Jump to content
Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
interview

DJ Snake shares his very bittersweet experience of working with Gaga

Featured Posts

monketsharona

Translation :

'Working with Lady Gaga was a big opportunity. It was an open door. In the United States. I could have got another opportunity the other day in Japan. At that time I just a club DJ and I wanted to move on. [...] There were a ditch. I didn't speak English. The music was the gate. The music needed to have impact.  I had no money and I needed to pay a translator, my plane tickets, the hotel... In three months in the United States I went broke. I put all my money in this because I needed one shot that would brought a second one and a third one and then to build something. We had the passion of music. That's when the frustration came. 
When you're a nobody and you're in the studio with some people and that you can't really give you're vision in the session. You're just sit et you're told 'Do this !'. It's quite hard because you can't do art on command. You can't drive an emotion on command. You just feel like an intern. Those poeple just sold million records before you. I ended that adventure very frustrated. I wasn't angry against them but against myself. You just needed to get a name and some weight for them to listen to me on the next record.' 

5min45

Mess at her team not even paying the plane and hotel of a young producer that is starting in music :saladga:

Edited by monketsharona
  • Like 29

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Creyk

A better translation is needed, that is very bad english

  • Like 3
  • LMAO 14
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
monketsharona
7 minutes ago, Creyk said:

A better translation is needed, that is very bad english

Thank you so much. 

And your comment is absolutely useless. 

Edited by monketsharona
  • Like 48
  • LMAO 11
  • YAAAS 3
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 9

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CherryPie
7 minutes ago, Creyk said:

A better translation is needed, that is very bad english

It’s not that bad 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hoss

i mean like... i get where he’s coming from but when you’re working for a superstar like gaga there’s really not a whole lot of room for you to do your own stuff. you can collaborate on ideas but in the end it will be gaga’s vision sooo 

  • Like 21

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
monketsharona
Just now, CherryPie said:

It’s not that bad 

Well let's see if his level in French is as good as my level in English. I would be very curious to see :ally:

  • Like 23
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lakabla
5 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Thank you so much. 

And you comment is absolutely useless. 

Well he has a point, every opinion is important like yours too

  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Runway

He keeps telling this same story every few years.................. he needs to sit down and be grateful he got to work with academy award winner L. Gaga :vegas:

Edited by Runway
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALGAYDO

I get where he's coming from, but a no-name wanting an A-list superstar to do what he wants is kinda stupid. 

Gummy Bear ➡️ NOT Marinara ➡️ HOMODRAKE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Thanks 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
elijahfan

... again? Alright we know Snake, you didn't have full control, blah blah blah :saladga: Then why did you work with her again on ARTPOP? Just shut the hell up already, you knew what you had signed up for, and her team gave you your chance when you were nobody. This story is getting old.

Edited by elijahfan
  • Like 15
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilmonzter

Bad management and miscommunication were the perpetrators! If you know gaga she personally might not aware of this right?!

Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vitleysingur

Such a snake

Edited by Vitleysingur
Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.
  • LMAO 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoeslay
4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

i mean like... i get where he’s coming from but when you’re working for a superstar like gaga there’s really not a whole lot of room for you to do your own stuff. you can collaborate on ideas but in the end it will be gaga’s vision sooo 

tea but also (purely in my opinion) i feel that true artists are open to collaboration and i feel like gaga is especially the type for that. you'd expect her be doing everything in her power to help this upcoming musican maximize his potential. i feel like this was probably a symptom of her shitty management situation at the time. Pre-Bobby times. 

  • Like 8

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miracle
17 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Translation :

'Working with Lady Gaga was a big opportunity. It was an open door. In the United States. I could have got another opportunity the other day in Japan. At that time I just a club DJ and I wanted to move on. [...] There were a ditch. I didn't speak English. The music was the gate. The music needed to have impact.  I had no money and I needed to pay a translator, my plane tickets, the hotel... In three months in the United States I went broke. I put all my money in this because I needed one shot that would brought a second one and a third one and then to build something. We had the passion of music. That's when the frustration came. 
When you're a nobody and you're in the studio with some people and that you can't really give you're vision in the session. You're just sit et you're told 'Do this !'. It's quite hard because you can't do art on command. You can't drive an emotion on command. You just feel like an intern. Those poeple just sold million records before you. I ended that adventure very frustrated. I wasn't angry against them but against myself. You just needed to get a name and some weight for them to listen to me on the next record.' 

5min45

Mess at her team not even paying the plane and hotel of a young producer that is starting in music :saladga:

I mean Gaga is known for handling the creative process of her songs, I don't know why he was frustrated about this. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChromeAngel

I mean that was the job he was hired to do. When it’s your record then you get to do what you want

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...