💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CEREMONY || Joanne

Animal Claws

Featured Posts

Inferno
On 7/27/2019 at 8:40 AM, Twitter said:

How did we let DIC go but keep John Wayne?

Because John Wayne is better..lol

It sounds edgier, its less corny. its short, but whatever

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick

Looking at this list really solidifies what I've suspected for a while...GGD has flop taste :bradley:

Joanne deserved #1, you heartless monsters :giveup:

🖤

Inferno
On 7/27/2019 at 9:32 AM, Didymus said:

Shania Twain demo reject vs. unfinished half-great demo reject :diane:

The battle I was waiting for :madge:

Edit: I enjoy both songs a lot, don't get me wrong :laughga: But how in the world are they superior to Sinner's Prayer and Angel Down and even Come to Mama tbh :toofunny: The basic taste jumped out.

Sinners Prayer is insanely dull. She worked with the incredible Josh Homme and all they could c*ck up was some one dimensional riff that gallops on incessantly till the song eventually fades away after you've already forgot you were listening to it. The lyrical arc wasn't even captivating as I assume this track was meant to evoke the feel of those old-school storytelling folk songs. Everyones always on about what a wasted feature Florence was on Hey Girl creatively but at least that was a cute little bop. SP with Josh Homme was far more disappointing imo but idk if people here know anything about him to realize that tbh.

Diamond Heart is literally like....an energy and passion the rest of the album doesnt have tbh. Thats why I grew to love it. But I also get why it wouldn't be someones cup. And tbh, those Shania Twain demos that were released that you're probably not comparing this to but it actually does sound very similar sonically to them and imo they were so great lol so....the comparison aint much of an insult imo lol

Didymus
Just now, Inferno said:

Sinners Prayer is insanely dull. She worked with the incredible Josh Homme and all they could c*ck up was some one dimensional riff that gallops on incessantly till the song eventually fades away after you've already forgot you were listening to it. The lyrical arc wasn't even captivating as I assume this track was meant to evoke the feel of those old-school storytelling folk songs. Everyones always on about what a wasted feature Florence was on Hey Girl creatively but at least that was a cute little bop. SP with Josh Homme was far more disappointing imo but idk if people here know anything about him to realize that tbh. 

Diamond Heart is literally like....an energy and passion the rest of the album doesnt have tbh. Thats why I grew to love it. But I also get why it wouldn't be someones cup.

I actually don't disagree. I just think that even with all that, it's still one of the best songs :emma: I guess that reveals my not so great appreciation for the album in general but yeah...

I totally agree about Homme. Just like I was insanely disappointed in how she used Ronson and Parker tbh. But hey. It's her vision, I guess.

Inferno
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

I actually don't disagree. I just think that even with all that, it's still one of the best songs :emma: I guess that reveals my not so great appreciation for the album in general but yeah...

I totally agree about Homme. Just like I was insanely disappointed in how she used Ronson and Parker tbh. But hey. It's her vision, I guess.

I think lyrically/energetically(?) Diamond Heart is the best track on the album. I appreciate the joyous vibes of Just Another Day and the heartfelt warmth of Joanne. And from a commercial perspective, I understand Million Reasons success. Overall though, meh. I feel like even though I can acknowledge the work put into the album, its just not interesting to me musically/creatively/aesthetically. I can like some tracks but aside from DH at this point (and even then) I really don't revisit anything. Its the only Gaga album that I kind of just scroll past when I indulge.

Evan Peters

the fact that come to mama was dead last just proves how tasteless every single one of you are :bradley:

emma roberts is an abuser

Archived