennn

I say dont ask dont tell

I say meat dress

I say paparazzi 

All of that was like 8+ years ago now. The show has sucked for a while now.

KingRedd

Oh well. His legacy still carries with his fans. He was the Pop Star and will always have his lasting impact on the music industry and world. 

The award isn’t even about legacy and videos anyway. That’s why most pop fans want Katy or Taylor. If it was about real video work and legacy and impact than Missy would’ve already gotten it. 

May I Read You? 😎

LeoFameMonster

lol "8+ years" ago is soooooo ancient??  lol 

history is written with movements and MTV pulled out some of gaga's biggest and best cultural movements. I think it's safe to say her fan base wouldn't  be as big and here  if it weren't for MTV platforms to help her to rocket stardom.

"GOD BLESS THE GAYS AND GOD BLESS MTV" < :trollga:

codymonster

Considering there is lots of evidence that he abused children, I’d say that’s a smart idea :laughga:

beaublue

Good. Honestly disgusted that some of you are still defending Jackson after everything that’s happened.

VOLANTIS

Call it “The Madonna”. :applause:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Archived